Buying neighbors 2017 B2650

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just because the dealer doesn’t have any records of service doesn’t mean it hasn’t been serviced. My dealer would have no records of service on my tractor because I do it all myself. Many tractor owners do their own.
I agree with BAP - - many of us do our own service. The little Kubotas are pretty simple.

Check the motor oil and hydraulic filters -- are they painted a dark grey like the frame? If so, they are probably the same ones from the factory.

If not grey, are they Kubota brand (my preference)? Do they have a date and/or hours on them?

I think service interval would recommend hydraulic filter change only at 50 hours, and filter and fluid at either 200 or 400 hours.

Motor oil and filter changes would likely be recommended at least a couple/few times in 335 hours/7 years.

Next, check the dipsticks - - are they full and how does the oil and fluid look? Diesels will darken motor oil in a couple/few hours. My SUDT2 hydraulic fluid is still clean and clear at almost 200 hours.

Use a clean white rag to check color of fluids.

Does the fuel filter element look clean? (I think filter housing is translucent?)

Is there excess grease around loader grease zerks? (Good thing versus no grease might indicate never greased)

Is there fluid in the front axle (notoriously omitted in pre-delivery inspections)?

All that said, if I were to buy it, I would do a complete service (myself) of all fluids, filters, etc. so I would have a good base line.

Sounds like a great price. Lot of folks here on OTT have B2650 and really like them. Great machines.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
If it's incondition as well detailed by RCW above me here then $12,000 is a steal for this equipment you're looking at.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Buying from neighbors?? Do him right, give him $12,500 and don't nickle and dime him to death...

It's worth more than that....
There's something to be said for that.

I wouldn't throw $$ at a machine if there was a bona fide chance it was in poor condition.

That said, I honestly considered if I would want to trailer it from Maine to Central New York, because I could really use it. ;)

Scotty123

Equipment
L2201
Aug 15, 2023
USA
I wish I'd thought to add $500 to the check...I'll find some other way to make it up to him. Heading into harvest season so I might not get the chance to do much more than check the fluids and the fuel and air filters. I'll attempt a followup when I take a good look. Should work well as a backup to our Mahindra 3215 and I'm guessing 'da wife' will find it a more comfortable tractor to use.
Great info and advice guys. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I wish I'd thought to add $500 to the check...I'll find some other way to make it up to him. Heading into harvest season so I might not get the chance to do much more than check the fluids and the fuel and air filters. I'll attempt a followup when I take a good look. Should work well as a backup to our Mahindra 3215 and I'm guessing 'da wife' will find it a more comfortable tractor to use.
Great info and advice guys. Thanks

You got a good deal, you'll enjoy that machine! Keep it lubed and serviced and she'll give many years of service.