What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
I don't see any pictures of you falling in, so it must not have happen :unsure:
Honestly, I'm calling it more of a controlled descent. :cool:

I was cutting loose one of the larger branches and felt the trunk start to roll. I knew I could: stay put and hope for the best; jump and land on my feet, chainsaw above water. I chose humiliation and a dry chain saw. Besides, I was by myself (I know, risky) so all anyone saw was some wet, dirty shoes and jeans.

The water level is several feet below normal, so even sinking 6 inches into the mud, my belt was still dry.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Stocking and transferring the wood racks under the porch for fall/winter.

Unloaded work platform and checked the pins to hold it on.

Seems like with minimal effort, could be used as a mobile wild life “observation” tower 😉. Just need a seat and maybe a little burlap / camouflage.(it’s a little noisy though…clangs a bit). Great for cleaning gutters though. 🥃

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed the grass then cleaned the deck and greased the mower and loader.
20240720_150238.jpg

20240720_151254.jpg

Swapped the mower out for the BTR and hauled my string trimmer, cord and batteries. Trimmed 150 trees then got some t-posts driven into the ground for the larger trees. Still need to get the trees supported. Maybe tomorrow's project...
20240720_191534.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
started to harvest some large potatoes to place near the I-Beams. Hopefully will add some mass to holding them in place.
1st one was a hefty. Had to drop it and reposition the tractor - couldn't move it through that mud n up the bank.
rock_in_grapple_20240721_150857.jpg

At the second beam
rocks_beam_20240721_153916.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Bigger tractor needed!
lol,
Thanks - every time I think about a bigger tractor reality sets in. Mine is too heavy for the lawn. . . It's a problem going into the woods and turning in some areas. It bogs down in the mud.

I don't think a bigger / heavier machine will help :(

I do yearn for more lifting power in the loader tho

Reactions: 1 users

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
On Saturday I had 1 more batch of brush to pick up with the grapple.
The grapple opened, but would not close.
So, I shoved the brush pile down to the burn pile.

On inspection, I found the male hose fitting had popped out of the female fitting.
Oh, good, easy fix.
Nope. The o-ring in female was damaged.
This is the 2nd o-ring failure this summer in that fitting.

Well, the pioneer fittings got replaced with flat face fittings. I think this will fix the problem.
IMG_4568.jpeg
IMG_4567.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I did a 4-1/2 hour flail job in Bigfork yesterday afternoon/evening and it was hot! The MX did really well but once again it struggles to keep the cab cool when it's 98F outside. The M6060 cab is so much cooler, in part because the A/C ducting isn't routed through the cap on the cab.

I got to the property just before 5pm, filled up the MX from the transfer tank and got to work. My neck is sore this morning after looking over my shoulder for 4-1/2 hours. I finally got home around 10.45pm. I ran flat out for 4-1/2 hours and used around 3/4 of a tank of fuel, maybe 8 gallons. Not bad.

Once again I managed to damage the rod that the front flap guards hang off. It was damaged the first time during shipping, I damaged it a few months ago on another job and made a new rod, and now I've done it again. It's not hard to make a rod, but rather than going down this road time after time, I'm going to look at modifying the design so that the hinge rod is above the exit "chute".

So this was some thick stuff with lots of stumps, branches, logs, and even some wire hidden in the tall stuff. Luckily most of the wood was fairly rotten so the flail chewed it up.

Three before shots and a few after shots. The owner and his wife were pleased with the results but it was late when I finished up the last pasture area so forgot to take a photo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Loading up the tractor.

6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I did a 4-1/2 hour flail job in Big Fork yesterday afternoon/evening and it was hot! The MX did really well but once again it struggles to keep the cab cool when it's 98F outside. The M6060 cab is so much cooler, in part because the A/C ducting isn't routed through the cap on the cab.

I got to the property just before 5pm, filled up the MX from the transfer tank and got to work. My neck is sore this morning after looking over my shoulder for 4-1/2 hours. I finally got home around 10.45pm. I ran flat out for 4-1/2 hours and used a little over half a tank of fuel, maybe 6 gallons. Not bad.

Once again I managed to damage the rod that the front flap guards hang off. It was damaged the first time during shipping, I damaged it a few months ago on another job and made a new rod, and now I've done it again. It's not hard to make a rod, but rather than going down this road time after time, I'm going to look at modifying the design so that the hinge rod is above the exit "chute".

So this was some thick stuff with lots of stumps, branches, logs, and even some wire hidden in the tall stuff. Luckily most of the wood was fairly rotten so the flail chewed it up.

Three before shots and a few after shots. The owner and his wife were pleased with the results but it was late when I finished up the last pasture area so forgot to take a photo.
Nice. I'm still looking for an app, draw out irregular shape, input your cutting width and the app calculates your best starting point and pattern to cut an area quicker.

Please keep that high pressure up there, lol.

I bought a can of white oil based paint last year, I have intentions to paint the roof of the SVL75-2, that dark color absorbs too much heat and normally it's always hot down here. This has been a bit cooler summer for us, I'm really hoping we get rain today/this week. It appears half the state is getting some good rain, I think because the state thats above the Red River really sucks, the rains don't quite make it far enough south.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
On Saturday I had 1 more batch of brush to pick up with the grapple.
The grapple opened, but would not close.
So, I shoved the brush pile down to the burn pile.

On inspection, I found the male hose fitting had popped out of the female fitting.
Oh, good, easy fix.
Nope. The o-ring in female was damaged.
This is the 2nd o-ring failure this summer in that fitting.

Well, the pioneer fittings got replaced with flat face fittings. I think this will fix the problem.
/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I haven't had a 'failure issue' but it seems every time I go to mount the grapple one of fittings is a pia to get seated. Some pressure in the line. I end up pushing the ball against the grapple frame and pissing out some hydro fluid to relieve the pressure.
It's my understanding that is not an issue with flat face fittings, which I've never used.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice. I'm still looking for an app, draw out irregular shape, input your cutting width and the app calculates your best starting point and pattern to cut an area quicker.
The first area that I cut was a bit of a disaster in terms of layout and it was very hard to be efficient. The second pasture area was much easier and took less than hour.

So here's the damage to the guard support rail. The Del Morino has been and continues to be an amazing implement, but that guard arrangement could be better. If you go over something large and solid, like a 16" firewood log for example, the hammers aren't able to chew it up quick enough and they'll eject a large piece out the front which hits the guard support.

I plan on making a new rod and brackets such that the support is above the exit chute. I'll make up my own heavier flaps too. The cutting head rotates so I might make the rail as two pieces either side of the pivot. We'll see.

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Everyone needs weights , and price continue to climb with the demand
I need weight on the front, I grab a large log with the grapple. Most useful when the 3pt 45gal sprayer is full. Halfway thru the tank, I can drop the log. I don't have to get out a lift heavy metal things which are dangerous for my feet.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The first area that I cut was a bit of a disaster in terms of layout and it was very hard to be efficient. The second pasture area was much easier and took less than hour.

So here's the damage to the guard support rail. The Del Morino has been and continues to be an amazing implement, but that guard arrangement could be better. If you go over something large and solid, like a 16" firewood log for example, the hammers aren't able to chew it up quick enough and they'll eject a large piece out the front which hits the guard support.

I plan on making a new rod and brackets such that the support is above the exit chute. I'll make up my own heavier flaps too. The cutting head rotates so I might make the rail as two pieces either side of the pivot. We'll see.

View attachment 133346

View attachment 133347
I'd consider using an angle iron with the flat side up against the flat metal above the existing flaps. Use a clip angle to attach to the ends that protrude out a bit. Then you could could bolt to the angle heavy flaps, like mud flaps used on trucks to the length needed.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'd consider using an angle iron with the flat side up against the flat metal above the existing flaps. Use a clip angle to attach to the ends that protrude out a bit. Then you could could bolt to the angle heavy flaps, like mud flaps used on trucks to the length needed.
The guards need to swing so I'm not quite following the "bolt to the angle heavy flaps". I was thinking of using some 1/2" schedule 40 pipe, cutting sections to match the width of each flap, welding the flap and pipe together and sliding each one over the 5/8" rod that I have. The rod would be attached in a similar way to the current rod but it'd be located above the opening so that it couldn't get hit by anything.