Am i missing something?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
@The Evil Twin , just wondering if you'd heard anything more from Homestead re the missing holes? I would expect them to send you a new rotating head (or whatever it's called), and let you keep the existing one as a spare. I can't see them suggesting that you drill out the holes.
Nothing as of COB today 😔 I'll definitely update this thread with developments.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm.. it's called a 'tine holding assembly', as seen on page 9 of the manual.

I sure hope it's on the way AND a fresh battery...there's a LOT of tines to remove and reinstall !!!

course that'll be easier than trying to do Roman Numeral math !!!

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
As I mentioned before, IMO the pics say it all…id sure think a real quick turnaround for a customer that already paid…id sure hope so. I’d sure think that amongst the implement makers there is some real competition to pick up the slack after our dearly departed EA left the scene. I would think they would want to use this as an opportunity to not have any bad press so they can gobble up a bigger share. iMO the downfall as EA as it seems is directing folks here…I think the makers know that. I would think that is in your favor…make it right get some good press, gain some consumer confidence or don’t and risk bad press. I hope it works out for your best interest. Thanks for keeping us posted. 🥃

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
hmm.. it's called a 'tine holding assembly', as seen on page 9 of the manual.

I sure hope it's on the way AND a fresh battery...there's a LOT of tines to remove and reinstall !!!

course that'll be easier than trying to do Roman Numeral math !!!
6 batteries, 12 beers!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Tjat crossed my mind. I don't know about time and hassle though. Drilling 5 1/2" holes through 1/4 plate at specific angles freehand isn't exactly hassle free. If they recommend that, and compensate, I will. Definitely not touching it until I hear from them.
You might tell them that if they will pay the purchase cost of a new mag drill of your choice, that you will do the job!

Reactions: 1 users

thoyt

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, Kubota L2501
Feb 10, 2022
Jamestown, NY
The Evil Twin This is Travis from Homestead Implements. I wanted to let you know we sent you an email with the resolution to this issue. You received an offset rake tine assembly by mistake. We believe the tine assembly was acidently switch when finalizing multiple rakes. We are making/sending you a new tine assembly with the tines included for you to replace.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The Evil Twin This is Travis from Homestead Implements. I wanted to let you know we sent you an email with the resolution to this issue. You received an offset rake tine assembly by mistake. We believe the tine assembly was acidently switch when finalizing multiple rakes. We are making/sending you a new tine assembly with the tines included for you to replace.
From...."Travis".....?
Could it possibly be..... THE SAME "Travis".....who just found a new job?

thoyt

Equipment
Feb 10, 2022
Jamestown, NY
From...."Travis".....?
Could it possibly be..... THE SAME "Travis".....who just found a new job?
Nope. This is Travis Hoyt AKA "TJ" on Facebook. I've been with Homestead Implements since the beginning.

Reactions: 4 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well good on you for taking care of business, that goes a long way

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Travis - -

I've seen several positive experiences with Homestead Implements here on OTT.

@The Evil Twin's experience seemed an anomaly.

I look forward to @The Evil Twin 's commentary regarding your/ Homestead's promise of replacement.

I'm not in the market for an implement right now.

However, if I were, your response and ultimate delivery on the promise would be part of my decision-making.

Good for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Travis - -

I've seen several positive experiences with Homestead Implements here on OTT.

@The Evil Twin's experience seemed an anomaly.

I'm not in the market for an implement right now.

However, if I were, your response here would be part of my decision-making.

Good for you.
I agree completely. Mistakes happen. But you never know how the maker / seller will respond until there is a problem or a data point from a reliable source (I consider ET reliable) I appreciate the transparency and the data point. I’ve always shopped Homestead for multiple implements just not bought a product from them, yet 😉. So this is helpful / reassuring. 🥃

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
If you’re going to do anything, mistakes will be made. What separates the men from the boys is how those mistakes are addressed (and prevented in the future).

Looks like this situation is headed in a good direction.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I was thinking about ordering a grapple from your company, however, in my thoughts, it was not welded together properly. Could you please send me one to replace the one in my mind? If you are any good at mind reading I will allow you to retrieve it from my mind and return it to the factory for whatever ideas you might find for it. Thanks and I will send you my shipping address in the morning.

• Haha

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Hey Travis, I did see the email (and responded, thank you!) earlier today. I didn't make it back here to post an update due to the work load today.
One battery, 9 bolts, and a Woodford Reserve should put everything back in business when the new part arrives.
As I said a couple times in this thread, I was looking for something that I was missing in the adjustment. There was no intent on turning this into a circle fest.
Thanks again for the quick resolution!

thoyt

Equipment
Feb 10, 2022
Jamestown, NY
Hey Travis, I did see the email (and responded, thank you!) earlier today. I didn't make it back here to post an update due to the work load today.
One battery, 9 bolts, and a Woodford Reserve should put everything back in business when the new part arrives.
As I said a couple times in this thread, I was looking for something that I was missing in the adjustment. There was no intent on turning this into a circle fest.
Thanks again for the quick resolution!
You're welcome! We didn't find the post to be malicious and appreciate you reaching out via email so we could resolve the issue. We wanted to ensure that everything was taken care of correctly so that you could have the correct angles when using the rake.

• Love

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Final update:
The assembly arrived yesterday. Got around to swapping the parts today. All is well in Twinville! Took a couple passes through the trail behind the house and down the driveway just for S&Gs. Thanks to Homestead and @thoyt !!
1000002776.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Final update:
The assembly arrived yesterday. Got around to swapping the parts today. All is well in Twinville! Took a couple passes through the trail behind the house and down the driveway just for S&Gs. Thanks to Homestead and @thoyt !!
View attachment 127084
Awesome! What are you going to do with the other assembly? If you can keep it you'll have a bunch of spare tines or whatever they're called.