Alternative to Carbon Tax?

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
That 'remote engine shutoff' doesn't seem to work very well, 100s of cars stolen every month, trucked to Port of Montreal, shipped overseas...
That law is for new cars…not sure of when the start date is. Manufacturers can now disable most newer vehicles already but there are rules, laws and various legal issues right now. Think OnStar and similar. Most require the vehicle to be stationary.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
That 'remote engine shutoff' doesn't seem to work very well, 100s of cars stolen every month, trucked to Port of Montreal, shipped overseas...
It's installed to make collection on deadbeat leasers easier, not to stop third party theft.

Cars are going the way of cell phones. Apple sends out "updates" that slow your 2 year old model device down after a new model is released to "ensure customer satisfaction".

OEM car manufacturers are envious and love that they can now just send a remote software update after your warranty is up to disable things you paid for unless you pay for a monthly subscription. Because EV's are just un-repairable blackbox computers there are no parts that monkey part swappers can change to make your vehicle work properly again. As the consumer you are forced into paying for the complete vehicle up front but have to pay a monthly rental to keep using your purchase.

An army of fanboys will keep posting how this new business model with remote software updates and vehicle tracking is the best thing ever.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: odometer readings are not exactly "accurate'.

would be 'ok' though, if not, grab the GPS data.....easy,peezy

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Every time some politician says "wealthy should pay their fair share" it irritates me. The wealthy pay the majority of the taxes collected. The congress made the tax laws, and they set up the system so they wouldn't have to pay their "fair share", and others are also taking advantage of the "tax loopholes" that they created. Sales tax is a tax that all pay equally. Income tax is graduated so the more that you make, the greater the amount that the government gets. Deductions are based on tax laws, and as an example, the entertainment industry has one of the best tax breaks going. Entertainers are allowed to take their clothing as a business expense on their federal taxes. We all need clothing, but for the most part, our clothing isn't a deductible expense unless it falls into some very specific exemptions. This is just the tip of the iceberg of the tax law deductions.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Follow the money boys, look where the carbon tax goes, who is in charge and who is getting rich. And everyone of them is elected just sayin

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
just checked my natgas bill... for every Loonie I pay for gas, I pay another Loonie as the 'carbon tax' AND of course 13% HST tax on all of it.....

Always wondered...
we pay the carbon tax, guv does 'something' with it, then late we get a 'rebate'......

It sounds like we overpaid the up front time AND the problem was solved " ??

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Every time some politician says "wealthy should pay their fair share" it irritates me. The wealthy pay the majority of the taxes collected. The congress made the tax laws, and they set up the system so they wouldn't have to pay their "fair share", and others are also taking advantage of the "tax loopholes" that they created. Sales tax is a tax that all pay equally. Income tax is graduated so the more that you make, the greater the amount that the government gets. Deductions are based on tax laws, and as an example, the entertainment industry has one of the best tax breaks going. Entertainers are allowed to take their clothing as a business expense on their federal taxes. We all need clothing, but for the most part, our clothing isn't a deductible expense unless it falls into some very specific exemptions. This is just the tip of the iceberg of the tax law deductions.
LOL

I guess all the poor people get to write off a $77,000 a year expense for their pet horses.

Trump didn't pay any taxes for at least 3 years.

Warren Buffet pays on 0.1% tax rate.

Wealthy people don't pay taxes at the same rate as working class losers...the rich pay significantly less taxes per dollar earned because they can afford the lawyers and accountants to game the system.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
LOL

I guess all the poor people get to write off a $77,000 a year expense for their pet horses.

Trump didn't pay any taxes for at least 3 years.

Warren Buffet pays on 0.1% tax rate.

Wealthy people don't pay taxes at the same rate as working class losers...the rich pay significantly less taxes per dollar earned because they can afford the lawyers and accountants to game the system.
The problem is not that the wealthy do not pay the same percentage in taxes, it's the politicians who make it legal to do so.

Everyone I know does whatever they can to pay the least amount of taxes legally. That is exactly what the wealthy do also.

Now, the politicians get to give themselves pay hikes, get insider information on upcoming situations to allow them to make more, or sell to not lose. Make regulations for taxing the working class, yet keep getting re-elected. So they will never do anything to spoil their nest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
yup... the new 'golden rule'

Those who make the rules, get the gold...
Those that have the gold, make the rules...

There's only one set of tax laws for every taxpayer...
Some will read the zillion pages and take profit from it.
There are 'directed deductions' though.....
Here in Canada , we(businesses) can only claim xx pennies per mile,er kilometer, for 'mileage' BUT the CRA tax people can claim 8 cents MORE...... Found that out during my 4 years corporate audit...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dont you guys understand? It is all about control over where we go how we go and how much they can squeeze out of us, untill we as a people become sheep

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Dont you guys understand? It is all about control over where we go how we go and how much they can squeeze out of us, untill we as a people become sheep

Baa. Baa. Baa. Yep. It's not hard to see what's going on.

What's the next 'crisis'?

Lately it's global warming, covid, no more oil, pneumonia, homeless, illegal immigrant housing, drugs.

While they spray chemtrails over the countries. If you believe that. (I'm not 100 percent on that yet. But it seems reasonable with the current BS).

Lab invented sickness, scare invented theories, real or imagined.

Open border to bring in the needy. And let them vote. So, they can vote left and raise taxes to house them. Taxing the middle class is the big money for governments.

They say... We vote them in. Or do we really? I think the non-politician, Trump, fell thru the cracks. First time around.

They Gotta get more software hackers on board the electorate.

Eliminate the middle class, so you have the rich and the poor only. Karl Marx.

And folks, if you are on this forum, unless you are an anomaly, you are middle class.

Most poor don't shop for a tractor. But they shop for a cheap RV to live in. Or maybe steal a shopping cart.

Most rich just order some assistant to buy what they need... and to hire someone to operate and maintain it.

Playing Ping Pong over the Abyss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dont know if this is the next one but it maybe if you are a white guy with a gun.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Who do you vote for when you don't trust any of them? People tell me you have no right to complain if I don't vote but they seem to forget I'm paying the same taxes as them so to them I say kiss my ass. When you're ready to do something about these crooked s.o.b's I'll be there but don't ask me to vote for someone I don't like nor trust.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I forgot to mention the media...

The 77's will do that for me...

I"ve dated my age. :D

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
On cars and electronics, somebody wrote the programming so that OTA updates can be made, and I can guarantee with certainty that some of these cars can also be 'hacked' by people smarter than me.

I have a friend who works in IT, contracted with the DOD. He won't tell me exactly what he does (classified I guess) but says there is not a new car made that can't be accessed in one form or another. Whatever that means I don't know. He did go on to say that some state here in the ussa is trying to make the speed limits the maximum speed that the car can possibly go, so if the posted limit is 60, the car will ONLY go 60 (done electronically). I want to say it was california but I might be wrong. I don't think it's law, I think it's just something they're thinkin about.

Before folks say this is impossible, if you have apple carplay, next time your'e cruisin down the freeway, when you pass a speed limit sign, look at your maps in carplay. In the map on the right side it'll show the speed limit. Big deal right? When it drops from say 70 to 55, just past the 55 sign, look at your maps app-it will change too. Pretty eye opening. In Alabama a few weeks ago, I noticed this...and it's almost exact same position of the sign on the side of the road. I haven't noticed it here but I don't use maps here, don't need to. Might try it though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
It's really simple ...Every lock has a key. Once you have the key, you can open the lock.
Now some locks are harder to pick, but they ALL can be opened.
The ability to FORCE a car to do stuff remotely ( limit speed example) is already 'in there'.
If YOU want to disable it, disconnect the antennas from the computers, add WIFI/CELL jammers, course then you'll actually have to DRIVE the car.......

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Get rid of all politicians, all the BS they spew is not good for anyone.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
more importantly ,it's the LAWS they pass that are destroying our countries....

FYI, I see running the country as a BUSINESS ( income,expenses, profit ) not 'politics'.