ZD326S - Making me lose my hair...electrical issue

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
The ZD326 like all ZD series mowers has only the main ground cable running from the battery to the frame and all other ground wires are attached to the frame.
That takes it out of the realm of simple, then.

I'd be looking for what caused that ground wire to try to carry some extra load. Perhaps some other ground wire(s) failed.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
'Nuther thought: How is the starter motor grounded? That's usually assumed to be good, but you know what 'assume' does.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
You probably should contact your dealer as they replaced the wiring harness, and yet they did not perform the PSB which addresses the exact condition you were experiencing. Their failure to perform the PSB has damaged your harness and as you open the loom, will probably find more damage.

Your picture in post #5 clearly shows the harness ground wire is installed with the negative cable rather than on the separate bolt per PSB-2008-028-B.

The PSB is attached to post #4 and the wiring diagram is attached to post #11.
Agree 100%. If the bulletin is still active, Kubota may even buy him a new harness, etc. But he's got to reiterate that the bulletin and what it entails, is addressed by the dealer, as you've said. I've seen many times where dealer techs get in a rush and forget to look at past bulletins. Sometimes they just don't know, sometimes they don't know how, sometimes they're new and don't care, sometimes they're rushed. But it needs to be done on every single unit that comes through the work bay, IMO.