Recent content by JasonW

  1. J

    Talk Sense to Me about Pallet Fork Capacity

    I don’t have any pictures although a few years ago now I went to help a friend have a building offloaded from a truck at his rural property. He rented a Lull forklift and I ran it while he was busy with everything else. Well the driver was too confident and buried the truck and trailer in...
  2. J

    2019 L2501 HST starts then shuts down

    Troubleshoot the key switch before replacing it. Always troubleshoot, don’t just throw parts at it.
  3. J

    B3300 and brush hog

    Top link does not set the height . The lower links do.
  4. J

    B3300 and brush hog

    The B7500 I recently purchased is like this. Kinda disappointed, but at the price I have in it it’s works fine. Plus the tractor is small enough I just lean over and look at the side of the bush hog. More info for the OP. You want the bush hog slightly lower in the front than the back. And...
  5. J

    I'm an idiot and lost my keys. Now what?

    Thank you for this almost 3 year thread bump.
  6. J

    Why Not A B26 “Commercial Grade” ???

    Probably not a lot of snow blowing goin on in Hawaii.
  7. J

    Picture of your tractor on your trailer

    Headed to the deer lease. It was a tight fit.
  8. J

    What size disc harrow?

    Might want to double check those weight numbers. Seems way high.
  9. J

    What size disc harrow?

    I’m a big fan of used equipment when available. Shouldn’t be too difficult to find a used 6’ or even 7’ disc harrow on marketplace, etc. I would recommend one with larger blades. Preferably all notched blades. And one that’s heavy duty. Weight can always be added to them, but if you add weight...
  10. J

    What size disc harrow?

    Definitely get one that has adjustable gangs. I can’t say I have seen one larger than 5’ that has fixed gangs anyway. Get one wider than your tractor. The more aggressive the angle is the more it cuts and harder it is to pull, so you can get by with a larger disc than normal and have the gangs...
  11. J

    New to tractors, top link concern

    I would put the money that you would spend on a longer top link and go ahead and get a hydraulic top link.
  12. J

    Why does my L3800 quit every time it warms up ?

    Based on you saying the hazards make the fuel gauge move. You might have a short in the wiring harness. Check for rodent damage
  13. J

    Septic drain field repair and install

    I redid my entire system back in February of this year. Ended up putting the new tank back in the same location as the old tank due to space limitations. That took extra time to get it out. It took two solid days to get everything done. I do have experience running an excavator so that helped...
  14. J

    M7040 Hydraulic Filters Change - Anyone Used The Suction Method to Reduce the Mess

    I have done it on the M6040 and ZD331, I cannot remember for sure but one of them actually pulled oil into the shop vac, about 1/2 a gallon. It might have been the M as the normal oil level is only a few inches below the fill port.
  15. J

    M7040 Hydraulic Filters Change - Anyone Used The Suction Method to Reduce the Mess

    I have done it on my M6040. I would recommend having another person operate the shop vac instead of taping the hose to the fill port. I would rather not chance it coming loose when the hydraulic filter is not there.