Z122R solenoid clicking but no start

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, there's TWO ways to 'jumper' the solenoid

1) big fat cable between the two big studs. This puts battery +12 to the starter motor , high current )

2) battery feed to the control wire tab. This powers the actual solenoid coil,which connects +12 to the starter motor.

It's unclear which procedure you're doing.

#1 bypasses the solenoid
#2 mimics the 'key start'

BellefonteBill

Equipment
Z251KH-254
Jun 30, 2024
Bellefonte,PA
Hello,

I take my regular auto battery jumper cable and attach one lead to the starter, and then sit in the seat with the key on and touch the other side of the jumper cable to the hot side of the solenoid. Then crank til it starts.

Thank you
Bill

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I have the same zero. Had this problem a few yrs ago. When it does run do you get any misfires too?
After many hrs of beating my head against the wall I finally traced it to bad wiring on the voltage regulator.

Reactions: 1 user

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I have the same zero. Had this problem a few yrs ago. When it does run do you get any misfires too?
After many hrs of beating my head against the wall I finally traced it to bad wiring on the voltage regulator.
This is where i made repairs. Red wire comes from voltage regulator. I would have same issues as you. When it did run I would get intermittent misfire. Turn off pto it would level out. Bad wiring was not allowing enough voltage to flow affected running and safety switches for no start condition. Maybe?🤷

Attachments