Winter??

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
What all should I do to get ready for winter with my B6000? It can get as low as -40 but not for very long at a time but it does stay below freezing and lots of snow.

I don't know all the history with my tractor it had sat out side with just a tarp and I have it in side a shed but no heat.

Do I need to use anything in the fuel and can I go to Wally World and get my coolant? I changed the oil and put 10-30 SAE is the best way to go?

Any comments would be great, it is worn but a great little tractor and I'm trying to rebuild it as I can but don't want any unknown trouble if I can prevent them. Thanks, Jerry :)

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Jerry,

Storing your tractor in that shed is about the best thing you could do to preserve it. Fresh fluids, filter change, and a good cooling system flush with new anti-freeze / water mix would be good too.

The only other thing I can think of is a block heater.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Keeping your battery hooked-up to a small "battery tender" will also help to keep it in full charge condition.

I'm no expert, just my friendly advice.:)

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
Sounds good to me, but i'm noe expert either.... keeping it out of thw Wind is Most important.

I installed a flow through block heater on mine for the Really Cold times here in Canada.

You might want to try Synthetic Diesel Oil too, that stuff is Super Slippery even in the Cold.

I Did not know you Got -40 in New Hampshire though, i thought all the USA got a max of -20

Bubba

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I Did not know you Got -40 in New Hampshire though, i thought all the USA got a max of -20

Bubba
I think I still feel the chill in my bones from -42° and -60° windchill in Iowa 1984..........................dad wanted to cut wood that day :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
I Use a 5W-30 Synthetic in everything i own, Truck, Lawnmower, Tractor, etc..

They have 10W-30 Synthetic Oil too.

Year Round it works Better than Standard Grade Oil, Esp. in Winter Starts.