New Kubota or Kioti

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I am a fan of Japan made stuff. Not so much a fan of Kia which is Korean. I have owned 3 Kia automobiles, two of which were brand new models in the last 7 years, and all were complete and total JUNK. Spent 50K on a Kia SUV in 2023 to have nothing but problems with it until it was totaled two months ago. Never again...
How did you get to #2 and #3 if first one NG? Over time or out of the box NG?

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Guess I'm on defense after posting a picture of a different brand on a Kubota forum ;). Almost like politics at times.
I think the problems start when a non-Kubota owner tries to convince Kubota owners that their tractor of choice is superior in every way, and that anyone who chooses a Kubota is less informed, or prone to making poor decisions. We shouldn't look to others to confirm our own bias. If a Kioti is right for you then that's all that matters.

Hopefully you'll present facts rather than opinion. Spec sheets aren't necessarily fact, they're often marketing tools created by individuals intent on manipulation by presenting data in a way that makes their product look better. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is whether or not you can do what you want with what you have.

Sometimes I think it would have been good to buy an RX7320 rather than an M6060 so that I had first hand experience of Kioti ownership. I check Craigslist almost daily and there's a 2022 Kioti RX7320PCB for sale near me that only has 23 hours on it. It has a 3rd function and one rear remote, and the seller is asking $47k. Hard to believe that the seller will be ahead after the sale. It's a nice tractor for sure though.

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Because woman want what they want.... And she knows I am here to fix anything.
I guess you have been in the game long enough to know how it works. No need to get a ‘math’ lesson over a K car, that’s for sure.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That looks almost exactly like the Kioti. The old Fords came in "flat floor" or "straddle mount".

Dan
Here's the floor in my MX6000. The hump is about 2" high and low enough that I've never had a problem with it.

mx6000_cab_floor.jpg

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I think the problems start when a non-Kubota owner tries to convince Kubota owners that their tractor of choice is superior in every way, and that anyone who chooses a Kubota is less informed, or prone to making poor decisions. We shouldn't look to others to confirm our own bias. If a Kioti is right for you then that's all that matters.

Hopefully you'll present facts rather than opinion. Spec sheets aren't necessarily fact, they're often marketing tools created by individuals intent on manipulation by presenting data in a way that makes their product look better. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is whether or not you can do what you want with what you have.

Sometimes I think it would have been good to buy an RX7320 rather than an M6060 so that I had first hand experience of Kioti ownership. I check Craigslist almost daily and there's a 2022 Kioti RX7320PCB for sale near me that only has 23 hours on it. It has a 3rd function and one rear remote, and the seller is asking $47k. Hard to believe that the seller will be ahead after the sale. It's a nice tractor for sure though.
Not trying to convince anyone anything. All I know it a better fit for my needs and seems to be a good dealership. Ergonomics, included remotes, 11 gpm hydraulics, ease of entry and exit, along with a easy on my ankle 2 pedal drive sealed the deal. A big savings to buy attachments made my wife happy also. If it breaks I definitely will post it.
There are a ton of used tractors, every make for sale now. Many were bought during the pandemic but owners can't afford the payments from inflation anymore. I see most of them are just sitting and the prices dropping because of used finance rates. It's a good time to find a deal on both new and used.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not trying to convince anyone anything. All I know it a better fit for my needs and seems to be a good dealership. Ergonomics, included remotes, 11 gpm hydraulics, ease of entry and exit, along with a easy on my ankle 2 pedal drive sealed the deal. A big savings to buy attachments made my wife happy also. If it breaks I definitely will post it.
There are a ton of used tractors, every make for sale now. Many were bought during the pandemic but owners can't afford the payments from inflation anymore. I see most of them are just sitting and the prices dropping because of used finance rates. It's a good time to find a deal on both new and used.
I don't think you are, and there's no doubt that Kioti tractors appear to be a good value. Courtney at Good Works Tractor Co. raves about them all the time and sells them. At the end of the day, it's a good feeling to like, use and enjoy such a big investment as a tractor, regardless of make or model.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"It's a good time to find a deal on both new and used"
Unfortunately for some,.....that was totally predictable.

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
I did look hard at Kioti when shopping. And for affordability, I couldn’t have beat the deal they were willing to give me on a brand new NS4710 cab HST with loader , R14 tires , only like $41.7 k !!!
The Kubota GL 5460 I ended up buying was around $62,500 , with LA1055 loader , square back bucket, Track Loader 2 R4 tires, rear work lights, and a Land Pride 37 series rear blade. So pretty much around 7 more hp and $18k more.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I did look hard at Kioti when shopping. And for affordability, I couldn’t have beat the deal they were willing to give me on a brand new NS4710 cab HST with loader , R14 tires , only like $41.7 k !!!
The Kubota GL 5460 I ended up buying was around $62,500 , with LA1055 loader , square back bucket, Track Loader 2 R4 tires, rear work lights, and a Land Pride 37 series rear blade. So pretty much around 7 more hp and $18k more.
That’s a lot of money difference for a tractor that will do the same thing. The $60k question for me is it gonna hold up as well as Kubotas have? and how is the parts availability when I do have something that breaks or needs replacing? Resale is something else to consider. Are you gonna get reasonable money out of it when it comes time to sell/ trade?or is it gonna be a hard sell. Maybe I’ll just quit the orange tractors and spend 225k on a green one they never break down 😝

Reactions: 1 users

Texnhawk

Equipment
L4310 w/ Loader
Sep 16, 2014
Bastrop County, TX
I wasn't just kicking tires, but actually looking at all 3. Really struggling w this decision since I broke my Kubota L4310 (totally my fault cracking the block during freeze). Gave me a good reason to buy a cab w more horsepower. Looked at Kubota M7060, Deere 5075e premium cab, Kioti RX7320. Made myself look at all 3 but I really wanted Kubota. All 3 good dealers and about same distance to house. Really didn't want Kioti but looked at them since I liked the dealer (good service on attachments and straight shooter).

I'm used to the Kubota everything! Loader function, maintenance, etc. I have Kubota sidekick RTV -850, also have 2 Deere Side by sides 855d and 835, and Deere 950M zero turn mower. Used both dealers for maintenance and trust both.

However, priced out all 3 and am SHOCKED at price difference. Total Cost over 5 years over the Kioti (~$0)= Deere $11k more, Kubota $16k more. These are all priced with 2 rear remotes, 3rd function, cab and loader. Drove all 3 multiple times. Like the Kubota slightly better (maybe familiarity). Deere not the best of my liking but BEST cab. Kioti was in the middle. Turn radius on Kubota and Kioti similar, Deere not as much.

Positives of Kioti
-Great turn radius
-Most horsepower but splitting hairs
-Most lift capacity both front and rear
-Clutch button on gear shift. (my leg still hurts from driving my Semi's)
-I like the plastic hood over metal
-72 months 0% financing
-BEST WARRANTY of all 3. They are standing behind their product

Negatives on Kioti -
- Didn't want to buy one
- Slowest loader Raise time of all 3
-Concerned about Resale value (however not sure i'll sell it in next 5 years and MUCH cheaper)
-Loader constricts view in front, sets up higher than both Deere and Kubota
-12 speed but over 3 gears Low Medium High. I'm sure you get to know but seems like a bit much and mulitple shifting. Need to convey to wife and Boys driving

Deere 5075e Premium Cab positives
-Best cab, air ride seat, well laid out
-Buddy Seat
-Large tires same as Kioti
-Fast raise time of loader
-Best or top Resale
-Deere Cache, dealers, resale etc

Deere Negatives
-More than Kioti about $11k
-Ride was best with the Air ride seat but shifting, same problem as Kioti with H/ M /L too many gears
-Turn Radius worst of 3 ( noticeably)
-Lowest PTO of 60.3 (vs 63 and 64 of Kioti and Kubota)

Kubota Positives
-Great turn radius
-ONLY 4 cylinder motor of the 3. Not sure if that's value or not but I see it as a plus
-I'm familiar with Kubota and like the brand
- fastest Hydraulic lift
-12 speed but over 2 gears Low and High. I'm sure you get to know but seems like a bit much and mulitple shifting. Need to convey to wife and Boys driving
-Automatic 4 wheel braking on 12 speed transmission. This is key because you need it only a couple times in life and may save life!
-Great turn radius same as Kioti

Negatives of Kubota
-Highest Insurance which makes it most expensive
-Shortest 0% term
-No Cash buyout option (avg $4000 on both other options but I will finance)
-Drive train warranty longer than Deere but shorter than Kioti
-Most expensive to add 3rd function and 2nd remote

I know this is a long list and a little specific to my needs but I'm really struggling with this case study. Now leaning towards Kioti, which is the one i want to own the least but on paper and real life the one that wants my business the most!

Thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated and welcome!

JL

Little Timmy

Equipment
Kubota Grand L5460
Aug 21, 2024
Wyoming
There were a few things / strikes to me on a Kioti. One is the amount of power they are pushing out of such a small engine. 60hp for 111 C.I. Kubota is using a 148 C.I. for 60hp. So I was concerned about longevity of the engine . And I’ve always been a fan of more C.I.
The other thing was the dealer here is pretty new, pretty small operation, and although they have a small shop building, I saw no equipment / tools in the shop. I don’t know that they have an actual mechanic , or anyone there that knows anything much about tractors.

John Deere scared me off with the multiple issues / design shortcomings on their 4 series, that I read so much about and watched reviews on.

Massey Ferguson has a lot of nice features on their Iseki built tractors. But how many times have they changed their compact manufacturer???

Kubota is definitely dated in their design, fewest standard features, and extremely expensive. But overall seemed to have the most minor complaints and really good reliability from the research I did. Not sure what people think the gigantic advantage is in a twin pedal HST . I’ve got an old time Waldon forklift with a treadle , and never have had an issue with it.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's a good looking machine. I'm sure you'll be very happy. The asian manufacturers to my mind go through a period where their quality has caught up to the competition, but the market hasn't realised it yet. And they're very good buying in that time period.

I think Kioti are big enough now that they have pretty good parts support. I think their quality has come mostly up to scratch. I still think they haven't been in the game quite as long, and so Kubota have just been refining their machines for longer. But there's only so much extra money I'd pay for that benefit, and you're talking about a really big price difference.

I for one have no problem with Kioti photos on here. Still a nice looking Orange tractor. You probably won't get a lot of Kioti specific advice, but if you're just looking for affirmation that it's a good looking machine, and that any guy with a new tractor is likely to be pretty damn happy, I'm more than willing to give that.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I wasn't just kicking tires, but actually looking at all 3. Really struggling w this decision since I broke my Kubota L4310 (totally my fault cracking the block during freeze). Gave me a good reason to buy a cab w more horsepower. Looked at Kubota M7060, Deere 5075e premium cab, Kioti RX7320. Made myself look at all 3 but I really wanted Kubota. All 3 good dealers and about same distance to house. Really didn't want Kioti but looked at them since I liked the dealer (good service on attachments and straight shooter).

I'm used to the Kubota everything! Loader function, maintenance, etc. I have Kubota sidekick RTV -850, also have 2 Deere Side by sides 855d and 835, and Deere 950M zero turn mower. Used both dealers for maintenance and trust both.

However, priced out all 3 and am SHOCKED at price difference. Total Cost over 5 years over the Kioti (~$0)= Deere $11k more, Kubota $16k more. These are all priced with 2 rear remotes, 3rd function, cab and loader. Drove all 3 multiple times. Like the Kubota slightly better (maybe familiarity). Deere not the best of my liking but BEST cab. Kioti was in the middle. Turn radius on Kubota and Kioti similar, Deere not as much.

Positives of Kioti
-Great turn radius
-72 months 0% financing

Negatives on Kioti -
- Didn't want to buy one
-Concerned about Resale value (however not sure i'll sell it in next 5 years and MUCH cheaper)
-12 speed but over 3 gears Low Medium High. I'm sure you get to know but seems like a bit much and mulitple shifting. Need to convey to wife and Boys driving

-Buddy Seat
-Best or top Resale

Deere Negatives
-Ride was best with the Air ride seat but shifting, same problem as Kioti with H/ M /L too many gears

Kubota Positives
-Great turn radius
-ONLY 4 cylinder motor of the 3. Not sure if that's value or not but I see it as a plus
- fastest Hydraulic lift
-12 speed but over 2 gears Low and High. I'm sure you get to know but seems like a bit much and mulitple shifting. Need to convey to wife and Boys driving
-Automatic 4 wheel braking on 12 speed transmission. This is key because you need it only a couple times in life and may save life!

Negatives of Kubota
-Shortest 0% term

I know this is a long list and a little specific to my needs but I'm really struggling with this case study. Now leaning towards Kioti, which is the one i want to own the least but on paper and real life the one that wants my business the most!

JL
The RX7340 that is shipping now is supposed to be a little nicer with some minor improvements over the 7320. I started wanting a Kubota also but everything being extra made me start looking at other brands. Mine was an easy decision because it's a simple tractor with mechanical injection and no real computer. The reliability of electronics on larger machines would be my biggest concern. Try talking to the Kioti dealer mechanic for his feedback. The best part of Kubota is Orangetractortalks.com has actual Kubota mechanics that can offer feedback.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Positives of Kioti
-Great turn radius
-72 months 0% financing

Negatives on Kioti -
- Didn't want to buy one

-Buddy Seat
-Best or top Resale

Deere Negatives

Kubota Positives
-Great turn radius
- fastest Hydraulic lift

Negatives of Kubota
-Shortest 0% term

JL
Probably not very helpful,......but......trust your gut!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Kubota Positives
-Great turn radius

JL
That's a nice problem to have!

The Kioti RX7320 has a four cylinder engine. It's smaller than the Kubota though at 2.4L compared to 3.3L for the Kubota M6060/M7060. Actually, the displacement of the RX7320 engine is the same as my MX6000 which also has a four cylinder 2.4L engine. You have to wonder at the implications of a 2.4L engine producing 73hp vs. a 3.3L engine doing the same given the weights of the M6060/7060 and RX7320 models.

I'm not a fan of a plastic hood over a metal one and consider that to be a detriment rather than a positive, but if it works for you then that's what matters.

If I were in your shoes I'd most likely chose the Kioti RX7320 if the $16k difference between it and the M7060 is real-world, and assuming similar transmissions. How likely is it that you'll need to spend $16k on the Kioti and nothing on the Kubota over the first five years? They will perform similarly and no doubt you'd enjoy either, but the difference in cost and features is hard to ignore.

That said, I wonder if an M sized tractor with an MX sized engine, a plastic hood and the unknown variable of Kioti reliability would keep me awake at night. I have around 1,000 hours of trouble-free and reliable Kubota ownership experience across four tractors (not a lot I know) but it's enough to make me think long and hard about trying something else.

specs.jpg

Last edited: