Which box scraper and rear blade ?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
First off, if your tilt cylinder is allowing the hitch to sag to one side, sag at all really, then the piston seals need to be replaced. With the cylinder-s disconnected, the hydraulics should be rock solid and should not move at all.
As far as being a pain to hitch up when your hitch has sagged, why not adjust the side link to compensate for that sag? :unsure:

3 pt hitch Top & tilt cylinders would compensate for most of those irregularities. ;)
Well to be honest, whenever I have gone to hook it up I have gotten pretty wrapped around the axle (OE) and just gone to get the hi lift jacket and and get on with it….i never thought about adjusting the side link. I’ll give it a try next time now though. 👍 🥃

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I bought a Land Pride RB3796 when I bought the MX6000 open station a few years ago. Rather foolishly I sold it with the MX for what I had in it i.e. $1,750. They're now up around $2,500 so it was a mistake to sell it but I didn't think I'd use it much once I bought a box blade and land leveler from EA. I now realize that it could be useful in the winter months to push snow over the edge of the lower driveway because I can't always get close enough to the edge with the 96" snow blade to safely push the build up down the hill. It would be useful for some other projects too, but would mostly see winter use on the back of the M6060.

If I ever buy another rear blade it would most likely be the RBT3596 that @MtnViewRanch mentioned. It's only $4,775 at Heartland Kubota in Sheridan, WY. 😂 Option 2 would be to buy another RB3796 and add hydraulic cylinders and hoses which could be accomplished for a lot less than the $2,225 difference between it and the RBT3596.

View attachment 136037
Take a look at the Bison blades. They are a bit cheaper than Landpride and I think they’re more heavy duty. This is the one I have. I believe they have distributors in your area also.

Reactions: 1 user

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Take a look at the Bison blades. They are a bit cheaper than Landpride and I think they’re more heavy duty. This is the one I have. I believe they have distributors in your area also.
I thought that you were running an 8' rear blade? :unsure:

I wish that Bison had a cat 1-2 all hydraulic blade available. Back when the LP blades were around $3K and less, I used to recommend them all the time for the cat 1 machines 35-50HP

Attachments

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I thought that you were running an 8' rear blade? :unsure:

I wish that Bison had a cat 1-2 all hydraulic blade available. Back when the LP blades were around $3K and less, I used to recommend them all the time for the cat 1 machines 35-50HP
My mistake. Yes mine is 8’, but it’s the same blade I posted with a shorter moldboard. Yes it appears that the only hydraulic Bison blades are category 2. They sure are stout and well built.