Where are you listing your equipment to sell.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
He came in at the wholesale price, very low, I asked him about consignment and they charge 15% of what it sells for. In no major hurry so will try the venues mentioned.
I investigated consignment.

Dealers wanted 11%+ and would not be responsible for equipment while on their lot. That was a showstopper.

Dealers will also attempt to sell anything that they have before any consignment equipment.

Reactions: 1 user

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
An M62 is not for everyone.
Big bucks!
Machinery Trader does have a fee, but buyers for that type machine, are quite likely looking there.
Most here, are happy with MUCH smaller machines.
You sound like a customer of mine Fried.
A few yrs ago she pulls in and my monster
L3800 was parked by my shop.
She comes in and and says
"What a cute little tractor you have there"
I replied Any idea how degrading that is to a man ??? Cute little tractor.
That tractor is huge.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You sound like a customer of mine Fried.
A few yrs ago she pulls in and my monster
L3800 was parked by my shop.
She comes in and and says
"What a cute little tractor you have there"
I replied Any idea how degrading that is to a man ??? Cute little tractor.
That tractor is huge.
Fact: When compared to an L3800....... the M62TLB is a BRUTE!

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
He came in at the wholesale price, very low, I asked him about consignment and they charge 15% of what it sells for. In no major hurry so will try the venues mentioned.
Since your in no hurry. I would list it on Facebook and Craigslist. You have some nice equipment there and once you weed out the BS you will find the cash buyers. You have to have some thick skin but nice stuffs still will sell for good money.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
When I sold my tractor I had it listed on Facebook, Craigslist, this forum and a few other forums. Even had it out in front of my house. I live on a pretty busy highway. Had more tire kickers from seeing it at my house but ultimately it sold on Facebook. Although there were plenty of people offering 50-60% of my asking price on Facebook, that’s with every listing it seems.

Met a nice couple and I even delivered the tractor and implements to their cabin property two hours away apart of the deal. Also stayed a few hours showing them how to operate it.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
TractorHouse is a good place to advertise equipment.
Your first add used to be free. I’m not sure about now.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
TractorHouse is a good place to advertise equipment.
Your first add used to be free. I’m not sure about now.
About ten years ago, I sold a nearly new NH T4050 Deluxe using a first/free add on Tractorhouse.com. Have long wondered how long records are kept.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
About ten years ago, I sold a nearly new NH T4050 Deluxe using a first/free add on Tractorhouse.com. Have long wondered how long records are kept.
They keep records by e-mail address, and probably not for that long. E-mail addresses are free. If you can be bothered, you can easily get another free sale. Not economic for someone selling tractors for a living to keep making new e-mail accounts, but for the average Joe, quite reasonable.