Where are you listing your equipment to sell.

TheSaint68

Equipment
Kubota M62, Virnig V60 Grapple
Jul 8, 2024
Connecticut
We are in the process of moving interstate and with the cost of the move plus hassle have decided it is easier to sell our Kubota equipment. Where have people found success listing what they have, first time seller and want to find the correct audience. 2020 M62 w/ attachments, 2022 RTV-X1140, and a small 2007 BX 2360 w/ attachments.

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
We are in the process of moving interstate and with the cost of the move plus hassle have decided it is easier to sell our Kubota equipment. Where have people found success listing what they have, first time seller and want to find the correct audience. 2020 M62 w/ attachments, 2022 RTV-X1140, and a small 2007 BX 2360 w/ attachments.

Thanks
I recently sold all of my farm equipment including 5 Kubota machines with associated equipment in preparation for a 1,600-mile move/downsize.

I used both CL and FB Marketplace with mixed success. Neither works as well as in times past but either will produce results with patience.

Tractorhouse.com is an option, but one must pay for such ads and I chose not to do so.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Thanks
I bought a 2021 M62 last Fall, for a friend.
Found it on Machinery Trader.
A private seller.
295 hour machine $63,500

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am interested in buying the 2022 RTV-X1140. Could you post more information about it? I am in CT so that should make it easier for both of us. thanks Dusty

Reactions: 1 user

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Maybe the classifieds on this site would be a good place. People here know and love their orange machines!

Tractor Gal

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It all depends on how interested in moving these items to new homes as to how he will advertise them. This site is free and there are quite a few people from CT here that might be interested in what he has to sell.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It all depends on how interested in moving these items to new homes as to how he will advertise them. This site is free and there are quite a few people from CT here that might be interested in what he has to sell.
An M62 is not for everyone.
Big bucks!
Machinery Trader does have a fee, but buyers for that type machine, are quite likely looking there.
Most here, are happy with MUCH smaller machines.

Last edited:

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Around here there are a couple of good online auction sites that have a couple of Equipment Auctions a month. They usually fetch prices that are fair to buyer and seller alike.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

Thanks
Unfortunately you get a lot of scammers trying to rip people off with fake ads for stuff they don't own

Being a new user with only two posts trying to sell a new machine on the cheap puts you in the scammer category

Please post a photo of your M62 with the V60 raised over your RTV-X1140

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If I am suspect, I ask for a picture with the current day's newspaper in part of the picture. The problem is that there are no newspapers left in most of the country.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Thanks
I've had good luck with Craigslist over the years, both selling and buying. I sold the MX6000HST through Craigslist around three years ago now. The person who bought it lived in CT and was moving to MT and he asked me if I'd keep the tractor at my place for a few months. I had it in the garage for at least 3 months until he was ready to pick it up. That was very trusting of him but it worked out well.

He also bought a rear blade from me (RB3796) for what I paid for it, which in hindsight was a mistake on my part. I sold him some tire chains too but lost a little on those, in part because one of the $100 bills was fake.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I've had good luck with Craigslist over the years, both selling and buying. I sold the MX6000HST through Craigslist around three years ago now. The person who bought it lived in CT and was moving to MT and he asked me if I'd keep the tractor at my place for a few months. I had it in the garage for at least 3 months until he was ready to pick it up. That was very trusting of him but it worked out well.

He also bought a rear blade from me (RB3796) for what I paid for it, which in hindsight was a mistake on my part. I sold him some tire chains too but lost a little on those, in part because one of the $100 bills was fake.
Any chance that the guy didn't know the $100 bill was a fake? If he knew, he might have tried to use more of them! My thoughts are related to the fact that in the other areas, he did what he said he would do. You could've been waiting for him and he never showed. But, I tend to think the best about people until they give me different reasons. :)

Tractor Gal

Reactions: 3 users

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE

Thanks
It is going to depend on your time line of getting these sold and if you want to deal with folks. Auction time and Big Iron have sales every week and seem to do a good job for buyer and seller. They have there fees. I have had good luck over the years buying and selling on Craig's list and Facebook you do have to weed out the BS. I have sold a fair amount of equipment over the years parking out on the highway on my farm.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Any chance that the guy didn't know the $100 bill was a fake? If he knew, he might have tried to use more of them! My thoughts are related to the fact that in the other areas, he did what he said he would do. You could've been waiting for him and he never showed. But, I tend to think the best about people until they give me different reasons. :)

Tractor Gal
I don't think he knew. He gave me four $100 bills and I never thought to check them. He was a fire chief in CT, and in my experience, firefighters have integrity. It wasn't a big deal, and he was honest and fair in every aspect of the transaction. He put a lot of trust in me and told me that I could continue to use the MX after he'd paid for it but that wasn't cool with me. I kept it safe in the garage rather than park it outside.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
I don't think he knew. He gave me four $100 bills and I never thought to check them. He was a fire chief in CT, and in my experience, firefighters have integrity. It wasn't a big deal, and he was honest and fair in every aspect of the transaction. He put a lot of trust in me and told me that I could continue to use the MX after he'd paid for it but that wasn't cool with me. I kept it safe in the garage rather than park it outside.
Sounds like you're both top of the line!

Reactions: 2 users

TheSaint68

Equipment
Jul 8, 2024
Connecticut
Unfortunately you get a lot of scammers trying to rip people off with fake ads for stuff they don't own

Being a new user with only two posts trying to sell a new machine on the cheap puts you in the scammer category

Please post a photo of your M62 with the V60 raised over your RTV-X1140

Attachments

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Another option might be your dealer. He will want to buy at wholesale price, But is probably the fastest and easiest.

TheSaint68

Equipment
Jul 8, 2024
Connecticut
Another option might be your dealer. He will want to buy at wholesale price, But is probably the fastest and easiest.
He came in at the wholesale price, very low, I asked him about consignment and they charge 15% of what it sells for. In no major hurry so will try the venues mentioned.