Why it was a great weekend

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Not that this has anything to do with maint. or repair but a fiew of you will appreciate this: I went over to my brother in laws and harrowed about 2 acers of his property for him........So what? You say......Well let me set the stage; it's Florida, 72 degrees, sunny, a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky. My 10 month old was helping drive (don't dare take him off the tractor if dad is driving) and all I can hear for almost two hours is the hum of the 'bota and the smell of freshly turned soil. My Kid is having a ball (and so was I). We got done and my Brother in law asks me to take a ride with him. A guy I know is giving away an old Snapper tractor that he didn't want any more. My brother in law wants it, so we go. We get there and get the tractor loaded up and the guy says to me,"Hey you want this tractor too?". Sitting there is an old and very abused G6200 kubota diesel. He Started it up, and it runs with no smoke! He says,"I dont use it any more and I want it out of the barn!". I asked how much and he says, "free just get it out of here." Before he had a chance to change his mind we loaded it up! (like, drove it on the trailer) I told him I was looking for a finish mower and to keep his ear out for one for sale. He says, "I got one in the other barn that came with the big tractor that I never use, I might sell it". So......We go to look. What he has is a NEW (like still has the paint under the deck) 60" Kubota finish mower sitting next to a Kawasaki Mule, both with about a ton of dirt on them. He tells me that he doesn't know what the mower is worth (never a good sign). He also says that he REALY wants to fix the Mule but doesn't know what wrong. So, I go pokeing my head around a bit, and he says, " Son if you can fix that mule I'll give you that finish mower".
Now ............Fellas, I put my self through college Fixin' and before the dust stopped swirln' I had the tool box out. Two hours and a can of Carb cleaner later he was riding around the property on his mule and I was loading up my finish mower. And that is what I call a GREAT weekend!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Like they say (and it's true) Good things happen to good people.

Congratulations on such a wonderful day, I'm sure you deserved it from good things you have done in the past. They always come back and get paid in dividends.

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Jwb you deserved that one .:)I remember when you were cleaning other driveways out for your neighbors etc as traildust said good things come to them that give.handy

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
That Jwb was indeed a great weekend.The kind we all dream of.:D:D:D:D Dusty
Ummmm......honestly? I have never in my life dreamed of a weekend like that. My dreams are much more realistic. I hit the lotto and buy the kubota and the mower!

Congtrats JWB!

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Now that is way cool!!!! You just never know.
Leasted you did not have to be one of the guys at American Pickers!
Congrats!
Will

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Now that is way cool!!!! You just never know.
Leasted you did not have to be one of the guys at American Pickers!
Congrats!
Will
I agree. Luckily those guys don't know how. To fix brakes, fuel pumps, starters, carburetors, and master cylinders. I had to do all that to get the mule fixed. The Guy wanted it fixed BAD. Kinda crazy but I guess another man junk is another's treasure.
JWB