WTB D950 Flywheel Bolts

MrSkeeter

Equipment
B8200HST-D
Aug 7, 2024
Ohio
Greetings. I’m new to the forum and quickly learning this place is a wealth of information and advice. I recently picked up a non-running B8200HST-D from an equipment jockey. When I got it home, I found out water had run down the exhaust, filled the cylinders and seized the engine. Because of this, the liners were in rough shape, so I went ahead and tore it down in hopes of doing a rebuild. I found out there were two cracks in the engine block so I had to go a different direction. I found a D950 diesel engine in a Jacobson commercial real mower locally, and I am in the process of completing an engine swap.

I am currently looking for two of the older style (from what I’ve read) bushing style flywheel bolts as mine are galled pretty badly. My local dealer has them available for $45 each and I’ve already checked eBay. Does anyone have some looking for a forever home? Haha I am willing to pay, hopefully less than $90.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I should have some, let me dig into my pile of bolts, I'll get back to you this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSkeeter

Equipment
B8200HST-D
Aug 7, 2024
Ohio
I should have some, let me dig into my pile of bolts, I'll get back to you this afternoon.
Awesome! I’m willing to pay or trade for something you need. I’ve got two d950 engines. The doner was on a Jacobsen reel mower, so some of the parts are different.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry I don't have a pair like yours, mine have good threads, I can mess up the threads then send them to ya! HAHAHA :p

20240807_172904.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh and FYI:
99% of the time they end up that way because someone put the flywheel on wrong, there is a very slight difference in the hole alignment when it's wrong, so hand thread them in past the collar before wrenching on them.

MrSkeeter

Equipment
B8200HST-D
Aug 7, 2024
Ohio
Oh and FYI:
99% of the time they end up that way because someone put the flywheel on wrong, there is a very slight difference in the hole alignment when it's wrong, so hand thread them in past the collar before wrenching on them.
Yes, I read that in an earlier discussion post and figured it out myself when I was sitting there staring at marks on the flywheel and alignment plate wondering what they were for. Turns out, they are there for a reason.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully, this saves someone else from making a mistake during reassembly.

Attachments

MrSkeeter

Equipment
B8200HST-D
Aug 7, 2024
Ohio
Sorry I don't have a pair like yours, mine have good threads, I can mess up the threads then send them to ya! HAHAHA :p

View attachment 134495

MrSkeeter

Equipment
B8200HST-D
Aug 7, 2024
Ohio
Wolfman hooked me up the flywheel bolts, but I will reach out to Brad for some other parts I’m looking for.

Thank you!