B6200 Three Point Issues

Ripp

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 6, 2023
Pennsylvania
The pressure specification is 2060 PSI so you are way under. Sonething is out of spec.

With the gauge connected that way we cant tell if the problem is the pump, tractor relief valve, or loader relief valve. If you disconnect the hose and connect the gauge directly to the end of the hose you will ekiminate the loader valve. Start the tractor and you should immediatly see high pressure. Do not rum the engine any lomger than it tskes to get a pressure reading.

Dan
Hooked it up the way you described and the tractor doesn’t want to turn over. - cranks slow and feels to me like it’s deadheading.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hooked it up the way you described and the tractor doesn’t want to turn over. - cranks slow and feels to me like it’s deadheading.
I
It is "deadheading" into the relief valve - thats the whole point. Are you using the decompress when starting?

Dan

Ripp

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 6, 2023
Pennsylvania
Yes
I

It is "deadheading" into the relief valve - thats the whole point. Are you using the decompress when starting?

Dan
I tied that. Got a few more rotations but wouldn’t turn over. Don’t want to damage anything so I’m going easy. Pressure did jump to around 1750 psi. While cranking.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes

I tied that. Got a few more rotations but wouldn’t turn over. Don’t want to damage anything so I’m going easy. Pressure did jump to around 1750 psi. While cranking.
The tractor has a relief built into the outlet block so you wont damage anything with that hookup.

If you are already getting higher pressure just cranking sounds like at a munimum the loader relief is set too low. Still be nice to get a good solid reading with your current hookup and the tractor running.

There is a selector lever on the hydraulic outlet block. If you move it to the "no implement" position you wont be deadheading into the gauge and the tractor should crank better and start but you will probably get oil out the open port on the loader valve. If you can plug that port and start the tractor you can then move the seIector back to the implement position and get a good pressure reading. Dont run it long with the pump deadheaded.

Dan

Last edited:

Ripp

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 6, 2023
Pennsylvania
The tractor has a relief built into the outlet block so you wont damage anything with that hookup.

If you are already getting higher pressure just cranking sounds like at a munimum the loader relief is set too low. Still be nice to get a good solid reading with your current hookup and the tractor running.

There is a selector lever on the hydraulic outlet block. If you move it to the "no implement" position you wont be deadheading into the gauge and the tractor should crank better and start but you will probably get oil out the open port on the loader valve. If you can plug that port and start the tractor you can then move the seIector back to the implement position and get a good pressure reading. Dont run it long with the pump deadheaded.

Dan
My PB has a quick connect. I was able to hook up to there and this is what I got at full rpm’s

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My PB has a quick connect. I was able to hook up to there and this is what I got at full rpm’s
You still have the inlet relief in the loader valve in the circuit sobyou are getting the same pressure as you got im your initisl hookup..

Snce you have quick connects on the loader valve hoses disconnect both hoses and connect the gauge to the supply hose coming from the outlet block. Now move the selector valve to the "no loader" position, start the engine, and then move the briefly move selector back to the loader position to get a pressure reading. That os the max pressure the tractor can produce and should be 2060 PSI.

Reactions: 1 user

Ripp

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 6, 2023
Pennsylvania
You still have the inlet relief in the loader valve in the circuit sobyou are getting the same pressure as you got im your initisl hookup..

Snce you have quick connects on the loader valve hoses disconnect both hoses and connect the gauge to the supply hose coming from the outlet block. Now move the selector valve to the "no loader" position, start the engine, and then move the briefly move selector back to the loader position to get a pressure reading. That os the max pressure the tractor can produce and should be 2060 PSI.
Ok the. Here it is.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok the. Here it is.
Pressure is still 300+ PSI under specification. Looka like the pump or main system relief need to be investigated. Not real easy to test the pump directly so next thimg I would do is add some shims to the relief valve and run that test again. If pressure comes up the relief setting was low. If pressure does not come up either the relief is leaking or the pump is pretty weak.

Dan

Here is the parts r iahram for the putlet. Items 200 and 210 are the adjusting shims.

1000000576.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ripp

Equipment
B6200HST
Mar 6, 2023
Pennsylvania
Pressure is still 300+ PSI under specification. Looka like the pump or main system relief need to be investigated. Not real easy to test the pump directly so next thimg I would do is add some shims to the relief valve and run that test again. If pressure comes up the relief setting was low. If pressure does not come up either the relief is leaking or the pump is pretty weak.

Dan