Bx 2350 coolant and motor

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
I have a Kabota BX 2350 with a D902 – E2 motor that has been on its side. all liquids and fluids have been dropped out of it and replaced ran fine for a year then lightly started to smoke. Replaced injectors still smoked tore down engine replaced head gasket put back together made it even worse. Then it really started smoking so upon teardown, I noticed that the intake manifold and the muffler were full of coolant, what direction should I go now? New head or new block ? New parts include new injectors, new injector pump, new head gasket, new fuel and oil filters new air filters, new belt, new manifold gasket new thermostat and new thermostat gasket.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's very very, rarely a block issue, it's all most always the head or head gasket!

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
It's very very, rarely a block issue, it's all most always the head or head gasket!
Thank you for your response.
I just tore it down again I noticed on the prank new gasket that the copper gasket sealer I used some very small ports may have been blocked also around the piston the gasket had damaged I will attach photos.

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thank you for your response.
I just tore it down again I noticed on the prank new gasket that the copper gasket sealer I used some very small ports may have been blocked also around the piston the gasket had damaged I will attach photos.
Did you use a genuine Kubotahead gasket?
If yes, DO NOT PUT any sealer or coating on it under any circumstances!!!! They are made to install dry only.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
No that was not it that I used . I did just order another head gasket though. I inspected the head and see no cracks.
The only way to know if the head has any cracks is to have it magnafluxed. The local machine shop will check a head for $25 and it takes less than 5 minutes. The sprinkle a magnetic powder onto the head and then apply an electrical current to the head and at the crack the powder will stand up. It has been a while since I had a head checked, but did have a few intake manifolds checked for cracks before I found a good one. Having it checked will give you peace of mind knowing that you will not have to do the job over again. When I install heads, I follow the torque bolt pattern and start off with low torque and work my way toward the final torque in 20# increments. Some people tend to do it too fast which sometimes can bite you in the rear.

Reactions: 1 user

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
The only way to know if the head has any cracks is to have it magnafluxed. The local machine shop will check a head for $25 and it takes less than 5 minutes. The sprinkle a magnetic powder onto the head and then apply an electrical current to the head and at the crack the powder will stand up. It has been a while since I had a head checked, but did have a few intake manifolds checked for cracks before I found a good one. Having it checked will give you peace of mind knowing that you will not have to do the job over again. When I install heads, I follow the torque bolt pattern and start off with low torque and work my way toward the final torque in 20# increments. Some people tend to do it too fast which sometimes can bite you in the rear.
Thank you very much I appreciate the advice.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You might want to replace the head bolts with new ones since you are having repeat issues.

They may have been stretched and are not really applying the proper force into the head.

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
You might want to replace the head bolts with new ones since you are having repeat issues.

They may have been stretched and are not really applying the proper force into the head.
So the head was good got a new gasket and wend to install with old head bolts torque down to 47-fp then to 50 then the head bolts started snapping got two deep decided to take all head bolts out and start new lesson learned. Might have been my problem this whole time.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So the head was good got a new gasket and wend to install with old head bolts torque down to 47-fp then to 50 then the head bolts started snapping got two deep decided to take all head bolts out and start new lesson learned. Might have been my problem this whole time.
There is no reason not to reuse the head bolts unless someone tries to overtorque them.
The WSM lists head bolt torque as 27.5 ft-lbs to 31.1 ft-lbs.

Attachments