L3901 Loader Failure

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That sounds a lot like the fault lies within the spool valve.
To me it sounds like the PB outlet is deadheaded by something down stream but the backhoe says otherwise.

i propose the next step is to reroute loader PB straight to tank and test loader functions again. That will tell us if ots the loader valve or not.

Dan

AllenBC

Equipment
L3901, L525 Loader, BH77 Backhoe, Lane Shark LS3, Pallet Forks, Snow Plow,
Jul 10, 2024
Warwick, New York
I'm willing but am losing light tonight so it will be tomorrow. I know where the tank hose connects to the backhoe, but not where to connect it directly to the tank. Any advice would be appreciated.
On thinking a bit more, I suppose the place is where the other backhoe hose connects to the body of the tractor, somewhere down below.

Here's a question. I have an adjustable restrictor in the line from the 3rd func valve to the connectors on the front of the tractor for my snowplow. I don't see how that could interfere, but I bring it up because the degree of restriction hasn't been consistent.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm willing but am losing light tonight so it will be tomorrow. I know where the tank hose connects to the backhoe, but not where to connect it directly to the tank. Any advice would be appreciated.
On thinking a bit more, I suppose the place is where the other backhoe hose connects to the body of the tractor, somewhere down below.

Here's a question. I have an adjustable restrictor in the line from the 3rd func valve to the connectors on the front of the tractor for my snowplow. I don't see how that could interfere, but I bring it up because the degree of restriction hasn't been consistent.
If the spool in tje 3rd function is in neutral none of that matters.

Its an easy test. The loader PB is hooked to P on the third function and T is connected to the hydraulic outlet block. Diisconnect both those hoses and connect the PB hose to the hydraulic outlet block - lower rigt port in the picture.

Now PB is going straight to tank. Start the tractor and test loader up/ down. Dont curl tje bucket because that will dump oil put the tank hose. You can put it in a bucket to be safe.

If the loader works plumbed like that the valve is fine and there is more detective work to do.

Dan

1000003174.jpg

AllenBC

Equipment
Jul 10, 2024
Warwick, New York
I wasn't thinking that removing the backhoe leaves the lines to be connected easily - biting head to tail for both the tractor lines and the backhoe whips, something you do when you take the hoe off. I have never taken this backhoe off before, but I know in general how to do it. Might as well go on and get the experience because I am thinking of buying or renting a box blade to fix some gravel paths between horse pastures. I have a backhoe dolly made for my previous tractor's 3-point hoe that should work OK for this one.

AllenBC

Equipment
Jul 10, 2024
Warwick, New York
I had not seen your last reply when I last replied. Would removing the backhoe and linking hoses work as well?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I wasn't thinking that removing the backhoe leaves the lines to be connected easily - biting head to tail for both the tractor lines and the backhoe whips, something you do when you take the hoe off. I have never taken this backhoe off before, but I know in general how to do it. Might as well go on and get the experience because I am thinking of buying or renting a box blade to fix some gravel paths between horse pastures. I have a backhoe dolly made for my previous tractor's 3-point hoe that should work OK for this one.
Please, keep this as direct as possible. Adding the backhoe simply complicates things snd adds variables.

Use tje hydraulic outlet - its right there and both hoses have JIC swivels. Less than 5 minutes to make the connections.