BX24

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Well, the one dealer sales dept. in VT quoted the prices in the last comment for both the latest style R14 & the R4 bars as he called them. Said price would be the same no matter which tread chosen. They also offered the turf tread same price however would take them a little extra time to get their hands on as not so popular "in his neck of the woods" as they put it.
I know that we are way across the country from you but maybe you can try calling my local dealer sales and see what they would charge shipped to your home. It is worth a try if they offer you a better price.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I know that we are way across the country from you but maybe you can try calling my local dealer sales and see what they would charge shipped to your home. It is worth a try if they offer you a better price.

TY DD214lifer lol. I believe I'll indeed give WA a call during the day, certainly can't hurt. TY Again armylifer

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
TY DD214lifer lol. I believe I'll indeed give WA a call during the day, certainly can't hurt. TY Again armylifer

Just off the fone with sales at the Yelm location. The young lady said she didn't believe R14s available for the BX line. I did try convincing her otherwise, lol. Turfs out of the question at this time. Only sets she would recommend & in stock are the R4s. all in with tax & shipping be roughly $1340.00 & not definite.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just off the fone with sales at the Yelm location. The young lady said she didn't believe R14s available for the BX line. I did try convincing her otherwise, lol. Turfs out of the question at this time. Only sets she would recommend & in stock are the R4s. all in with tax & shipping be roughly $1340.00 & not definite.
" young lady" ????
Knows the ins and outs,...... of Kubota tractor/wheels tires?
Maybe,......but I would not put much money on that!

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
" young lady" ????
Knows the ins and outs,...... of Kubota tractor/wheels tires?
Maybe,......but I would not put much money on that!
Well, as I stated, tried to convince her to the contraire, she wouldn't hear of it. Besides, wasn't about to hurt her feelings with further comments. I indeed asked for another member, perhaps more knowledgeable than both. She advised they're too busy to pick up the line.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, as I stated, tried to convince her to the contraire, she wouldn't hear of it. Besides, wasn't about to hurt her feelings with further comments. I indeed asked for another member, perhaps more knowledgeable than both. She advised they're too busy to pick up the line.
Suggest.....call another dealer...
They don't need your business!
Obviously, they are just too busy to bother with you.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Suggest.....call another dealer...
They don't need your business!
Obviously, they are just too busy to bother with you.
She wasn't rude, I just didn't feel at the time had all that much knowledge of tractors in general I don't claim to have all those answers myself, just enough to git myself in trouble. With the way things have been going tires/wheels wise, I'll be 6' under come winter, &, someone else will need worry about rubber so they can use the backhoe to dig a plot fur my carcass. lol

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I guess I’m a little confused about your thread here. Why are you looking at tire and wheel combinations instead of just looking at new tires? A good tire dealer, NOT a car tire dealer, but one that handles truck and off road equipment tires too, should be able to get you pricing on what you need for tires.

Reactions: 1 user

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I guess I’m a little confused about your thread here. Why are you looking at tire and wheel combinations instead of just looking at new tires? A good tire dealer, NOT a car tire dealer, but one that handles truck and off road equipment tires too, should be able to get you pricing on what you need for tires.
I actually contacted the closest big truck tire dealer; they pretty much told me at the time didn't want to deal with such piddly stuff. However, I indeed requested we go thru the books hoping to hit on something we both could come to terms on. Anyways, I'm looking at both rims / tire combos, would be much easier for me since I don't drive often. Having no family left to fall back on in regard to transportation is another hindrance. Obtaining just rubber now, I'd have to again get to someone willing / able to mount which around here isn't all that cheap, nor, easy for me to do. The truck tire dealer / installer could indeed get me the tires if willing to pay all outdoors (markup) as they put it. Same for mounting, by the time they were done sharing general prices just as expensive if not more dependent on what was chosen than prices I've already shared here.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I actually contacted the closest big truck tire dealer; they pretty much told me at the time didn't want to deal with such piddly stuff. However, I indeed requested we go thru the books hoping to hit on something we both could come to terms on. Anyways, I'm looking at both rims / tire combos, would be much easier for me since I don't drive often. Having no family left to fall back on in regard to transportation is another hindrance. Obtaining just rubber now, I'd have to again get to someone willing / able to mount which around here isn't all that cheap, nor, easy for me to do. The truck tire dealer / installer could indeed get me the tires if willing to pay all outdoors (markup) as they put it. Same for mounting, by the time they were done sharing general prices just as expensive if not more dependent on what was chosen than prices I've already shared here.
Have you tried ANOTHER Kubota dealer SALES DEPT. for prices on already mounted tires?

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
Have you tried ANOTHER Kubota dealer SALES DEPT. for prices on already mounted tires?
Yes, please see other comments, Several throughout the state, along with neighboring state. Also, acrossed to the other end of the country. All pretty much expensive, some close to one another price wise, others somewhat of a wide margin between pricings. I may just pay someone to plow this season, still on the fence as I'm growing rather bewildered / tired with the entire project. The one I had contacted about plowing, &, haven hired in an emergency when unable to get out there myself charges $120 per storm. My drive being roughly 3 school bus lengths, no obstacles, to contend with. Usually 1 trip up the drive, followed by 1 trip down the drive, then gone.

• Wow

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I sent you a private message with some information.

SMRY

Equipment
BX24
Sep 8, 2024
VT
I sent you a private message with some information.

Morning, TY BAP. I visited FB Marketplace this morn, TY. Have to say rather uneasy feeling there not having experience FB wise. Someone offered new on rims, all the diff styles of tread, pictures etc. Prices so low, got to be too good to be true. Example $80 shipped for a new 26x12.00-12 R4 mounted on rim. No other details to speak of other than "are they still available", location "ships to you". Looked to be lots of those type adds floating about the marketplace. Haven't given up hope just yet! Thank You Again.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
I see you're from Vermont. Did you try calling Ahern in MA? They have a location in NH I believe as well. Always have been good to me.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I see you're from Vermont. Did you try calling Ahern in MA? They have a location in NH I believe as well. Always have been good to me.
Chappell tractor in Milford, NH is also a very good Kubota dealer

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I don’t know what part of Vermont you live in , so I don’t know how far away from you these places are. Check with Bellows Falls Tire (vt area code- 8zero2-332zero). Also Pete’s Tire Barn, they have 6 locations in Vermont, plus in NH along the Connecticut River valley. They have a good website that you can find the phone numbers for it. They do a lot of mobile tractor tire repair and installation for farmers.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Don’t know if these fit your tractor, but here is some that are just north of Concord, NH