What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yeah man. Probably going to do the original driveway in millings also. Right now it's half n half. The wife isn't too keen on the non uniform color šŸ™„ Another thought is to tar n chip it. That will unify the color, but have a legitimate solid surface in front of the house/ main garage. We have so much road work towards the city that RAP is a very economical way to go. And it's usually got so much binder in it that it self hardens for the most part.
Guess I should call the county to see if I can just do it, or if I need some silly permit.
"or if I need some silly permit"
It is most always best to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
"or if I need some silly permit"
It is most always best to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission!
I tend not to ask questions that I don't want to know the answer to.
Like when we moved. I didn't ask if we need a county dog license. šŸ˜‚

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yeah man. Probably going to do the original driveway in millings also. Right now it's half n half. The wife isn't too keen on the non uniform color šŸ™„ Another thought is to tar n chip it. That will unify the color, but have a legitimate solid surface in front of the house/ main garage. We have so much road work towards the city that RAP is a very economical way to go. And it's usually got so much binder in it that it self hardens for the most part.
Guess I should call the county to see if I can just do it, or if I need some silly permit.
If youā€™re on the ROW, better get permission because forgiveness is not an option with most governments. Youā€™ll be connecting a driveway to a county road, so most likely some zoning rules will apply. If theyā€™re friendly enough, though, they might say go for it. Normally, a county ROW is 30 feet from the center any 2-lane road, and 20 for single track, but your mileage may vary. The easiest and smartest thing to do is just ask ā€˜em. That way you donā€™t have to worry about fines later, Iā€™d make sure I got the permit in writing.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Today We got to pull up the 4th 10' section of my soon to be 60' tower. My son was on the Kubota letting it do all the hard pulling :) It's great that it can really creep slowly, allows time to see a problem developing.

After it was up I attached the guy wires (actually non metallic) to the bracket at the top. I had temporary guys on at the 30' level. Will feel much better when these are attached to the I beam anchors and tensioned properly. Then the next two sections will be really easy.

I find it amazing, now that I am retired, that its hard to fine time to put into this project :(

4th section 1.jpeg

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Moved broken trees to the pile from the storm that nail us a couple days ago. The forks paid for itā€™s self today. Saved my back. Wish someone made a mini grapple for the BX line of tractors.

JimL126

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA626, LP BB1260, LP RTA1258
Jul 22, 2024
Forney TX
Picked up a gently used LP RTA1258 tiller last weekend. Installed Patā€™s Quick Hitch today, lubed the tiller and topped up its fluids. Tilled our 65ā€™ x 65ā€™ soon to be garden. Broke it up first with tines on my box blade both directions, then tilled both directions. It black clay so somewhat like tilling a paved street right now. Next step will be 40 or 50 yds of good compost.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
If youā€™re on the ROW, better get permission because forgiveness is not an option with most governments. Youā€™ll be connecting a driveway to a county road, so most likely some zoning rules will apply. If theyā€™re friendly enough, though, they might say go for it. Normally, a county ROW is 30 feet from the center any 2-lane road, and 20 for single track, but your mileage may vary. The easiest and smartest thing to do is just ask ā€˜em. That way you donā€™t have to worry about fines later, Iā€™d make sure I got the permit in writing.
While it is a state road (90% are here), all I'm doing is gaining access to the back 40. There is nothing there but woods. Not connecting a driveway. We live on the other side. I just want to be able to get the tractor (maybe truck) in there to maintain trails. Even remove dead trees that are at risk of falling onto the state road.
Edit- just figured out a solution. I'll buy a used pipe and cover it with old crusher run from the driveway. Then act like it's always been there šŸ˜

Last edited:

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Hauled the flail mower to the mow zone and unloaded it, almost rolling the tractor in the process. Fortunately I was slowly creeping along and was able to lower the FEL in time. Put the chipper on the back for ballast and plucked the mower off the trailer.

1000007573.jpg

1000007574.jpg