ZD28 Charging System

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I know this is a long shot but FWIW, check the fuse bar with the 5 fuses. In the last 2 years I've had to twice take the fuse block off and all the fuses out to clean them thoroughly and also put some contact cleaner in there. I think the problem is that these machines are quite old (mine is a 2002) and as they sit around the contacts corrode as they get oxidized. In addition, mowing is inherently a dirty job as clippings, dirt, etc., all get tossed around and some winds up fouling the fuse contacts.

I think that this is a poor design to have those fuses just sitting exposed like they are. Kubota should have encased the fuse block with at least a cover if not a case. If anyone has come up with a good way to protect the fuse block via a cover or case I'd love to know about it.
agree 100%, kind of a poor setup. Fuse block gets covered in grass, nobody blows that stuff off and it gets wet (moisture) and corrodes everything. Then they get to buy a new harness. I've done a bunch of them for this very reason.