Which came first, the chicken or the egg...... Spun tire off rim.....Damn it!

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I think we all know better than that! šŸ˜‚

Time to get your front tires foam filled!

It actually is a very good value and not crazy expensive because the front tires are small. Never regretted foam filling the front tires on my B2910 20+ years ago. Never regretted it.

Edit: Guess I repeated ā€œnever regretted itā€ but that is truly the way I feelā€¦šŸ™‚
Whats the average price to have front tires foam filled?

just curious.... sounds like a good idea.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
No matter what you do, don't foam-fill your front tires. That will deprive us of hearing about your next tire mishap. Take it back to the dealer to have them swap the direction of the tire. I can't believe that they charged that much to put air into the tire. Buy a cheap Horror Freight tire machine and learn how to do your own tires. Small tires are easy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I'd guess the whole incident with the tire began with low air pressure, then spinning i mud, then the bead thrown off the wheel.
Bingo. Low air pressure came first.

Roll overs are often caused by driving on slopes with low air pressure in (usually) rear tires.

Tire peels from rim, tractor slips sideways, rim catches ground, rock, stump, etc., and tractor rolls over on slope that it would easily negotiate otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We need the federal and state governments to mandate tire pressure monitors with flashing red lights on the dashboard of low tire pressures. If a tire gets to a predetermined minimum air pressure, there should be a loud horn starts blowing intermittently and the tractor is disabled. We need another law to protect ourselves from ourselves.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
No matter what you do, don't foam-fill your front tires. That will deprive us of hearing about your next tire mishap. Take it back to the dealer to have them swap the direction of the tire. I can't believe that they charged that much to put air into the tire. Buy a cheap Horror Freight tire machine and learn how to do your own tires. Small tires are easy.
Hahahah (y)

Ironically, I do have one of those tire machines, and you're right they actually work pretty good.

A couple of things happened, seemingly all at once, that lead to my final decision.

1. I was pissed off.
2. I was hot and tired.
3. The tire was an absolute mess with the dirt and "Kubota Fix A Flat" slopped everywhere.
4. I had just ingested my 2nd Rum and Seltzer.
5. I was unsure if my compressor had enough "ummphhh" to seat the bead.
6. I am presuming that after multiple drinks, seating a bead using "ether" and a match, is not OSHA approved;)

I made the "command decision" to just wait till morning, and take it to the dealer.

But back in the day boy....I would have had that ether in one hand and a match in the other.......ahhh to be young again......šŸ»

Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Whats the average price to have front tires foam filled?

just curious.... sounds like a good idea.
Not sure what the price might be today. I am sure you have to be careful Where you get it done. I used a large tire dealer that does a lot of repairs on heavy equipment, agricultural tractors. They donā€™t sub the job, they do it themselves.

If someone is in the area north of Pittsburgh, this place is Skander Tire & Auto Service, located at 1667 Evans City Road, Evans City, PA. Just the satisfied customer. As are my son-in-law and his father.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Every time that I hear about ether and a match I cringe. I treated a fellow that tried the ether and a match and the tire came up and hit him in the head. Even simple head wounds bleed like stuffed pigs, so it wasn't something that I would have ever tried, even in my younger days. My goal is to live to 100 and I know that I won't make it if I do dumb things along the way. I am more cautious today than I ever was in the past. I think back to when I was 20 working on a construction site one summer, and I asked the steel worker to teach me how to walk across a steel beam. He told me to put one foot in front of the other, and not to look down. I made it across the 20' beam, and said to myself, now that I have done it once, there is no reason to do it a second time. If you fall, there is no safety net!

Reactions: 1 users

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Your experience seem to mimic my own.

Low tire pressure makes it easy to roll off the rim especially the front. Once done in the dirt and possible damage to the sealing surfaces makes possible a slow leak point.
Tire sealants help with leaks but they also seem to react with the air and reduce tire pressure over time.

Had a similar incident with the M59 front tire grubbing out a stubborn sapling in a ditch bank. Got the tire remounted and sealant back in the tire. They used handfuls of tire grease to reseat the bead. I added Gemplerā€™s bulletproof sealant. It developed a bulge of several inches between the tread and inner tire. Must have damaged the tire lining. Instead of the flat R4 tread it was domed at one spot. Could hear it squish sealant and give a lumpy ride. Did not lose air. Bought a new tire to replace. Lived with lumpy for about a month finishing up some end of season chores. Waiting for a convenient time to take off and repair. Other irons in the fire kept postponing. Then noticed it wasnā€™t as lumpy?? After a year canā€™t tell a difference from either side. I move a lot heavy trees on hillsides and abusive tire environment. Never would have imagined tire sealant could fix a lumpy tire. Still have the spare just in case.

Keep them stories coming. Good therapy for us both.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
We need the federal and state governments to mandate tire pressure monitors with flashing red lights on the dashboard of low tire pressures. If a tire gets to a predetermined minimum air pressure, there should be a loud horn starts blowing intermittently and the tractor is disabled. We need another law to protect ourselves from ourselves.
šŸ¤£
Don't use hair dryer while showering.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Every time that I hear about ether and a match I cringe. I treated a fellow that tried the ether and a match and the tire came up and hit him in the head. Even simple head wounds bleed like stuffed pigs, so it wasn't something that I would have ever tried, even in my younger days. My goal is to live to 100 and I know that I won't make it if I do dumb things along the way. I am more cautious today than I ever was in the past. I think back to when I was 20 working on a construction site one summer, and I asked the steel worker to teach me how to walk across a steel beam. He told me to put one foot in front of the other, and not to look down. I made it across the 20' beam, and said to myself, now that I have done it once, there is no reason to do it a second time. If you fall, there is no safety net!
Done it many a time but you need to secure the wheel down somehow 1st.