New Kubota or Kioti

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Anyway, I know that isn't relevant to the OP...so, my apologies for the derail. My post above about the fancy loader control knob is legit. I like it much better than the Kubota knob.

Carry on...
I was judt looking at them and I do too. It was one of the things that jumped out to me.

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
LMAO. A large percentage of the people here put 40 to 50 hours on their tractor.

This conversation intriqed me and since I had to tske a tire in for service I decided to visit one of the local Kioti dealers thats 15 minutes down the road.

I was faborably impressed on three fronts. The showroom was neat, clean, and packed with bright shiney power equipment from Stihl, Ariens, Gravely, Cub Cadet, and a few others. Indistinguishable from the big name dealers in the area.

The service department was not as flashy or spotless as the high dollar dealers but they werecworking on a number of different machines lsrge and small including on Kioti compact. The owner and head mechanic was friendly and helpful.

The lot had an assortment of Kioti tractors which were a little dirtier than the big names (we had a hige storm last night) but if you had put Kubota badging on them I would have believed it. Fit snd finsh comparable to Kubotas.

A few things caught my eye:
  1. The operators platform on all models is flatter
  2. The fuel tank is down low and much more accessible
  3. All models had floor or console mounted loader joysticks with prewired third function buttons.
Here are a few pics I snapped while I was kicking the tires.

Dan

View attachment 136265

View attachment 136264

View attachment 136266

View attachment 136267
That was what I was looking at when buying my lx

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
LMAO. A large percentage of the people here put 40 to 50 hours on their tractor.

This conversation intriqed me and since I had to tske a tire in for service I decided to visit one of the local Kioti dealers thats 15 minutes down the road.

I was faborably impressed on three fronts. The showroom was neat, clean, and packed with bright shiney power equipment from Stihl, Ariens, Gravely, Cub Cadet, and a few others. Indistinguishable from the big name dealers in the area.

The service department was not as flashy or spotless as the high dollar dealers but they werecworking on a number of different machines lsrge and small including on Kioti compact. The owner and head mechanic was friendly and helpful.

The lot had an assortment of Kioti tractors which were a little dirtier than the big names (we had a hige storm last night) but if you had put Kubota badging on them I would have believed it. Fit snd finsh comparable to Kubotas.

A few things caught my eye:
  1. The operators platform on all models is flatter
  2. The fuel tank is down low and much more accessible
  3. All models had floor or console mounted loader joysticks with prewired third function buttons.
Here are a few pics I snapped while I was kicking the tires.

Dan

View attachment 136265

View attachment 136264

View attachment 136266

View attachment 136267
They have come along way. I know about 8 years ago we looked and compared them to Kubota there was no comparison basically same price and a very basic tractor was a no brainer for me, skip ahead to now little different. Would kioti dk series compare to the grand L then? Sorry I thought your pic was of the kioti ck series

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
They have come along way. I know about 8 years ago we looked and compared them to Kubota there was no comparison basically same price and a very basic tractor was a no brainer for me, skip ahead to now little different. Would kioti dk series compare to the grand L then? Sorry I thought your pic was of the kioti ck series
I took some pics of the CK but did not post them.

Based on a cursory look the DK it is phsically a standard/grand L class machine. Its better featured than a standard L at a little lower price. I dont think it has any thing equivalent to the computerized powertrain management (HST Plus) that you get with a Grand L.

I have been a Kubota fan for decades but if I had a do over on my L3901 I am not sure which I would choose. The L3901 is a fine tractor but I have been very disappointed at the way Kubota bare boned the current Standard L lineup.

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I took some pics of the CK but did not post them.

Based on a cursory look the DK it is phsically a standard/grand L class machine. Its better featured than a standard L at a little lower price. I dont think it has any thing equivalent to the computerized powertrain management (HST Plus) that you get with a Grand L.

I have been a Kubota fan for decades but if I had a do over on my L3901 I am not sure which I would choose. The L3901 is a fine tractor but I have been very disappointed at the way Kubota bare boned the current Standard L lineup.

Dan
I understand where you’re coming from hence this post. My dad has had kubotas since 1999 and this hx1115 kioti impressed him that’s for sure

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
All I know is the price differences mentioned that started this thread are huge. Frankly speaking that is good for us. Competition is healthy. Keeps everybody honest. If Kioti is priced that much less, it will get attention of other companies and it will cause a reaction one way or another. Are they trying to steal market share on price or have a better product? TBD. Either they gain some share and challenge other companies do better, or they gain share and have product issues and seal their fate. For consumer this is great IMO. I hope they do challenge K and keep them honest. Companies get sloppy without competition.