Who's Using a Trickle Charger / Battery Tender?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Since country of origin was mentioned eariler in this thread, I checked my two 1.25 amp Battery Tenders. The rather old one was made in China, the rather new one was made in Vietnam. I rotate the two between the ten seasonal batteries keeping them connected about three days each time.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Im not talking about the 120v end. The battery end. All my batteries are hardwired with a SAE 2 prong plug. The NOCO does not use that. They have their special widget.
Deltran is a sponsor. I run their Li batteries in my race bikes. I get em for a little less than most folks.
Ah Ha !

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This came from You of all people
Yup,.... with the NOCO mode selector, you must "run out to the shed" to select from 6V to 12V to 24V etc.
You have a Battery Tender that will automatically switch itself for charging various voltage batteries without a "run out to the shed"?
I gotta get me one of those!

So now you're tellin me it's NOT that case? Which is it?

I think you missed the subtle mockery in my first sentence.
The second sentence (question) amplifies the first,.... with a question mark.
I did not intend confusion.

No action is required to reactivate a NOCO charger after a power interruption.

YOU stated that YOU would have to "run out to the shed" after each power interruption to reset the charger.
That is not correct!

Per NOCO customer service: "No MANUAL reset is required after a power interruption"!
Should be no confusion about that!

This came from You of all people
Yup,.... with the NOCO mode selector, you must "run out to the shed" to select from 6V to 12V to 24V etc.
You have a Battery Tender that will automatically switch itself for charging various voltage batteries without a "run out to the shed"?
I gotta get me one of those!

So now you're tellin me it's NOT that case? Which is it?

Last edited:

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
I think you missed the subtle mockery in my first sentence.
The second sentence (question) amplifies the first,.... with a question mark.
I did not intend confusion.

No action is required to reactivate a NOCO charger after a power interruption.

YOU stated that YOU would have to "run out to the shed" after each power interruption to reset the charger.
That is not correct!

Per NOCO customer service: "No MANUAL reset is required after a power interruption"!
Should be no confusion about that!
I asked if I would as I had a different maintainer that every time power hiccupped and (it does it a lot here) I had to constantly go out back and reset the charger otherwise it would just sit there and "blink". That thing went in the trash quickly. So I was simply ASKING if the NOCO would require that

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I asked if I would as I had a different maintainer that every time power hiccupped and (it does it a lot here) I had to constantly go out back and reset the charger otherwise it would just sit there and "blink". That thing went in the trash quickly. So I was simply ASKING if the NOCO would require that
Understood!

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Understood!
Anyway I like that 1 amp NOCO. I may grab one for my generator battery as it uses a small (motorcycle sized) 12V and oddly does not have a charging system to charge the starting battery. Go figure. So I may grab one of those small NOCO units and simply mount it to the genset

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Anyway I like that 1 amp NOCO. I may grab one for my generator battery as it uses a small (motorcycle sized) 12V and oddly does not have a charging system to charge the starting battery. Go figure. So I may grab one of those small NOCO units and simply mount it to the genset
That NOCO 1 amp currently being sold on Amazon for $29.47 is absolutely the best bang for the buck!
The NOCO brand has an excellent reputation!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users