Burn barrel fun....................Just fell in love with some new angle grinder disks.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Frantz made those popular 30 years ago. I have a "tripple stacker" designed for big trucks I use on my torch.
Mine is called a Motor Guard sub micron filter for air . My 1966 Biscayne has one of the Frantz filters on the 283 that actually uses toilet paper rolls for the oil.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Mine is called a Motor Guard sub micron filter for air . My 1966 Biscayne has one of the Frantz filters on the 283 that actually uses toilet paper rolls for the oil.
Do you treat that car gently? If so you should use Angel Soft toilet paper. If you want to keep the bottom clean, then use Charmin. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
Do you treat that car gently? If so you should use Angel Soft toilet paper. If you want to keep the bottom clean, then use Charmin. :ROFLMAO:
Scott's 😉. Those filters were made back when comfort wasn't high on the agenda 🌽🌽.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Sir, I am really glad you are back in action. Honestly after the doozy a week or so ago, when I saw the title…I was thinking ‘oh my’ this is going to be creative use of compressed air cauterize a wound. I hope everything healing good. 🥃
Thanks for the well wish's.

The Doc said I was healing up nicely and that I should be 100% in a few weeks.

🍸 (y):giggle:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Dry air goes a long way to extend nozzle and consumable life. I run a Hypertherm 45 with a machine torch and get thousands of inches from consumables since upgrading air filters and adding a toilet paper type filter at the input. Also have a hand torch with gouging tips that helps remove welds when I screw up. I definitely recommend buying a gouging consumable set for whatever machine you buy if you modify items.
What does your filter system consist of?

I was thinking of running a "desiccant" style filter with one of those "moto guards" either before it or after it.

I have not heard of a "toilet paper" filter for air.

I will have to look up those gouging tips too.....(y)

Sidekick

Equipment
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
What does your filter system consist of?

I was thinking of running a "desiccant" style filter with one of those "moto guards" either before it or after it.

I have not heard of a "toilet paper" filter for air.

I will have to look up those gouging tips too.....(y)
Yes the toilet paper type filter is a motor guard. Buy extra filters because they dry slowly. I have it right before the air enters the built in machine air filter. Also have a filter at the compressor and a very fine painting filter before the motor guard. I use that aluminum lined flexible airline across the shop slightly tilted towards the compressor that helps remove mist. Dry air makes a big difference in cut and consumable life. The gouging tips actually are just good for controlable blowing away old or bad welds and things like rivets without piercing. Can also remove material but that gets messy. Drain your compressor often.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I installed a Frantz on an '83 Nissan Maxima in about '85 after I discovered I needed to be a contortionist monkey to reach the oil filter. After installing the dealer's supplied oil filter I never changed that filter. Sold the car with 360K miles, and engine running fine.

I used the same brand filter when filtering drained motor oil and diluting with diesel to burn in an '86 F-250 diesel. Ran the mixed/filtered drained oil on one tank to use after engine warmed up on straight fuel and switched back to straight fuel a few miles from home. That's when diesel got to the $5 range!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I have a nice little twin tank Senco compressor that I used back in my flooring installation days. Quick recovery 4.5 gallon. I thought about using that as my air supply. I never had issues with moisture with it, but I drained the tank religiously. I ran coil roofing, finish and framing nailers and staplers without production lag. I think it would suit a Plasma Cutter pretty good. The water seperator would definitely help, I'm sure.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I purchased a Desiccant Dryer,5 Stage,30 CFM by Speedaire on Amazon when I found one at a deep discount. ($188 plus tax). That unit normally costs $684.01. While you don't need anything nearly as expensive, there are lots of similar options available to you. What I like about mine are the beads, when they turn pink, you put them in the oven and heat them for an hour or so on a clean cookie sheet. Remove and let cool and reuse them in the filter and they continue to absorb moisture.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Tried those grinding disks a few years ago. Really fast removal of stock with light pressure. Light pressure the key to long life. Nice option for beveling thicker stock.

Anytime you can get kids off their phones and doing stuff is a win for all.

Hypertherm has external and internal coalescencing water filters. In the south, 100% humidity in the summer.

Last edited: