New Kubota or Kioti

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
If you want info on a Kioti I'd suggest going to a forum for that machine, either TBN or FB. You should be able to find someone who knows specifically about the tractor you want.
Thank you for the reply. I’m gonna do that as well as watch YouTube videos as time goes on and more and more models are out

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I bougjt a new Kubota L3901 in 2021 and that decision was purely brand loyalty based on a couple decades of Kubota ownership. Its a very nice tractor but I am sorely dissapointed in tje lack of features. Seems Kubota has decided that they can extract a hefty premium for features like remote valves, cabs, instrumentation, electrical comforts, etc. If I were given a do-over I would definitly do some comparison shopping with folks like Kioti, CNH, MF, Mahindra, TYM, etc. JD is off my list because they are absurdly expensive.

I believe all of those folks produce quality products that are close if not equal in quality and reliability to new Kubota machines.

Resale/trade in value for cars, trucks, and tractors means nothing to me. I buy and use them until they are coyote ugly and there is no life left in them.

YMMV,

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Agreed. The branch manager said kioti really wants to get their products know he told me to take the kioti for a couple days to see how I liked it. 👍
That would be a great way to get a data point on the dealer and the brand.👍

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I would suggest you make the same post on a Kioti forum as others have said.
I bought Kubota based on dealer being 6 mins away from my house, if they were a Kioti dealer I'd own a Kioti..
That is so important. In my area there’s only one local Kioti dealer and no others within several hundred miles. That dealer doesn’t have the best shop or parts warehouse, so the brand is a non starter for me. Kubota always has full service shops and good parts availability and multiple dealers within the same radius.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I bougjt a new Kubota L3901 in 2021 and that decision was purely brand loyalty based on a couple decades of Kubota ownership. Its a very nice tractor but I am sorely dissapointed in tje lack of features. Seems Kubota has decided that they can extract a hefty premium for features like remote valves, cabs, instrumentation, electrical comforts, etc. If I were given a do-over I would definitly do some comparison shopping with folks like Kioti, CNH, MF, Mahindra, TYM, etc. JD is off my list because they are absurdly expensive.

I believe all of those folks produce quality products that are close if not equal in quality and reliability to new Kubota machines.

Resale/trade in value for cars, trucks, and tractors means nothing to me. I buy and use them until they are coyote ugly and there is no life left in them.

YMMV,

Dan
Thank you Dan I agree. I think it’s like anything else competition between brands is the best thing for consumers. I just know on paper and visually looking at it the build quality and features for the price is hands down best bang for your buck. The guy said besides Kubota kioti is the only other utility tractor brand that makes the whole tractor now

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
That is so important. In my area there’s only one local Kioti dealer and no others within several hundred miles. That dealer doesn’t have the best shop or parts warehouse, so the brand is a non starter for me. Kubota always has full service shops and good parts availability and multiple dealers within the same radius.
That is a big deal for sure unfortunately where I live I’m 1hr away from Kubota, Kioti anyways. We have a Deere and new holland but I can’t afford green and I have seen first hand from neighbours how terrible service and buying experience is at new holland

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Thank you Dan I agree. I think it’s like anything else competition between brands is the best thing for consumers. I just know on paper and visually looking at it the build quality and features for the price is hands down best bang for your buck. The guy said besides Kubota kioti is the only other utility tractor brand that makes the whole tractor now
I guess even Deere went to a Italian transmission manufacture for their utility class tractors

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The M8 tractors are made in Canada right? Kubota partners with a company whose name escapes me at the moment.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I agree with this. I would say that the Kioti RX7320 that I drove back in July of 2021 (privately owned) didn't have the refinement of the M7060/6060 but it definitely had more features for less money. Here's the quote I received for a new RX7320 in July of 2021.

The salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful, but the lack of a proper service facility or even a showroom gave me doubts.

Less than a year later I bought the M6060 for $52k with "only" two rear remotes, no 3rd function, no rear wiper, no ballast in the tires, less hp, no creep range, F8/R8 vs. F18/R18, no push button clutch and probably some other features I'm forgetting. Admittedly, I don't know if the Kioti quote was pre-pandemic craziness, but I do remember that the price of the M6060 was after one price hike by Kubota.

kioti_rx7320.jpg

kioti_rx7320_quote.jpg

Last edited:

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I agree with this. I would say that the Kioti RX7320 that I drove back in July of 2021 (privately owned) didn't have the refinement of the M7060/6060 but it definitely had more features for less money. Here's the quote I received for a new RX7320 in July of 2021.

The salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful, but the lack of a proper service facility or even a showroom gave me doubts.

Less than a year later I bought the M6060 for $52k with "only" two rear remotes, no 3rd function, no rear wiper, no ballast in the tires, less hp, no creep range, F8/R8 vs. F18/R18, no push button clutch and probably some other features I'm forgetting. Admittedly, I don't know if the Kioti quote was pre-pandemic craziness, but I do remember that the price of the M6060 was after one price hike by Kubota.

View attachment 136218

View attachment 136217

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013

View attachment 136218

View attachment 136217
Ya. Pricing is just not in our favor with our dollar but nothing we can do about it. For example my lx3520 cabbed model with r14 tires, third function, radio and one rear remote with Kubota ktac warranty was 65,000 when I look at that and then I look at the 115hp kioti. Makes one think that’s all

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ya. Pricing is just not in our favor with our dollar but nothing we can do about it. For example my lx3520 cabbed model with r14 tires, third function, radio and one rear remote with Kubota ktac warranty was 65,000 when I look at that and then I look at the 115hp kioti. Makes one think that’s all
I just looked at the Kioti HX1115 build sheet compared to a similar M6-111 and the cost difference is huge as you stated with the Kubota being around 45% more expensive than the Kioti. For a non-commercial application I would be ok with up to a 20% premium for a Kubota compared to other brands, similarly equipped of course.

In short, I'd most likely choose the Kioti over the Kubota in your situation, or look at other brands as suggested by others.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I just looked at the Kioti HX1115 build sheet compared to a similar M6-111 and the cost difference is huge as you stated with the Kubota being around 45% more expensive than the Kioti. For a non-commercial application I would be ok with up to a 20% premium for a Kubota compared to other brands, similarly equipped of course.

In short, I'd most likely choose the Kioti over the Kubota in your situation, or look at other brands as suggested by others.
I appreciate the feed back ya it is quite the difference kinda the same boat with other manufacturers as well. Case, Massey all about 40k more for same or less equipped tractor. I’ll keep an eye out for some reviews and watch kioti forums when I’m ready to buy it will be interesting. That’s kinda why I posted this questions to see what everybody thought about the price difference,if I was crazy to switch brands?

Old Machinist

Equipment
LX3310 cab
May 27, 2024
NE FL
Thank

Thank you for the reply. I was tire kicking for sure and just killing time as I took my dad for his appointment. I’m really in no hurry to trade or I might just keep what I have. I have compared all similar models. I pull 5500lb 15ft bat wings all day through the most terrible terrain you could think of haha. I need a big heavy wide tractor to keep planted.
10000lb plus Tractor is what is safe and efficient. The kioti beats out on paper basically all the specs compared to kubota except pto hp. I’m gonna look at other brands as well just very surprised with price for what you get on kioti
Have you considered a dedicated commercial mower like a Toro Groundsmaster® 5910?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but one factor is....."is 60,000 dollars a lot of money to you?'....It is to me.

But I mean it like this.........

Kubota is at the top of the market in terms of being a "high end" name brand similar to Mercedes, BMW,...etc

I never even looked at Kioti or TYM, Mahindra.....etc. when I was pricing tractors.

Why?

I looked at JD and Kubota because I could comfortably afford them, and the difference between my 2501 and a comparable Kioti is negligible........and by negligible, I mean negligible to me personally. But that might not be the case for the next guy.

I have a friend that has a 40 foot Boston Whaler, with triple Yamaha's, and will drop 5K on "hookers and blow" and doesn't bat an eye........But he is the sucker cause, I have a "plasma cutter' :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Just a perspective......

Last edited:

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Have you considered a dedicated commercial mower like a Toro Groundsmaster® 5910?
I appreciate the reply but the areas I cut are meant for a tractor and big mowers
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but one factor is....."is 60,000 dollars a lot of money to you?'....It is to me.

But I mean it like this.........

Kubota is at the top of the market in terms of being a "high end" name brand similar to Mercedes, BMW,...etc

I never even looked at Kioti or TYM, Mahindra.....etc. when I was pricing tractors.

Why?

I looked at JD and Kubota because I could comfortably afford them, and the difference between my 2501 and a comparable Kioti is negligible........and by negligible, I mean negligible to me personally. But that might not be the case for the next guy.

Just a perspective......
thank you I understand. That’s totally a deciding factor I may only put 400-500 hrs on this tractor a year. I split the work between two tractors and mowers one may be 50 miles away at a different location. If I used it everyday a could charge out the difference would be no issue

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
here's my favorite set up...

Kioti knob 1.JPG

That would be a Kioti loader control knob on a Kubota tractor. That combination simply can't be beat. ;)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I appreciate the reply but the areas I cut are meant for a tractor and big mowers

thank you I understand. That’s totally a deciding factor I may only put 400-500 hrs on this tractor a year. I split the work between two tractors and mowers one may be 50 miles away at a different location. If I used it everyday a could charge out the difference would be no issue
LMAO. A large percentage of the people here put 40 to 50 hours on their tractor.

This conversation intriqed me and since I had to tske a tire in for service I decided to visit one of the local Kioti dealers thats 15 minutes down the road.

I was faborably impressed on three fronts. The showroom was neat, clean, and packed with bright shiney power equipment from Stihl, Ariens, Gravely, Cub Cadet, and a few others. Indistinguishable from the big name dealers in the area.

The service department was not as flashy or spotless as the high dollar dealers but they werecworking on a number of different machines lsrge and small including on Kioti compact. The owner and head mechanic was friendly and helpful.

The lot had an assortment of Kioti tractors which were a little dirtier than the big names (we had a hige storm last night) but if you had put Kubota badging on them I would have believed it. Fit snd finsh comparable to Kubotas.

A few things caught my eye:
  1. The operators platform on all models is flatter
  2. The fuel tank is down low and much more accessible
  3. All models had floor or console mounted loader joysticks with prewired third function buttons.
Here are a few pics I snapped while I was kicking the tires.

Dan

1000003489.jpg

1000003495.jpg

1000003498.jpg

1000003487.jpg

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I looked at them years ago when we had a nearby dealer (they're gone now). The show stopper for me was the backhoe mount. It was mounted to a very long set of frame rails that slid into frame pockets on the tractor. So, when the hoe was not on the tractor, it took up a large section of floor space. It looked cumbersome to get it mounted on the tractor. I'm not sure if they still use that set up...I hope not.

Anyway, I know that isn't relevant to the OP...so, my apologies for the derail. My post above about the fancy loader control knob is legit. I like it much better than the Kubota knob.

Carry on...