What to get the wife?

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Since we are talking electrical gifts for the wives, I got mine a 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. She is still struggling with the idea of plugging it in. I told her just to make sure that it has gas in the fuel tank and not to worry about the "electrical tank" that I would take care of that. I have been telling her that when the battery runs out she needs to push. The other day on the way back from the dealer in Melbourne, we ran out of battery and the car seamlessly switched to gas. I asked if she was pushing and she flat out said yes. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That is absolutely a correct observation. It is located on the island of panglao in the southern Pacific. We are planning to do the snowbird thing In a couple years.
I was going to guess Hawaii, but most tropical places look quite similar. I was married to a wonderful Chinese/Filipino woman for 23 years. The best presents I ever bought her were an Omega watch and some one carat (each) diamond earrings. She loved both of those gifts. The best present she ever bought me was a large framed map of the US that I still have and still enjoy. I have a thing for maps. Maps make great presents for those that like them. I bought a 185 year old map (certified) of Ireland as a birthday present for a woman I was dating. She is of Irish ancestry and loved the map.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
She asked for a new washing machine, so I got her 2 so she can pick the one that she likes. No expense was spared in purchasing the finest ones manufactured.
I also got her a sexy negligée and tried talking her out of it to no avail. Last year I got her one that was so sheer that it was like wearing nothing, however, I forgot to take the price tags off of it. When she saw what it cost she decided to not wear it and return it for a cash refund. One night she appeared at the top of the stairs with nothing on and asked what I thought about the new negligée. Even with my poor eyesight I could clearly see the wrinkles. I commented that they least that she could have done was to iron it before putting it on. I had 2 black eyes for a month after that. I barely remember everything that happened after she threw the iron at me.

MVC-011L.JPG
MVC-012L.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I noticed while we were dating that the girlfriend (now spousal unit) liked Justin Timberlake songs…yep…Step one, cut a hole in the box. Now that is a real gift from a man about town that says you care.

For some damn reason when ever we get a package, the leftover boxes are thrown out / recylcled immediately ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I was going to guess Hawaii, but most tropical places look quite similar. I was married to a wonderful Chinese/Filipino woman for 23 years. The best presents I ever bought her were an Omega watch and some one carat (each) diamond earrings. She loved both of those gifts. The best present she ever bought me was a large framed map of the US that I still have and still enjoy. I have a thing for maps. Maps make great presents for those that like them. I bought a 185 year old map (certified) of Ireland as a birthday present for a woman I was dating. She is of Irish ancestry and loved the map.
You are both a nice guy and a gentleman. May I suggest you get a dog instead of a woman so you have a companion that both appreciates you and stays with you for life.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You are both a nice guy and a gentleman. May I suggest you get a dog instead of a woman so you have a companion that both appreciates you and stays with you for life.
I have a dog, a Heeler mix. She loves to ride in the truck. :giggle:

rainee_truck.jpg

Reactions: 4 users