Tow Vehicle?? What do you tow your Kubota with??

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
I suggest you go back to driving school and take you CDL all over again.
"Evidently you can't read or can't subtract, so may I respectfully you go back to grade school and learn one or both."

Just because you use the word "respectfully" in this sentence doesn't mask the fact that you are being disrespectful. Whether Eric is right or not, stooping to insult brings you down. One of the most enjoyable parts of OTT is that, even in disagreement, the people here usually treat each other with respect. I cringe when posts like this go on, whoever is doing it.
Sorry, but this irks me. You chewed on David for insulting and maybe it wasn't called for but, doesn't seem any different than Eric's post to me. Especially considering Eric was wrong about legal class 8 weights.

Now, on to why i actually wanted to post, which is why did everybody insist on jumping all over the guy with the ranger, at first glance yes it appears overloaded. but after he posted that he had weighed it at a certified scale and it was under his combined weight we had members continue to jump all over him. since when did we become the DOT? it seems this has happened in other threads as well one post inforing a member somethng is unsafe or illegal seems sufficent to me. /EndRant

BTW since its the towing thread.
I tow with my 93 F-350,99 F-250, or 05 Excursion.(all diesel equipped)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Sorry, but this irks me. You chewed on David for insulting and maybe it wasn't called for but, doesn't seem any different than Eric's post to me. Especially considering Eric was wrong about legal class 8 weights.

Now, on to why i actually wanted to post, which is why did everybody insist on jumping all over the guy with the ranger, at first glance yes it appears overloaded. but after he posted that he had weighed it at a certified scale and it was under his combined weight we had members continue to jump all over him. since when did we become the DOT? it seems this has happened in other threads as well one post inforing a member somethng is unsafe or illegal seems sufficent to me. /EndRant

David was being condescending. I wasn't defending Eric, I was saying that when a person answers something as the bigger man- correcting someome else- it calls for maturity. Belittling someone else while trying to straighten something out is counterproductive.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Especially considering Eric was wrong about legal class 8 weights.
I'm not going to argue with anyone and don't want ot intend to step on any toes but this statement I don't think is fair or correct. Eric has years of truck driving experience in several different weight class trucks. I personally don't know the legal weight limit in Va. but I have a strong feeling that Eric does. I have no reason to believe the info he gave is wrong for his state. In Ga the legal limit without over weight permits is 80,000 lbs. Go over to Ala. and the same truck can haul 88,000.

Point being the numbers he listed may not be correct in your state but it's not really fair to just say flat out that he's wrong. JMHO

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
scale ticket 001.jpg
The actual weight of the B3200tlb is right at 4000lbs. The 18' trailer is 1400-1600lbs. As you can see from the scale ticket I am under the 9500 GVCW rating on the Ranger. Not by much.
When I traded my '08 Ranger for the '11, I was surprised at the amount I would be able to tow. :cool:
This is not an ideal setup, but is with in the guidelines of Ford's recomendations.
The B3200 was loaded to the back of the trailer when I weighed it in Sept 2012. As you can see, the rear axle on the Ranger is lite.
The photo of my setup shows the B3200 all the way to the front. Which makes the Ranger tail heavy. As someone suggested, I had moved it around on the trailer to get a good compromise and weight distribution.:)
When it comes to stopping, just like anything else, you pay attention to where you are at.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA

This was my main point, regardless of how the thread evolved. We were all given absolute scale numbers as well as Ford's recommended numbers. Yet this guy was continually told that he was wrong on post after post.

Which just did not make sense to me. Numbers are logical, numbers are black and white. Numbers are not, like many things in life subjective. And yet, no matter how I tried to word things, to try and bring that point out it made no difference.

And then it went downhill from there....

David

Last edited:

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
View attachment 7353
The actual weight of the B3200tlb is right at 4000lbs. The 18' trailer is 1400-1600lbs. As you can see from the scale ticket I am under the 9500 GVCW rating on the Ranger. Not by much.
When I traded my '08 Ranger for the '11, I was surprised at the amount I would be able to tow. :cool:
This is not an ideal setup, but is with in the guidelines of Ford's recomendations.
The B3200 was loaded to the back of the trailer when I weighed it in Sept 2012. As you can see, the rear axle on the Ranger is lite.
The photo of my setup shows the B3200 all the way to the front. Which makes the Ranger tail heavy. As someone suggested, I had moved it around on the trailer to get a good compromise and weight distribution.:)
When it comes to stopping, just like anything else, you pay attention to where you are at.
Yeah, Ford has really upped the rated and recommended tow ratings on there later model trucks, It has taken many of us older drivers by surprise, as F150's are now rated to tow more than many older F250's....

David

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
David was being condescending. I wasn't defending Eric, I was saying that when a person answers something as the bigger man- correcting someome else- it calls for maturity. Belittling someone else while trying to straighten something out is counterproductive.
I do not believe I was being condescending, at least that was not my attempt.

However, point taken on the rest, and I understand....

David

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
I'm not going to argue with anyone and don't want ot intend to step on any toes but this statement I don't think is fair or correct. Eric has years of truck driving experience in several different weight class trucks. I personally don't know the legal weight limit in Va. but I have a strong feeling that Eric does. I have no reason to believe the info he gave is wrong for his state. In Ga the legal limit without over weight permits is 80,000 lbs. Go over to Ala. and the same truck can haul 88,000.

Point being the numbers he listed may not be correct in your state but it's not really fair to just say flat out that he's wrong. JMHO
Not trying to argue here either, but why was this same "not fair to just say that he was flat out wrong" pointed out in my case, but not in those cases where the ranger owner was told he was flat out wrong and overloaded?

It does seem that I, have been singled out as a "bad" person here.

I might add, even on the 80k post, I was told first that I was wrong. Yet, nothing said by you either on that post.

Just saying

David

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not trying to argue here either, but why was this same "not fair to just say that he was flat out wrong" pointed out in my case, but not in those cases where the ranger owner was told he was flat out wrong and overloaded?

It does seem that I, have been singled out as a "bad" person here.

I might add, even on the 80k post, I was told first that I was wrong. Yet, nothing said by you either on that post.

Just saying

David
As I stated before I didn't want to step on any toes but in the same sense I'm not going to jump on the Ranger band wagon. I understand what Ford has it rated at but I don't feel it makes a safe tow vehicle. I have had several Rangers over the years and towed with them. IMHO when you get above a couple of dirt bikes, 4 wheelers or a lawn mower it's beyond their capability. Regaurdless of the rating I don't feel like they have enough suspention, drivetrain or brakes to haul/tow that kind of weight safely. I don't fully agree with the new F350, 3500 ect. towing 20K + loads either but that's just me I guess. I have a friend with a hotrod Dodge 3500 that hauled a 38K load of logs to the mill. :eek: By no means was that safe and it should have never been done but it happened. Just because it has a mountain motor under the hood doesn't mean you should try to move the mountain.

Now, I fully understand getting by with what you have. My brother did it with his Ranger. Been there myself when I was having to tow my tractor with my F150. I have a L3000 instead of a bigger tractor because at the time the 150 is all I had to tow with and that is all I felt safe hauling.

By no means am I trying to say you are a bad person and I really don't think anybody else here at OTT did either. That thought never crossed my mind and if I came across that way I appoligize for that. Sometimes the debates will be heated to say the least and on certain subjects opinions are as strong as oak. As far as I'm concerned I'm ready for the next thread that comes along and put this one behind us. :D

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
2012 f150 Platinum with 2014 Appalachain 18' with dovetail. Still need to get a pic with tractor on the trailer yet. Time flys when your having fun.

Attachments