BX24

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I don’t know what part of Vermont you live in , so I don’t know how far away from you these places are. Check with Bellows Falls Tire (vt area code- 8zero2-332zero). Also Pete’s Tire Barn, they have 6 locations in Vermont, plus in NH along the Connecticut River valley. They have a good website that you can find the phone numbers for it. They do a lot of mobile tractor tire repair and installation for farmers.
I had indeed checked with both Cheever Tire of BF, along with Petes in Chesterfield, NH, along with Brattleboro Tire, VT. I've been pawing thru FB Marketplace as advised, did notice a used set of R14s on rims Concord for $500. Not too sure about making such a long trip. May not be any mailboxes left standing between the 2 locations with my eyesight / driving such a distance. I'm going to contact another come Monday Brown Enterprises of VT. Thank You BAP. Appreciated.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
This tire just came via Armstrong TR-34 (6ply) which looks to be offered at Amazon same price as others $800.00 4 wheels/tires combo less taxes. Any feelings? So many choices just don't know. Had been leaning towards the Kenda Terra-Trac.

Attachments

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I went & ordered wheels / tire combo from Amazon roughly a week ago, as by the time Kubota Sales were through be the same price within dollars of each other, besides being the same O'l R4s which didn't care for in the snow. Package was just over $800. Combo was at the house within 3-days, even faster than K sales could get them to me, without upping the price. As you can see, very nicely wrapped, even hvy cardboard disks between each protecting the rims. I also picked up 3" wheel-spacers via ebay motors to the tune of $78. while Amazon same product / sales $102. After a week waiting the whl-spacers finally got around to installation yesterday. Have to say in no shape at 92 was such a chore breaking the lugs free, then having to read the digits on the torque-wrench a Nightmare On Elm St. I'm paying for it today. TY for the helping suggestions, thought perhaps others may enjoy the outcome. That's "Diesel" boss-cat, my see-an-eyes.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I went & ordered wheels / tire combo from Amazon roughly a week ago, as by the time Kubota Sales were through be the same price within dollars of each other, besides being the same O'l R4s which didn't care for in the snow. Package was just over $800. Combo was at the house within 3-days, even faster than K sales could get them to me, without upping the price. As you can see, very nicely wrapped, even hvy cardboard disks between each protecting the rims. I also picked up 3" wheel-spacers via ebay motors to the tune of $78. while Amazon same product / sales $102. After a week waiting the whl-spacers finally got around to installation yesterday. Have to say in no shape at 92 was such a chore breaking the lugs free, then having to read the digits on the torque-wrench a Nightmare On Elm St. I'm paying for it today. TY for the helping suggestions, thought perhaps others may enjoy the outcome. That's "Diesel" boss-cat, my see-an-eyes.
I am glad that everything worked out for you.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Are those tires considered turf tires? I put on R4’s last winter. Seemed to do better than my turf tires the year before for winter duties.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
This tire just came via Armstrong TR-34 (6ply) which looks to be offered at Amazon same price as others $800.00 4 wheels/tires combo less taxes. Any feelings? So many choices just don't know. Had been leaning towards the Kenda Terra-Trac.
Those tires look real aggressive. If you get them, please post your experience with them. Especially in the snow.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Are those tires considered turf tires? I put on R4’s last winter. Seemed to do better than my turf tires the year before for winter duties.
Kenda (mfg.) calls them Terra Trac. Amazon calls them All Terrain. To me are a cross between really aggressive tread & the Turfs offered via Kubota. I'll surely share my snow experience with them. May not be a true test of them alone, as, I'm also adding the v-bar chains back on if I can ever get them to fit well, It's not the tires, rather me alone. I've the fronts on, however not happy with the way they (chains) sit so close to the tie-rod ends. Still looking into front spacers. With my O'l eyes just unable to see what the hub excentric measures. Ice is really my drives issue. completely sloped, 4/5" till spring at times. These tires should also help the chains stay atop the tread rather than falling into the large voids of the old R4s. Crossing our fingers for a fine outcome.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Kenda (mfg.) calls them Terra Trac. Amazon calls them All Terrain. To me are a cross between really aggressive tread & the Turfs offered via Kubota. I'll surely share my snow experience with them. May not be a true test of them alone, as, I'm also adding the v-bar chains back on if I can ever get them to fit well, It's not the tires, rather me alone. I've the fronts on, however not happy with the way they (chains) sit so close to the tie-rod ends. Still looking into front spacers. With my O'l eyes just unable to see what the hub excentric measures. Ice is really my drives issue. completely sloped, 4/5" till spring at times. These tires should also help the chains stay atop the tread rather than falling into the large voids of the old R4s. Crossing our fingers for a fine outcome.
Could you share a link to those wheel spacers? The widest I have see so far is 2 inch...for a BX...on Amazon or Ebay.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The link worked, but I’m a bit confused and I don’t remember the details, but the link shown indicates that there’s a difference in the spacing of the lugs for the original size and the final size.

So I’m a bit confused how this would work on the BX. I know the ones I bought were not adapters but only extenders, if that’s the right term… the bolt circle diameter and the number of lugs was the same for the start and the finish.

Reactions: 1 user

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
The link worked, but I’m a bit confused and I don’t remember the details, but the link shown indicates that there’s a difference in the spacing of the lugs for the original size and the final size.

So I’m a bit confused how this would work on the BX. I know the ones I bought were not adapters but only extenders, if that’s the right term… the bolt circle diameter and the number of lugs was the same for the start and the finish.
This is what the 3" spacers look like installed. Not an ounce of issue during install, machined / matching perfectly. My unit a BX24.

Attachments

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
This is what the 3" spacers look like installed. Not an ounce of issue during install, machined / matching perfectly. My unit a BX24.
I decided to use my brain and see what the 114.3 measurement actually meant and I assumed it was millimeters, and the result was that equals 4.5 inches. So that explains why they were perfectly for you and would for anybody else as well.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I decided to use my brain and see what the 114.3 measurement actually meant and I assumed it was millimeters, and the result was that equals 4.5 inches. So that explains why they were perfectly for you and would for anybody else as well.
Yes, they supply both the inches & MM for those following metric system. In the end both measurement systems used are 4.5 all the studs when all said & done.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My worry with these are strain on the axles. Anyone have these installed for 5 years or more without any issues?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My worry with these are strain on the axles. Anyone have these installed for 5 years or more without any issues?
I had spacers on my BX1860 for several months but ended up taking them off because my seal at the pivot point started seeping fluid. I tightened up the nut and the seeping stopped but I am convinced that the increased stress on the axle caused the seal to start leaking.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I had spacers on my BX1860 for several months but ended up taking them off because my seal at the pivot point started seeping fluid. I tightened up the nut and the seeping stopped but I am convinced that the increased stress on the axle caused the seal to start leaking.

The rear has a pivot point? I understand the front yes. Can't find it now. Yourself? Someone advised NEVER install spacers on the front. I understand possibilities of further stress not factored in from the factory, however, I need that extra room more as a safety concern on my part with chains being ever so close to those tie-rod ends. Yes, could potentially be premature wear somewhere along the front driveline. However, with what little use the tractor sees doubt a couple weeks worth all yr. totaled up. I'll surely be long since planted 6" under before those concerns arise, if they ever do. I can't live forever!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The rear has a pivot point? I understand the front yes. Can't find it now. Yourself? Someone advised NEVER install spacers on the front. I understand possibilities of further stress not factored in from the factory, however, I need that extra room more as a safety concern on my part with chains being ever so close to those tie-rod ends. Yes, could potentially be premature wear somewhere along the front driveline. However, with what little use the tractor sees doubt a couple weeks worth all yr. totaled up. I'll surely be long since planted 6" under before those concerns arise, if they ever do. I can't live forever!
Sorry, I should have specified that I was referring to the front axle only. I do have spacers on the rear and I love them. No, there is no pivot point on the rear. Again, I was referring to the front axle only.