Will this grader blade work on BX25?

Swampcreek

Equipment
2013 BX25 TLB Piranha Tooth Bar, BXpanded Body Armor
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
Hi, my first post here. I am a new owner of a 2013 BX25. There is an old Ferguson heacy duty 6' grader blade for sale locally for $75, I know the BX25 calls for a 5' blade but could this work? Could 6 inches be cut off each side if it's too big? The owner did state it fits a catagory 1 hitch so I assume even though it's an Ferguson implement it should hook right up to my Kabota, am I right? I understand these may be a very basic questions but I'm new to this tractor stuff but I have waited a very long time to finally get one, I am spending enough on extras to make the wife nervous and figure the Ferguson blade could be an opportunity to save a few bucks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Depends on what you are moving......a little snow will be fine, lots of snow ....mmmm, gonna be tougher.

I would not cut off six inches!

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
There is a good chance that you may not be able to pick that blade up off the ground very high. Maybe only a couple of inches. :eek:

With the blade boom parallel to the ground measure how high the pins are from the ground and then check your tractor to see how high it will be able to lift the blade.

Go from there.

Good luck. :)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There is a good chance that you may not be able to pick that blade up off the ground very high. Maybe only a couple of inches. :eek:

Good luck. :)

Depending on the quality of build of the 6' blade - and how much steel is in it! The Bx25 is rated at almost 1000 pounds.......now the blade sticks back a ways so if that blade get up around 600 pounds - it may NOT pick it up......

aint but one way to find out!!!! Careful going up hills!:D:) Load your FEL up!

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I have a standard Cat 1 blade. When the frame is level, (for angle grading) the BX arms are about halfway up. Not much lift left. For straight grading, I have to keep the top link shorter. That works as I don't need to go below ground level more than a couple of inches. Hydraulic top link would be great!

Bruce

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Depending on the quality of build of the 6' blade - and how much steel is in it! The Bx25 is rated at almost 1000 pounds.......now the blade sticks back a ways so if that blade get up around 600 pounds - it may NOT pick it up......

aint but one way to find out!!!! Careful going up hills!:D:) Load your FEL up!
My post had NOTHING to do about weight, but pin height from the ground. Doesn't do much good to get a deal on a rear blade and then have the hitch on the tractor fully raised just to get the implement hitched up. Pretty tough to pick the blade up off the ground when the hitch is fully raised just to get hitched up. :eek:

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
If it doesn't work, spray can it and sell for $200. :)

Bruce
That might be just what I do...I'll check to see if one of my larger tractor owning friends needs it first. There is another one which is a 5' blade made by Wallace Automotive for $150 that I might go look at, it looks more along the lines of what I see advertised for the BX's. I never heard of Wallace Automotive but their site lists all kinds of tractor and mining equipment of course all without prices posted. I hate that, there are a lot of things I would have bought if the price was posted but I moved on to something else. For some reason I guess some sellers think it's a good idea for someone comparison shopping to just keep moving along.

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
I went with the Wallace Automotive 5 footer, got it for $120, it's directional and heavily built. I should have bought the Fergusen too, I told a friend about it but by the time he called it was gone, I'd of like to seen him get it.