Kubota refuses to honor my 5 Year Emissions Warranty on my B3350

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Also as others have mentioned, you have the argument with attorney Generals office of dealership charges for work that was not authorized.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Agreed, and there is no way to know what dealer told Kubota.
That is correct, but all Kubota has to do is read the jpg file from Diagmaster and it will tattle what the ECU told it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The problem started with piddling around with the tractor and not loading the engine -- then ignoring the regen requests from the tractor

Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure

Yeah , that is a poorly implemented system , but it works if you stay on top of the regen needs -- and "work" the engine frequently to build the needed heat in the DPF
I have a large tier 4 doosan forklift at the shop. It does frequent short spurts unloading and loading trucks, then it's shut back down.

I know it's not run long enough to do a regen. So once every 3 months I trigger a parked regen on it, and let it flicker in the parking lot until it's completed. Usually takes about 35 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure
The dealer can not do a Parked ReGen with the DPF at Stage 5.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No, I meant using Dagmaster. The only way a Forced Manual ReGen can be performed is by using Diagmaster. When a DPF reaches Stage 5, it is not possible to perform a ReGen.
Yes, aware of that, but logic is inadvertently incorrect in previous statement.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
That is correct, but all Kubota has to do is read the jpg file from Diagmaster and it will tattle what the ECU told it.
Agreed, but if my information is correct, Kubota rep has not been involved. Don't believe that KCS has any data from dealer other than what dealer stated on phone.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a large tier 4 doosan forklift at the shop. It does frequent short spurts unloading and loading trucks, then it's shut back down.

I know it's not run long enough to do a regen. So once every 3 months I trigger a parked regen on it, and let it flicker in the parking lot until it's completed. Usually takes about 35 minutes.
Doubt that your forklift is reformer equipped as is the engine in the B3350.

Hydro

Equipment
ZD21
Sep 3, 2024
Southern Indiana
Always thought "reformer" was an odd word to use for that device -- basically a fan and fuel injector to build a fire in front of the DPF -- to make enough heat to burn the soot out .

The old DPF can be cleaned with reverse air -- maybe enough to salvage the unit and do a regen on the tractor . There are also companies that can burn the DPF clean again with it off the machine .

This may not help the current situation of the OP -- since it sounds like either work was done with sketchy permissions -- or parts were ordered , bypassing warranty and hoping to catch the warranty on the backside -- since that failed , the OP is on the hook for the bill so the dealer can CYA with Kubota warranty department.

Fuel saving was not the intent of a DPF in the first place -- only there to keep you from seeing black smoke -- and make people feel good . The increased amount of fuel needed to keep the DPF clean , offsets any benefit.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Always thought "reformer" was an odd word to use for that device -- basically a fan and fuel injector to build a fire in front of the DPF -- to make enough heat to burn the soot out .

The old DPF can be cleaned with reverse air -- maybe enough to salvage the unit and do a regen on the tractor . There are also companies that can burn the DPF clean again with it off the machine .

This may not help the current situation of the OP -- since it sounds like either work was done with sketchy permissions -- or parts were ordered , bypassing warranty and hoping to catch the warranty on the backside -- since that failed , the OP is on the hook for the bill so the dealer can CYA with Kubota warranty department.

Fuel saving was not the intent of a DPF in the first place -- only there to keep you from seeing black smoke -- and make people feel good . The increased amount of fuel needed to keep the DPF clean , offsets any benefit.
Agreed, but won't help here as dealer refuses to return old DPF to owner for unknown reason(s).

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
According to the EPA website, the mandated warranty is 5 years.
That is what I was told by Kubota. Not sure on the tractor in question but mine has a 6 year powertrain warranty so that lasts a year after the emission warranty expires.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Doubt that your forklift is reformer equipped as is the engine in the B3350.
No it's not. My point, was if your not using a tier 4 long enough or hard enough to complete a regen, then you need to remember to trigger a parked regen on occasion to prevent an issue.

The difference is either spending a couple bucks in diesel now, or $$$$ at the dealer later.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
That is not how it works. It has to be baked in a kiln at a high temperature, not like cleaning an air filter.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sadly this posting show why it's necessary to have emails or texts and NOT phone conversations. The former are a 'paper trail' with names,dates, information and the latter 'magically poof gone'.
Sure hope Kubota steps up and fixes the tractor for free AND apologizes for the 'miscommunications'.

Reactions: 1 users

td1837

Equipment
b2920
Sep 7, 2024
Colorado Springs
I’m reaching out to this community for guidance and support regarding an ongoing issue with Kubota and their refusal to honor the 5-year emissions warranty on our 2019 B3350 tractor.

Here's the background: My father, who was 75 at the time, purchased the tractor new at the end of 2019 from M&R Power Equipment in Butler, PA. The primary use for the tractor was to cut about 7 acres of fields. My dad was incredibly meticulous with maintaining the tractor. Unfortunately, in 2021, my father passed away suddenly due to COVID, leaving my sister and me to take care of his property and the tractor.

The tractor has only 104 hours on it. About a year ago, it started repeatedly going into regeneration (regen) mode. We contacted the dealer, and they advised us to keep running the tractor until the regen completed, which we did. However, this winter, when we tried to move the tractor, it kept shutting down. We eventually got it into M&R Power Equipment, but it sat there for months before we were told that the DPF filter needed to be replaced because it had reached level 5. This is when the real frustration began.

Both Nick, the head of the service center, and Sam, the general manager, confirmed the tractor was still under the 5-year emissions warranty. I even contacted Kubota Customer Care in July and spoke with Simon, who also reassured me that everything would be handled. However, after waiting for the DPF filter to arrive (which finally did on August 5th), I learned that both Nick and Sam had quit. The dealership then informed me that we were responsible for a $5,700 bill to replace the DPF filter, three sensors, and the labor costs.

Evan, a new contact at the dealership, informed me that Kubota would not cover any of these costs under the warranty. This was shocking, especially since the previous representatives and customer care had assured me we would shouldn't worry.. M&R Power Equipment has a poor reputation locally, which is evident in online reviews, but this level of service is unacceptable.

I’ve been researching this issue and have learned that the B3350 model has a history of problems with the DPF system and reformers. Unfortunately, my dad wasn’t aware of these issues, and now I’m stuck with a tractor that Kubota won’t support despite their promises.

We’ve contacted various people within Kubota's Customer Care department, but with no success. The original representative, Simon, has left the company, and despite our efforts to resolve the issue with Sergio and Sabrina, we’ve hit a dead end. They haven’t provided any reason for the DPF failure—no codes, no explanations.

Given that there’s supposed to be a lifetime warranty on this model and it was still under the 5 Year Emissions warranty, I’m at a loss for what to do next. Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue? Where do I go from here? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Heidi
Take em to court!

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Reactions: 1 user

JRHill

Equipment
Orange: B7100 Std and Woodmizer; Green/yellow JD Buck, Gator and 410j.
Apr 26, 2016
Wahkiacus, Washington