Stupid question about rear .remotes and third function.

Clevus

Equipment
Ko Buddha
Oct 23, 2021
NW Michigan
2018 B2601
I am going to have the dealer install a third function for a grapple.
I like the idea of having rear remotes for a hydraulic top link. But I am not in a hurry.

Is there a reason to have them both done at the same time?
I mean, are they removing and installing the same parts over again?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
2018 B2601
I like the idea of having rear remotes for a hydraulic top link. But I am not in a hurry.

On a B2601 they will be removing and replacing the power beyond pipe with two hoses during the third function installation. That requires getting access to the loader valve. I would guess a dealer tech will remove the fender for access. The remainder of that job is all up front.

Installing the rear remotes requires access to the same loader valve location so the fender will likely come off again but all of the work is independent of the third function.

Combining the jobs might save a few bucks on labor but probably not a lot since there's not a lot of overlap.

Ask your dealer for a hard number and see what they say.

If you really want to save money install one or both of them yourself.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

MK2525

Sep 12, 2024
Colorado, United States
2018 B2601

It important if you are financing with Kubota. They will only finance it all at once and you can't add it later. It's a loan not a line of credit. If it is cash then it won't matter.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Is there a reason to have them both done at the same time?

yes ! You'll only be without your tractor ONCE. If you split the job in two, ,tractor's at the shop for a second time. 'not a big deal' until THAT time, mechanic gets the flu, no extra help, someone 'bumps' you down the priority list, and you're without YOUR tractor for 3-4 WEEKS.
I know there's a lot on this forum that don't NEED their tractor but if YOU depend on it to run your farm operation, MINIMAL downtime is kinda important !

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
re: Is there a reason to have them both done at the same time?

yes ! You'll only be without your tractor ONCE. If you split the job in two, ,tractor's at the shop for a second time. 'not a big deal' until THAT time, mechanic gets the flu, no extra help, someone 'bumps' you down the priority list, and you're without YOUR tractor for 3-4 WEEKS.
I know there's a lot on this forum that don't NEED their tractor but if YOU depend on it to run your farm operation, MINIMAL downtime is kinda important !
Having a backup tractor available is always nice!

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
My dealer use to give 15% off parts and labor from thanksgiving thru about February. Helped to keep the shop going in the slow season.

I had bought 3rd function kits for both the B26 and M59. Was going to install myself. They come with a good instruction book. Figured most of a day on each as I’m kind of meticulous and slow. Was back buying 15gallons of super UDT oil and filters for M59 and talked to service manager during that time. He quoted transportation, full service on the M59, rear tire ballast for B26, installed both 3rd functions for about $200 more than I could buy the parts and do the work myself. Easy decision.

Reactions: 1 user