Bx 2350 coolant and motor

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
I have a Kabota BX 2350 with a D902 – E2 motor that has been on its side. all liquids and fluids have been dropped out of it and replaced ran fine for a year then lightly started to smoke. Replaced injectors still smoked tore down engine replaced head gasket put back together made it even worse. Then it really started smoking so upon teardown, I noticed that the intake manifold and the muffler were full of coolant, what direction should I go now? New head or new block ? New parts include new injectors, new injector pump, new head gasket, new fuel and oil filters new air filters, new belt, new manifold gasket new thermostat and new thermostat gasket.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's very very, rarely a block issue, it's all most always the head or head gasket!

hondaracer304joey

Equipment
Bx2350
Aug 23, 2024
Colorado
It's very very, rarely a block issue, it's all most always the head or head gasket!
Thank you for your response.
I just tore it down again I noticed on the prank new gasket that the copper gasket sealer I used some very small ports may have been blocked also around the piston the gasket had damaged I will attach photos.

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thank you for your response.
I just tore it down again I noticed on the prank new gasket that the copper gasket sealer I used some very small ports may have been blocked also around the piston the gasket had damaged I will attach photos.
Did you use a genuine Kubotahead gasket?
If yes, DO NOT PUT any sealer or coating on it under any circumstances!!!! They are made to install dry only.

Reactions: 1 user