Kubota refuses to honor my 5 Year Emissions Warranty on my B3350

Hydro

Equipment
ZD21
Sep 3, 2024
Southern Indiana
Elimination of DPF/reformer system requires more than removal of parts. ECM must be "faked-out" to believe all is well or engine will be shut down. Foreign made delete devices are available, or at least once were, but I know of anyone with any first-hand experience with such.
That is a mechanical injection on that engine -- do not need the control module to run the engine

It will try to cut power to the fuel shut off solenoid , but that is also not a problem

When those first came thru the shop , the guys were like "better get one of these (if you want a small tractor) , before they put electronic controls on it "

Hydro

Equipment
ZD21
Sep 3, 2024
Southern Indiana
It's indeed very sad. I cannot believe that I am actually in the situation. My Dad was a good, hard working, honest man. HE bought Kubota because he believed in it's quality. This would have sent him over the edge. This tractor has 104 hours on it.
The problem started with piddling around with the tractor and not loading the engine -- then ignoring the regen requests from the tractor

Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure

Yeah , that is a poorly implemented system , but it works if you stay on top of the regen needs -- and "work" the engine frequently to build the needed heat in the DPF

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
That is a mechanical injection on that engine -- do not need the control module to run the engine

It will try to cut power to the fuel shut off solenoid , but that is also not a problem

When those first came thru the shop , the guys were like "better get one of these (if you want a small tractor) , before they put electronic controls on it "
Yes, it can be done due to mechanical injection but, as previously stated, it is not simply a matter or removing the reformer and DPF and bending up a new exhaust pipe.

Nor does removing the reformer/DPF system solve the immediate problem, which is the $5,700 bill which must be paid before the dealer will return the tractor to the OP.

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
The problem started with piddling around with the tractor and not loading the engine -- then ignoring the regen requests from the tractor

Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure

Yeah , that is a poorly implemented system , but it works if you stay on top of the regen needs -- and "work" the engine frequently to build the needed heat in the DPF
We never ignored anything. We fully completed every REGEN. His fields are 5 acres. It takes us 4-5 hour to cut. We don't drive it around a house and park it.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I have skimmed this thread, and one thing that sticks out to me is that the tech/dealer admitted to damaging the body/threads of the dpf/reformer. This machine can not be returned to the condition it was originally received. The dealer must take some ownership of this. The tech either used the wrong tools or was impatient, and did not apply any wax or penetrant to the dpf sensors. Dont emission components need to be returned unmolested for claim purposes? I would ask for serial numbers of the old, and new emission device. If you have old photos I would be sure to save them.

The other thing, is how would a new emissions unit be in the possession of the dealer without prior Kubota approval from the start? That is not how most manufacturers move on fixing warranty items. Especially on a part that is close to 3.8k.

We live in a digital world OP, you might have luck getting some info from the prior employees on Facebook messenger.

Another option may be your ktac if you owe on the machine.

Good luck, I hate to hear this happened to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I think the OP has sent the tractor in, the tractor has been repaired, the dealership is saying "not covered under warranty, you need to pay."
If there is any question about whether the warranty will cover a repair, the dealer needs to get a pre-approval from Kubota before performing the repair. If Kubota denies coverage, the customer should be contacted for approval BEFORE any work is done. This is per Kubota guidelines.

So here is a tractor that was repaired without the customer's approval and the dealer expects to collect for it.

• Love

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
"The problem started with piddling around with the tractor and not loading the engine -- then ignoring the regen requests from the tractor. The ReGen is automatic unless it requests a Parked ReGen.

Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure"
"Quote HAWD" When the system enters Stage 5, a Forced Manual Regen is not possible with Diagmaster.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
This engine has an electronic governor so it would be a little rough running it without the ECU.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The only response the dealer will give to me or Kubota Customer Care is that it didn't throw any codes. That it was only in PM5. P3008 PM5 is the only code
If it is showing P3008-PM5, it had to show P3007-PM4, P3006-PM3, and P3005-PM-2. It can not get to stage 5 with out going through 2,3, and 4 first.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it is showing P3008-PM5, it had to show P3007-PM4, P3006-PM3, and P3005-PM-2. It can not get to stage 5 with out going through 2,3, and 4 first.
Something just does not sound right with this!
I think the dealer messed up and expects the owner to pay for it.

Reactions: 1 user

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
They keep saying there were no codes..again..I do not trust this dealer. The Gm of the dealership called me and apologized and told me he would try everything he could, that he agreed with me and it should be covered. The next email was sorry they won’t do anything.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
"The problem started with piddling around with the tractor and not loading the engine -- then ignoring the regen requests from the tractor. The ReGen is automatic unless it requests a Parked ReGen.

Once the system gets to level 5 , the dealer has todo a parked regen , and reset the derate counter . Prior to level 5 , the customer can do the regen procedure"
"Quote HAWD" When the system enters Stage 5, a Forced Manual Regen is not possible with Diagmaster.
Agreed, but I believe you meant "without" Digimaster.
If there is any question about whether the warranty will cover a repair, the dealer needs to get a pre-approval from Kubota before performing the repair. If Kubota denies coverage, the customer should be contacted for approval BEFORE any work is done. This is per Kubota guidelines.

So here is a tractor that was repaired without the customer's approval and the dealer expects to collect for it.
100% agreement regarding dealer error(s) and expectations.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Agreed, and there is no way to know what dealer told Kubota.

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
I have skimmed through this thread and my first question is whether the unit is or was under warranty at the time this was submitted to Kubota. 2024 - 2019 = 5 years so it depends on the month the unit was put into service. In other words if the OPs father took delivery in February 2019 and the unit failed in March 2024 it would not be under the 5 year warranty.

You can register the tractor with Kubota online or using the My Kubota app on your phone. When you enter the serial number it will tell you the start and stop date on the tractor's warranty.

Stripped threads should fall under the dealership's responsibility assuming the tractor owner never tried removing those components.

Call Kubota at 888-458-2682 and ask for Annette. She will TRY to help you if the unit is still covered. Have your serial number in hand as it will be needed to determine the warranty.

I recently bought a used LX3310 and was told by Kubota and the dealer the warranty follows the tractor, not the owner.

Regardless no business should perform $5700 worth of repairs without prior approval by the owner and expect to be paid. I'm sure the local BBB and or State's Attorney's office would be willing to help but those processes take time.

Attorney's are usually hungry and you might find one willing to take the case on a contingency. The dealership would be foolish to not try to settle as soon as the intent to sue letter arrives.

Last edited:

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
I have skimmed through this thread and my first question is whether the unit is or was under warranty at the time this was submitted to Kubota. 2024 - 2019 = 5 years so it depends on the month the unit was put into service. In other words if the OPs father took delivery in February 2019 and the unit failed in March 2024 it would not be under the 5 year warranty.

You can register the tractor with Kubota online or using the My Kubota app on your phone. When you enter the serial number it will tell you the start and stop date on the tractor's warranty.

Stripped threads should fall under the dealership's responsibility assuming the tractor owner never tried removing those components.

Call Kubota at 888-458-2682 and ask for Annette. She will TRY to help you if the unit is still covered. Have your serial number in hand as it will be needed to determine the warranty.

I recently bought a used LX3310 and was told by Kubota and the dealer the warranty follows the tractor, not the owner.

Regardless no business should perform $5700 worth of repairs without prior approval by the owner and expect to be paid. I'm sure the local BBB and or State's Attorney's office would be willing to help but those processes take time.

Attorney's are usually hungry and you might find one willing to take the case on a contingency. The dealership would be foolish to not try to settle as soon as the intent to sue letter arrives.
Thank you! I will definitely reach out to her.

HAWD

Equipment
2019 B3350
Sep 4, 2024
I do have an update: I emailed the GM letting him know that I was not happy with that decision. He responded that he has a call/meeting with Kubota at 9 am on Sept. 11 regarding my issues. Obviously I want to be cautious with hoping anything will transpire, but I will not stop fighting to make this right. I appreciate everyone that has responded and gave me more insight and ammunition to keep going!

Last edited:

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Call maybe, meeting likely not, but you could always ask if you can be in on it. It is your tractor. Worst that can happen is the GM says no.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Major emmissions control components is 8yrs federal warranty guidelines. Applies to on and off road

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Agreed, but I believe you meant "without" Digimaster.
No, I meant using Dagmaster. The only way a Forced Manual ReGen can be performed is by using Diagmaster. When a DPF reaches Stage 5, it is not possible to perform a ReGen.