Will you buy from EA again?

Will you purchase from Everything Attachments again?

• I will if I don't have to pay in advance of production.

• I will even if I have to pay in advance of production.

• I won't under any circumstances.

• Only if they make good on my past payment.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe too far off topic, but quite a few years ago I got into a serious conversation with my mother in law about that because I had also wondered the same for many years.

Her first answer was she didn’t make enough money to leave. I’d done her taxes the previous couple years (she and her husband filed separately) and she wasn’t wealthy by any means, but the numbers didn’t add up to me. A bit of discussion later, and an offer for my wife and I to make up any shortfall if that was the only reason, she admitted that was an excuse and asked if I wanted the real reason. I did. She said it was better than being alone. Just to clarify, I asked her if it was really better to spend 30 years living with someone who beat you on average twice a week and occasionally stuck a rifle barrel in your mouth to ensure you listened to their rant. She said yes, in her opinion being alone was far more terrifying than having a drunk man point a loaded gun at her now and then between beatings.

Told her I lived by myself for a few years between leaving my parents home and getting married so I didn’t agree, but if she ever changed her mind and wanted some help financially or otherwise, call us. About a year later, her husband didn’t just threaten, he pulled the trigger. Twice. He was so drunk he missed. They were inside their singlewide trailer so couldn’t have been any distance apart. She didn’t call the police; the neighbors did.

After the police left, she called. Got her a hotel for a couple days. My wife’s sister and her husband had just bought a house and were looking to sell the old singlewide they started out in so they gave it to her. Wife’s brother was going through his first or second divorce (I have a hard time keeping his numerous marriages and resulting offspring straight) so he moved in with her to split bills and provide security. We bought the furniture and other stuff she needed to set up basic housekeeping. They never divorced but also never spoke or saw each other again even though they lived only about 300 yards from each other, her in the trailer park on the north side of the rail line and him in the trailer park on the south side. He died about 15 years ago, but that’s another story.

A few years later, her son had found wife number three (or maybe two of four… whatever) son moved out and she was truly living alone. After about a year of that I asked her if living alone was actually worse than living with constant abuse. She said it was kind of a close call because both were good and bad for different reasons but she still thought alone was a bit worse. 20 years later she’s happy living alone.

Anyway, based on a survey of one: living with an abuser is better than living alone. (I vehemently disagree BTW).
Sad story, but.......Way off track!

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: If you paid with a CC, you probably already got your money back from the last time

You ONLY get your money back ( from the CC company ) IF you call them BEFORE the 'charge back' time limit. That's 60 days minimum from date of posting, some CCs are 90 days ( need to read YOUR cards 'fine print' )
It seems several here had no problem waiting 3,4, 6 months or more for their prepaid in full item BUT the 'clock ran out' for them to get their coins back from their CC company.
The real 'poll' to have is
Did you order from EA AND get back your money from CC company ?

The ones I really feel for, are the guys who paid high interest on the unpaid monthly balance and STILL got NOTHING.

Reactions: 1 users

Sidekick

Equipment
RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I use PayPal where I can. They hold payment until an item ships and then the clock starts for most items. They have been very good at recovering charges for broken things from China with no support.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Once again, so many on this and other forums who have never bought anything from EA are obsessed with this whole thing.

The poll question is "Will you buy from EA again?" which implies that the question is directed to those who have actually bought implements from EA rather than many here who haven't.

I'm not in implement buying mode at the moment, or at least not looking for anything that EA makes, but if/when I am I'll certainly look at EA if they're in good standing at that time. It's not hard to order on a credit card and cancel at a later date, but I don't want to wait for months only to have to start the whole process again with another vendor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
So far it's 2 to 1 to buy again but ONLY if NOT paying up front. Shows that 2/3rds of past purchasers have changed their minds about 'pay now, cross fingers' purchasing from EA.
Seems that EA will have to change their 'business model' to get orders.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in profile-about)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
It's not hard to order on a credit card and cancel at a later date, but I don't want to wait for months only to have to start the whole process again with another vendor.
Well, that's not exactly the whole situation...it's more like:
  1. order an implement from EA on credit
  2. pay the interest on the full purchase price
  3. wait 60 or so days
  4. file a claim
  5. wait for the claim to process
  6. wait to get your money back
  7. place another order with EA
  8. pay more interest
  9. wait another two months
  10. file another claim
  11. again wait for the claim to process
  12. wait again for your money back
  13. get black-listed by EA for repeatedly effing them (in their eyes)
  14. and then do what you should have done up front and order from a reliable company...
  15. ...and wait 1 to 4 months for delivery (given 2-4 weeks to ship and 2-4 weeks to pick up the implement and time in transit).
MAYBE that's why EA isn't shipping items, maybe Ted is parking inside the building so the bank doesn't see him and building implements one at a time and selling them out the back. IF that's the case--which is an "if" I clearly am speculating about--guess what the warranty is... (diddly squat)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I haven't purchased from EA. A couple weeks ago I priced out a set of pallet forks from them.

They came in at about $1300 for a set with 4ft forks.

Mind you, I could get a set from the dealer I purchased my tractor from for $950.

I ordered a set of pallet forks from titan products. The 5ft forks Were $40 more then the 4ft forks.

I got a set of 5ft qa pallet forks for $800 delivered to my house.

The QA frame can also be used for a bale spear and also has a 2" reciever mount so it can be used to dolly trailers around.

I can remove the forks pretty easy if needed.

So.... I probably wont be purchasing anything from EA.
1000017306.jpg

1000017305.jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I haven't purchased from EA. A couple weeks ago I priced out a set of pallet forks from them.

They came in at about $1300 for a set with 4ft forks.

Mind you, I could get a set from the dealer I purchased my tractor from for $950.

I ordered a set of pallet forks from titan products. The 5ft forks Were $40 more then the 4ft forks.

I got a set of 5ft qa pallet forks for $800 delivered to my house.

The QA frame can also be used for a bale spear and also has a 2" reciever mount so it can be used to dolly trailers around.

I can remove the forks pretty easy if needed.

So.... I probably wont be purchasing anything from EA. View attachment 131979
View attachment 131978
Not all forks are created equally!
IMHO, EA forks are a better design.
Note: In your photo, the face of the forks protrudes significantly beyond the face of the"headrack".
The EA forks are built with the headrack face flush with the face of the forks.
When carrying a tall item on the EA forks, the item cannot tilt back during transport.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not all forks are created equally!
IMHO, EA forks are a better design.
Note: In your photo, the face of the forks protrudes significantly beyond the face of the"headrack".
The EA forks are built with the headrack face flush with the face of the forks.
When carrying a tall item on the EA forks, the item cannot tilt back during transport.
How long does it take to get them from EA??? Would you get your product???

Did you not see what I was moving with the forks???

I bought them to make my life easier moving brush and logs.

Maybe moving the occasional pallet of sod.

I don't need a "Superior product" that might be made and shipped to me sometime in the next 6 months. 😉😉😉😉

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
How long does it take to get them from EA??? Would you get your product???

Did you not see what I was moving with the forks???

I bought them to make my life easier moving brush and logs.

Maybe moving the occasional pallet of sod.

I don't need a "Superior product" that might be made and shipped to me sometime in the next 6 months. 😉😉😉😉
I do have an older set of forks, similar to the style you have. (they are for sale)
If always moving the same or similar items, I am sure those forks will just work fine for you.
My life is not that organized, so I never know what my next need for forks might be
As an example: I could move a refrigerator, without fear of it tipping backward, and being damaged.
As I recall, my EA forks arrived about 45 days after ordering, and they definitely ARE a "superior product".

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
How do you measure superior?
Let’s say we both own a set of pallet forks rated for 4000lbs and they have the same features such as a flush back rest and such.
If both can do the job they are rated to do, which is superior?
The one with additional features on it?
The lower cost one?
The one that is over built for the rated job but is also more expensive?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I do have an older set of forks, similar to the style you have. (they are for sale)
If always moving the same or similar items, I am sure those forks will just work fine for you.
My life is not that organized, so I never know what my next need for forks might be
As an example: I could move a refrigerator, without fear of it tipping backward, and being damaged.
As I recall, my EA forks arrived about 45 days after ordering, and they definitely ARE a "superior product".
Whenever I move a fridge, I haul it with my trailer, and then strap it to my two wheeled dolly to unload. I have a tailgate ramp on my trailer so I can just wheel it down the ramp.

Now.... when it comes time to move my couch and love seat 🤔🤔😁😁😁 I'll slide them on the forks and get them as close to the house as possible.

Those built in recliners add some serious weight to a couch or love seat. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

If tipping is a worry, I can always strap a couple 2x6 to the rack when needed to take up the space.

I received my pallet forks in 3 days, and saved $600 to use somewhere else 😬😬😬

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Whenever I move a fridge, I haul it with my trailer, and then strap it to my two wheeled dolly to unload. I have a tailgate ramp on my trailer so I can just wheel it down the ramp.

Now.... when it comes time to move my couch and love seat 🤔🤔😁😁😁 I'll slide them on the forks and get them as close to the house as possible.

Those built in recliners add some serious weight to a couch or love seat. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

If tipping is a worry, I can always strap a couple 2x6 to the rack when needed to take up the space.

I received my pallet forks in 3 days, and saved $600 to use somewhere else 😬😬😬
You could have saved MUCH more than $600, by simply buying a Rural King tractor, instead of a Kubota!:D:D

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I didn't buy a Kubota. I saved $6,000 and purchased a Massey Ferguson 😁😁😁
My bad!
I already knew that.
Your Massey looks very nice.
I have never bought a new tractor, and have not bought a new car since 1992.

Last edited: