Inner tube or no

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yes, but depending on WHY the tire/wheel is leaking.....might be better to just fix it. With a tube, IF you have a puncture....you'll need to remove the tube to repair it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ken alaska

Equipment
Bx25d
Jul 17, 2024
Alaska
Yes, but depending on WHY the tire/wheel is leaking.....might be better to just fix it. With a tube, IF you have a puncture....you'll need to remove the tube to repair it.
Thanks,, I’m just getting used to the machine. She only had a 100 hrs on her. And was kept covered for years. Runs great. 40 years on the water, so I’m a duck out of water.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
pump it up - slather on soapy water & see what you see
check & tighten valve stem core?

Reactions: 1 user

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Got tired of small leak between rim halfs on front of b2150 so in went a tube today.... corrosion between rim halfs and rubber seal leak....repainted inside of wheel and new tube....done.

sdbrison

Equipment
B2150
Jul 22, 2024
TN
Got tired of small leak between rim halfs on front of b2150 so in went a tube today.... corrosion between rim halfs and rubber seal leak....repainted inside of wheel and new tube....done.
pump it up - slather on soapy water & see what you see
check & tighten valve stem core?
Where did you get your tube and what size was it? I have the same problem with my front tires and I think a tube is the best first step. Finding the same size tire I need for my b2150 has been a challenge. Current tire is 24x8.50-12 and I have patched it multiple times

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Where did you get your tube and what size was it? I have the same problem with my front tires and I think a tube is the best first step. Finding the same size tire I need for my b2150 has been a challenge. Current tire is 24x8.50-12 and I have patched it multiple times
Never found exact size but with tubes close is good. (Fix / sold tires 45 years)
23x8.5/9.5/10.5-12 was the size i used.
amazon was like 33 bucks for 2. Others wanted 30 bucks for 1.
my rims look brandnew but the rubber seal between the rim halfs were covered in rust. Just like rim halfs. Older compressors dump lots of water in tire when filling tire. ( i have dryer on my compressor)Ground down inside of rims. Repainted .. cleaned up rubber seal and all good. They probably would have resealed but i figured 33 bucks was good insurance.

sdbrison

Equipment
B2150
Jul 22, 2024
TN
Thanks. I'm going to do tubes for short term and see how it goes. Is there a source for 24x8.50-12 tires. My rears are in pretty good shape and don't want to go thru changing out fronts and backs. Google has plenty of results but it seems it comes up as 23 or 9.5 or.... When I find a site with that size they are out of stock.
Thanks again for your response.