Woodmax Order Concerns/Considerations

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I will offer this little horror story as a comparative measure.

Back in early February I ordered a commercial gas range from a well established online supplier. The website said the range was instock and ready to ship. The next day sales called to inform me the optional backguard I had ordered was not in stock and was backordered. I was offered the choice of canceling the order or a partial shipment of the range with back guard to follow as soon as they received it. Expected in a " couple months". Since the range was on sale and canceling would cost me several thousand dollars I agreed to accept partial shipment which arrived in a matter of days.

A month passes and no sign of the back guard so I call for a status update. Sales is very cooperative and calls supplier to check. Supplier says they are in the process of moving their production faciilty and it will be several more months before they have anything to ship.

Several more months pass and I call seller who once again calls supplier. Now supplier says they wont even have an ETA on the backordered item until after move is complete and production resumes which they now expect to be early NEXT YEAR.

Woodmax is looking very good in comparison.

I dont blame anybody for my kitchen SNAFU but I am in possession of a range that I cannot install as planned because it is goes against a combustible wall and the high back guard is required for fire protection. After mulling the situation over I have decided to cancel the back guard order and give the kitchen wall a fancy new full height stone backsplash.....
Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users