2022 BX23S STEERING PROBLEMS

Frederick willie

Equipment
bx23s
Jul 17, 2024
new york
re: he said that the kubota district service rep said this is normal.

NO IT IS NOT !!!!!

District rep needs to GIVE you a 'loaner' until HE solves what's WRONG with your machine !!! This is a 'no brainer', costs Kubota very,very little if anything, depending on how they 'do the books'....Heck, the dealer should have offered a loaner after 1 week as far as I'm concerned.

As for my 'oil in front axle' comment. Every knows they do NOT fill the axles up. Now mowing tends to be easy, straight line type driving ,at 'speed' whereas loader operations usually involve, well, load on the front, short distances and lots of turning at low speed or ugh, not moving. Those operation increase the HEAT buildup in the axle and could be 'tightening' stuff. The fact that 'let it cool down - it's fine' could confirm what I'm thinking as a possible reason for the problem.
when you use the bucket to lift the front up it works fine. doesn't seem to be binding i don't work on hydraulics but i know when something isn't right

Frederick willie

Equipment
bx23s
Jul 17, 2024
new york
re: he said that the kubota district service rep said this is normal.

NO IT IS NOT !!!!!

District rep needs to GIVE you a 'loaner' until HE solves what's WRONG with your machine !!! This is a 'no brainer', costs Kubota very,very little if anything, depending on how they 'do the books'....Heck, the dealer should have offered a loaner after 1 week as far as I'm concerned.

As for my 'oil in front axle' comment. Every knows they do NOT fill the axles up. Now mowing tends to be easy, straight line type driving ,at 'speed' whereas loader operations usually involve, well, load on the front, short distances and lots of turning at low speed or ugh, not moving. Those operation increase the HEAT buildup in the axle and could be 'tightening' stuff. The fact that 'let it cool down - it's fine' could confirm what I'm thinking as a possible reason for the problem.
if you use the bucket to lift the front end. nothing seems to be tight i don't work on hydraulics. but i know when something is wrong

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, front axle 'steering' not mechanically 'binding' due to overheating...except ONLY steering gets tough after using loader...
bit of a puzzler for sure...
can't be the oil , as everything else works fine.......so boils down to steering valve or steering cylinder.
but what gets hot to ONLY affect the steering.....
hmm, maybe a 'priority' valve that controls flow to the steering circuit has 'seals' that when heated fail,then get 'better' when cooled down ?
will need to read up on 'how-it-works'....

Frederick willie

Equipment
bx23s
Jul 17, 2024
new york
hmm..curious.....isn't it still under warranty ????
just talked TO SERVICE REP told me this was normal. he told me to read page 76 in manual i read it it says. avoid turning the steering wheel while the tractor is stopped, or tires may wear out sooner. my problem is they don't turn. which means if i could turn the steering wheel i would wear out my tires. the problem is i cant turn the steering wheel which means i should be able to turn the steering wheel and wear out my tires!!!! hmmmm

Frederick willie

Equipment
bx23s
Jul 17, 2024
new york
just talked TO SERVICE REP told me this was normal. he told me to read page 76 in manual i read it it says. avoid turning the steering wheel while the tractor is stopped, or tires may wear out sooner. my problem is they don't turn. which means if i could turn the steering wheel i would wear out my tires. the problem is i cant turn the steering wheel which means i should be able to turn the steering wheel and wear out my tires!!!! hmmmm
its covered to may 2025