Still not impressed with my Dealer

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I don’t do Faux News either for similar reasons…but I’ll venture that some jobs pay so lowly that workers must rely on “tips” to make ends meet…and that may resemble a form of “slavery”.
How come all those lowly paid workers always have iphone20s and smoke the most expensive cigs?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
In our world today if someone thinks what they do is a form of slavery they must not like it or appreciate what they are paid for the task they perform. They are where they are by their own choices and can change where they are by making new choices.

From my experiences in the last year and half people have been conditioned to not work. Whether it's fast food, factory or trades they don't want to show up!

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
According to you, and if that is how you provided it for "extra" service.

I thank people in advance of helping me all the time. If I ever had to take my tractor to the dealer (20+ years now with two different machines no dealer service needed), it would be for something over my head. I would have no problem throwing the tech going over my problem with me on my tractor a 20 for lunch. Not for "extra" service, just the excellent service I expected when I brought it to them.

But yes, worded like you did, it would be a bribe.
The sentence I highlighted is one of the motivation techniques Dale Carnegie mentions in his book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. "Give people a fine reputation to live up to."

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
How come all those lowly paid workers always have iphone20s and smoke the most expensive cigs?
Make up a sentence that appears to support your opinion and post it…completely without factual support.

Google “working poor in America” and Read all about it.

I don’t know what this discussion has to do with Service, Repair, and Maintenance.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Make up a sentence that appears to support your opinion and post it…completely without factual support.

Google “working poor in America” and Read all about it.

I don’t know what this discussion has to do with Service, Repair, and Maintenance.
I dont need to google anything i grew up dirt poor and picked myself up right out of it by making good decisions. IM in Maine, its poor. ive been working and been around working poor my whole life. i know all about the "working poor" stay on topic instead of your political rants (faux news)

Try getting some info from boots on the ground instead of google.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Not all techs are good techs, not all dealerships care about service work or training their techs or paying a fair rate. I really like my local dealer, been dealing with them nearly 20 years now. Both as a customer and from being a diesel tech and working on equipment that they didn't want to work on or "couldn't fix". I wouldn't take much to them for service work but they do have some good techs. They seem to really struggle with the newer stuff. Even down to the 4mix engines in string trimmers. It's sad really. Top notch parts department.