L1500DT 4x4 System

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I found 3 drain plugs but only on fill port? It was on the left side of the tractor.
That's right! the fluid drains down to the hubs. Fill wait and fill more, It's slow to get to the hubs.

Thought you might say that! Just got carried away doing services and forgot to follow through with that.
Yep I can give you a better answer, but so far the front is looking good :) and the back not so much! :(

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
I spent some more time looking at this system and was curious if there is any suggestions as to what in the the 4x4 selector would prevent this tractor from going into 4x4?

I hope that question makes sense?

We have done a complete service and have everything working except the 4x4. It is hard to blow snow without the 4x4 system as the tractor just spins out on the snow left under blower so I don't fire rocks everywhere.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a shifting fork that gets out of alignment or bent.
Sounds like your in for a split to repair it. :(

Corney

Equipment
What would that mechanism that switches from 4x4 to 2x4 be called? A fellow member Darin was good enough to share manuals that he had relevant to this grey market tractor. I was reviewing each section And I can't find a break down of this component?

I have to say I have been on many forums supporting my hobbies and interests and this one has been this most helpful!

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Drain the oil and pull the case off, it should be quite obvious what is broken, bent, or misaligned.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh yes sorry, No grey support.
Try a L225DT. :D

Last edited:

Corney

Equipment
So I have to share something we discovered!!

We were going to tear into that little orange tractor to check out the 4x4 at the lever end. We thought we would try it one more time so we pushed into a pile of snow and got the tires spinning. Had it in 4x4 according to the after market decals on the fender , front tires were not spinning. Put it in 2x4 according to decals and it started spinning the front wheels?

Moral of the story is try both positions before you tear it apart and sometimes beer does make you smarter!