What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Pretty dry here (river and streams barely had any water in them)…mowed the north pasture at the new place and bowling ally. Then stopped to say hello to EM light (lot of chaff on the radiator fins and screen). and gave the tractor a blow job…then we got back after it. Sure appreciated the canopy.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Pretty dry here (river and streams barely had any water in them)…mowed the north pasture at the new place and bowling ally. Then stopped to say hello to EM light (lot of chaff on the radiator fins and screen). and gave the tractor a blow job…then we got back after it. Sure appreciated the canopy.
You need to remember to blow off all those seeds at a place you want that plant to grow! That's how the county gets all the wild garlic, lespedeza, thistle, etc growing everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
You need to remember to blow off all those seeds at a place you want that plant to grow! That's how the county gets all the wild garlic, lespedeza, thistle, etc growing everywhere.
Sure is handy to have a leaf blower I’ll tell you that…there is not a good way to get into the radiator fins on an MX in my opinion with out a blower or radiator genie. The screen slides out one side then you can get to the opposite half of the tines and vice versa. I can’t manage to get my hand in there, so God bless the leaf blower.

Last edited:

tnp8841

Equipment
L3750 w/ 4540
Aug 14, 2024
Ny
Shortly after i got my first tractor I got it stuck in the mud trying to clear some brush around an area I need to dig a ditch. Today I spent a good while digging that ditch, was interesting doing it from the side. Not perfect but itll do so far. Now I just have to figure out how to keep going because its so muddy theres not a real good way to get to it...yet.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I built a crane to mount on my L3010 and Farmi JL290 winch to use as a mini forwarder. Crane mounts like this.

24_9_11-3.JPG

24_9_11-5.JPG

Then I add my trailer.

24_9_11-6.JPG

I gave my crane a field test Friday. I picked up wood in 3 spots. Each spot had bigger wood, getting a feel for things as I went. I knew that the boom hinge post needed to be plumb. If it is at an angle the boom will seek the lowest point and rotating it from there is like pushing up hill. When released it will rotate back down on it's own. I use this to my advantage when traveling. By tilting the post back the boom will drop to the back and follow behind the tractor. I use the tractor TnT hydraulics to plumb the post. I was surprised how quickly the cylinders drifted and I needed to continually readjust to plumb. I see some check valves in my future. Other than that there were no nasty surprises. I picked up a strong half cord.

24_9_13-3.jpg

24_9_13-1.JPG

24_9_13-2.JPG

I made a video. Half hour. It has two parts. The first spot, just starting out, with small wood and the third spot after a little practice. I work slow and try to keep my mind on what I am doing. Even so, I push the hydraulic lever to hard relative to the weight involved once in a while.

gg

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I built a crane to mount on my L3010 and Farmi JL290 winch to use as a mini forwarder. Crane mounts like this.

View attachment 137680

View attachment 137681

Then I add my trailer.

View attachment 137682

I gave my crane a field test Friday. I picked up wood in 3 spots. Each spot had bigger wood, getting a feel for things as I went. I knew that the boom hinge post needed to be plumb. If it is at an angle the boom will seek the lowest point and rotating it from there is like pushing up hill. When released it will rotate back down on it's own. I use this to my advantage when traveling. By tilting the post back the boom will drop to the back and follow behind the tractor. I use the tractor TnT hydraulics to plumb the post. I was surprised how quickly the cylinders drifted and I needed to continually readjust to plumb. I see some check valves in my future. Other than that there were no nasty surprises. I picked up a strong half cord.

View attachment 137683

View attachment 137684

View attachment 137685

I made a video. Half hour. It has two parts. The first spot, just starting out, with small wood and the third spot after a little practice. I work slow and try to keep my mind on what I am doing. Even so, I push the hydraulic lever to hard relative to the weight involved once in a while.

gg
Excellent, nothing wrong with that. I love my winch, but it is just a winter time tool for me, as I hate dragging stuff in the dirt.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

View attachment 137680

View attachment 137681

Then I add my trailer.

View attachment 137682

View attachment 137683

View attachment 137684

View attachment 137685

gg
Awesome gg.

Would making a handful of chokers for the logs be helpful?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is my favorite time of year in Montana and any chance to be outside. I did some late season mowing this afternoon/evening, first with the MX and then the M. With the sun setting it's a great feeling to be pulling the RC3712 around. It's the bee's knees and I should have bought one quite a few years ago. Better late than never I suppose, and I know I'll be using it for years to come.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
This is my favorite time of year in Montana and any chance to be outside. I did some late season mowing this afternoon/evening, first with the MX and then the M. With the sun setting it's a great feeling to be pulling the RC3712 around. It's the bee's knees and I should have bought one quite a few years ago. Better late than never I suppose, and I know I'll be using it for years to come.

View attachment 137754

View attachment 137755

View attachment 137756

View attachment 137757
Very nice!

Just remember to keep all the snow and cold up there this winter, lol

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Very nice!

Just remember to keep all the snow and cold up there this winter, lol
I hope we get a lot of snow this winter since I enjoy using the blower and snow blade and would be thrilled if it's a daily task for a few months. 😂 I'll be in England for a few weeks over Christmas so very little chance of snow there.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Wacked a few more trees to open my shooting lane. The two Oranges make a good team.

lane trees 2.JPG

lane trees 3.JPG

lane trees 5.JPG

lane trees 6.JPG

lane trees 7.JPG

lane trees 8.JPG

More to go, but a good start. (y)

Reactions: 13 users

Instoyque

Sep 16, 2024
usa

View attachment 137754

View attachment 137755

View attachment 137756

View attachment 137757
Montana sounds amazing this time of year! I’m down south, so we’re still getting some warmer days, but I’m definitely looking forward to putting in some good hours when the leaves really start falling.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Montana sounds amazing this time of year! I’m down south, so we’re still getting some warmer days, but I’m definitely looking forward to putting in some good hours when the leaves really start falling.
It's in the mid 40s in the morning and mid 60s in the afternoon so these are the times when an open station would be great. Saying that, there was a lot of dust on the M after cutting yesterday so I still see the benefits of a cab.

With colder weather on the way I drained the hot tub yesterday (I never use it over the summer months), did some maintenance on the internals and ordered a new cover. 😂

MotoBBQ

Equipment
L3902 w/ LA526 loader; rotary cutter; box blade
Jun 26, 2023
MN
Finished my tractor compost. First cut down sumac bush, ripped up the ground, smoothed out the area. Collected free pallets and tied them to fence posts. Cheap and effective. If they don't last, I'll replace as needed.
The idea is, 3 stages of compost in compartments 6ft wide. Just wide enough for the loader to turn it every so often.

20240824_120453.jpg
20240914_155703.jpg
20240914_180105.jpg

The chickens approve, however they remind me I should have 4 walls and not 3. :LOL:

Reactions: 8 users

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
I'll be in England for a few weeks over Christmas
Ahh, for therapy regarding the love of those cold Montana Winters? ;)

You have a beautiful State, but I just can't stand the cold. When I was younger, I spent 6 weeks of Summer at the IU geology field camp near Bozeman. Incredible scenery and climate.

I live in Southern Indiana and it's too cold for me here. Average snowfall is maybe only 10"/year. Honestly, it's the power outages and the fact that I have to keep all my garage doors closed for 3-4 months. I feel like I am in a dungeon.

Our utility rates are so high I have to keep my thermostat at 60 degrees or live just to service the utility company.

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I started mowing at 6pm this evening with plenty of light, and called it quits at 8pm with the light fading fast. It's a slow process at 2mph, even with a 12ft wide cutter. The constant rpm management control works very well and I need it with such a hilly property. It automatically maintains engine rpm and consequently pto rpm as the load on the engine changes.

I managed to run over a short t-post that used to hold a 200 yard target. I thought I was going to miss it but the cutter broke the post in half and dinged up one of the blades a bit. Nothing that a grinder won't fix in 20 seconds.

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Finished my tractor compost. First cut down sumac bush, ripped up the ground, smoothed out the area. Collected free pallets and tied them to fence posts. Cheap and effective. If they don't last, I'll replace as needed.
The idea is, 3 stages of compost in compartments 6ft wide. Just wide enough for the loader to turn it every so often.

View attachment 137861 View attachment 137862 View attachment 137863
The chickens approve, however they remind me I should have 4 walls and not 3. :LOL:
I have a very similar setup using pallets for compost station. It’s not uncommon to push/stab/lift the pallets when turning the compost with forks. If those are attached to that fence behind it could damage your fence if not real careful. Good luck.

slamin81

Nov 7, 2023
austin, indiana
I started mowing at 6pm this evening with plenty of light, and called it quits at 8pm with the light fading fast. It's a slow process at 2mph, even with a 12ft wide cutter. The constant rpm management control works very well and I need it with such a hilly property. It automatically maintains engine rpm and consequently pto rpm as the load on the engine changes.

I managed to run over a short t-post that used to hold a 200 yard target. I thought I was going to miss it but the cutter broke the post in half and dinged up one of the blades a bit. Nothing that a grinder won't fix in 20 seconds.

View attachment 137864

View attachment 137865

View attachment 137866
Man< some great pics there,,