Kubota refuses to honor my 5 Year Emissions Warranty on my B3350

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
I was also just informed that the parts will be available for inspection. Again, thank you to everyone for your input. I'm learning so much from your posts.
My Dad was my hero and I just cannot let him down on this.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
To put this all in perspective can you post the delivery date on the tractor and the date it went in for this repair? This will determine if it was in fact under warranty.

Regardless I still maintain that no repair this expensive should EVER be performed without prior notification and authorization.

Reactions: 1 user

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
To put this all in perspective can you post the delivery date on the tractor and the date it went in for this repair? This will determine if it was in fact under warranty.

Regardless I still maintain that no repair this expensive should EVER be performed without prior notification and authorization.
It was still under the 5 Year Emissions warranty up until July 14th. Tractor was at M and R in beginning of June and currently still there.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Treads like this are why I stay with older equipment.
The B3350 has long been known as a Kubota to stay away from. I'm not aware of any other DPF models that have a reputation for being problematic. When the ECU tells me to do a regen I do it and don't even think about overriding the "suggestion". So far no issues in around 400 hours of DPF ownership.

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Sadly this posting show why it's necessary to have emails or texts and NOT phone conversations. The former are a 'paper trail' with names,dates, information and the latter 'magically poof gone'.
Sure hope Kubota steps up and fixes the tractor for free AND apologizes for the 'miscommunications'.
Bingo, and such advice was given.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The B3350 has long been known as a Kubota to stay away from. I'm not aware of any other DPF models that have a reputation for being problematic. When the ECU tells me to do a regen I do it and don't even think about overriding the "suggestion". So far no issues in around 400 hours of DPF ownership.
The reformer based 1.5 L engine as used in the B3350 was also used in TOL F series mowers and (I believe) TOL ZTRs as well as multiple industrial applications.

If my information is correct the OP did not inhibit any regeneration operations, though such is possible and I routinely did so with my B3350 (since sold), but only after I understood the firmware algorithm.

Reformer based B3350 DPF system completely different from all electronically injected systems, which are usually seamless.

Regarding problematic, stay tuned for DEF systems, which will almost certainly prove problematic for many (most?) owners. Utility tractor usage is much different than PU usage.