Case Drain – KX41-2V

xenophon.nl

Feb 22, 2022
Netherlands
If there are not 3 hoses on the hydraulic motor, you can run it by plugging the 2 hoses from the mower to the Aux couplers of your machine. Ensure you are spinning the mower in the correct direction and watch your hydraulic temperature light.
Thank you, i need to see if the rental company also agrees with this.

I included a page from the WSM (I only have the mechanical chapter), it has a diagram showing the service port is last in line, so basically after the service port it returns straight to tank. I don't know if that changes anything or maybe it is always like that.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am starting to think my model does not have the valve. So what can I do to connect the mower? Just use the double acting valve? Or connect one aux port to a return line? But where and how can I ‘T’ into a return line?
Itss become ckear you do not need a case return. But apparrently there is some issue related to the return line. What exactly does the mower documentation say about the return line? Finding a direct return if thats required should not be hard.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you, i need to see if the rental company also agrees with this.

I included a page from the WSM (I only have the mechanical chapter), it has a diagram showing the service port is last in line, so basically after the service port it returns straight to tank. I don't know if that changes anything or maybe it is always like that.
Thats about as clear as mud.

The oil cooler inlet pipe would be a candidate for a direct return (tee). How is the oil cooler connected to the valve? That picture in the manual is not very good.

The diagram appears to show a pressure relief valve between the tank outlet port on the control valve and the inlet on the oil cooler. I think you would want the tee upstream of that relief.

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The included diagram and also the diagram from the first post show how the piping goes to the oil cooler. These are all connected with hose clamps, so the return from the mower needs to be really low pressure then.
Hose clamps are already holding the service port return pressure and will be more than adequate.

One motivation for a direct return is its less back pressure than returning through the spool in the valve. That said what is the ID of the oil cooler hose?

Dan

xenophon.nl

Feb 22, 2022
Netherlands
I got everything ordered and installed the valve! I had to make a bracket and shorten the handle, but I can now access it from the right cover like it apparently is on some models. Now hope it works!

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Wow, just HOW did you get hands ,let alone tools , into that area ??!!!!
Hopefully you can test for 1/2 hour ,to check for leaks, BEFORE replacing all the cover plates