L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The tractor, The comparison, The modification, The results...

hotairgypsy

Equipment
l2501
May 11, 2024
albuqueque
Rdrcr...i have read everything and great info...I didnt read anywhere where your site is for ordering the kit...am I to assume it is the s2t site...i am new here so i have to ask the dumb questions...also I see one kit installed with the timing mod and you said there wasnt any gains at the time...did you ever figure that out because with the advance in timing you would think there would be greater gains over all

Reactions: 1 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Rdrcr...i have read everything and great info...I didnt read anywhere where your site is for ordering the kit...am I to assume it is the s2t site...i am new here so i have to ask the dumb questions...also I see one kit installed with the timing mod and you said there wasnt any gains at the time...did you ever figure that out because with the advance in timing you would think there would be greater gains over all
Thank you!
Yes, that is the correct place to place an order. ETA is currently 4-6 weeks.

We haven’t reached any definitive answer on the timing mod/Turbo combination. Additional testing on more tractors are needed.
However, what we believe is happening, is that by removing shims on the pump to increase the timing is also increasing travel on the fuel cam which is further increasing fuel volume per cycle and with 2 1/4 turns on the pump rack, it’s too much fuel, reducing performance. So, it is possible that a timing increase and less turns (say 1-2 turns) would produce more power than the factory timing with 2-2 1/4. That theory just hasn’t been confirmed or dismissed on a PTO dyno yet.

What we do know is that with the factory fuel timing, the Turbo Kit provides a significant boost in power and performance.

Mike

Hahnsolo

Equipment
B2650 Tractor, B2782B Snow Blower
Mar 13, 2023
Rocky Mountains
Hey Mike, I was browsing on YouTube the other night and came across these two videos of a guy tuning his L2501 for higher performance without a turbo. Don't know if you'd seen these or not, but they've got some great info. Check it out:

Solo

Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Hey Mike, I was browsing on YouTube the other night and came across these two videos of a guy tuning his L2501 for higher performance without a turbo. Don't know if you'd seen these or not, but they've got some great info. Check it out:

Solo
Yes, absolutely!

We have been in contact and his videos are excellent. Very thorough and provide a TON of great information.

I used some of his data (along with several others) for comparisons earlier in this thread. We have a great community.

I’m just waiting for NetMagi’s request for a Turbo Kit ;)

Mike

• Love

Hahnsolo

Equipment
B2650 Tractor, B2782B Snow Blower
Mar 13, 2023
Rocky Mountains
Ahh. . . I kinda figured you were on top of it.

While I did run my B2650 this past winter with the new turbo with good success, I just felt there was more power to be had. I now realize the importance of tuning and adjustment. I now have the custom gauge display completed and will start tuning this year. I’ll post the results on my page when available.

Solo

Reactions: 2 users