What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Never though of that - I was thinking maybe a street elbow and plug but then it doesn't get done. When oil change time comes again I just want/need to get it done and don't have the the parts due to lack of thinking ahead.

gg
I'm in the not thinking ahead group too. Lol. But now that you ARE thinking about it, Fumoto should have one that is the correct pitch and thread. It'll be in your toolbox for the next time!

Reactions: 1 user

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
In Wisconsin we've been getting inches of water a day for the past three weeks; I feel like Jeremy Clarkson his first season of farming, my well-draining high-ground is a swamp.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I promise this is the last post I’ll make about the continued fence post pulling project unless something spectacular happens like flipping the tractor.

Sometimes when I’m working at repetitious stuff by myself, I have some deep thoughts. Not common though, and not today.

Today when I got off to hook up a fence post that’s just past the tree line, it got me to thinking about what use those little front wheels are with the selectable front wheel assist. If you’re pulling a ripper or some tillage sort of thing on relatively flat ground, seems like the back wheels are doing about 98% of the work. Some situations, they just don’t seem to add much.

Then again, having run various 2WD tractors over the years, some with loaders some without, I can say with great confidence a 2WD tractor in the position shown in the first pic is in “phone a friend” territory even on dry ground such as this. Plus, try to lift something from there and you’re going for a ride to the closest immovable object if the rear wheels lighten up at all. 4WD, you just pull the post, back out, remove post from loader, and repeat. If you have slopes, 4WD (even selectable front wheel assist without large fronts) is the sh*t.
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I promise this is the last post I’ll make about the continued fence post pulling project unless something spectacular happens like flipping the tractor.

Sometimes when I’m working at repetitious stuff by myself, I have some deep thoughts. Not common though, and not today.

Today when I got off to hook up a fence post that’s just past the tree line, it got me to thinking about what use those little front wheels are with the selectable front wheel assist. If you’re pulling a ripper or some tillage sort of thing on relatively flat ground, seems like the back wheels are doing about 98% of the work. Some situations, they just don’t seem to add much.

Then again, having run various 2WD tractors over the years, some with loaders some without, I can say with great confidence a 2WD tractor in the position shown in the first pic is in “phone a friend” territory even on dry ground such as this. Plus, try to lift something from there and you’re going for a ride to the closest immovable object if the rear wheels lighten up at all. 4WD, you just pull the post, back out, remove post from loader, and repeat. If you have slopes, 4WD (even selectable front wheel assist without large fronts) is the sh*t. View attachment 130274 View attachment 130276
A BH (stretched out) removes all those concerns.

• Haha

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
....4WD (even selectable front wheel assist without large fronts) is the sh*t.
That L4701 is a beautiful tractor, thanks for the pictures.

I agree with you on 4WD; bringing 4WD to the U.S. helped Kubota become a dominant brand from what I read yesterday, and like you said on hills, especially slippery ones, it's awesome.

randy192003

Equipment
L3901
Jun 8, 2024
Vermont
Hello, my name is Randy, I have a L3901
It is 2016 I bought It and I carried it to Costa Rica for work, here it have been working well until the check of the picture turns on, the problem here is Costa Rica doesnt have a Kubota dealer and mechanicals from Kubota
I just have mechanicals of tractors on general, any comments or any suggestions are appreciated
Thank you so much for your time

Attachments

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
If it is impossible to get a Kubota dealer involved the only answer that I would have is to do a DPF delete. While many will object to tampering with emission systems, you are left with no choice. Search online for information and products to do the delete but be careful with sending payment to a supplier without checking references. Also, there might be laws where you are that prohibit tampering with emissions systems, you need to do a lot of homework.

Reactions: 2 users

randy192003

Equipment
L3901
Jun 8, 2024
Vermont
If it is impossible to get a Kubota dealer involved the only answer that I would have is to do a DPF delete. While many will object to tampering with emission systems, you are left with no choice. Search online for information and products to do the delete but be careful with sending payment to a supplier without checking references. Also, there might be laws where you are that prohibit tampering with emissions systems, you need to do a lot of homework.
Could you give your phone number to talk about?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have finished skidding the logs out and this morning I skidded the remaining tops out which I will buck & split into firewood.
IMG_5908.JPG

I prefer Red Oak for firewood.

IMG_5910.JPG

Snaking out the remaining Post Oak.

IMG_5911.JPG

It's kind of a mess but at least it is all to where I can get the chainsaw to it.

Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Took the little girl for a walk in woods and cut / hauled some rounds out. I really missed the MX today. Road crew kept an eye on everything. 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Could you give your phone number to talk about?
I wouldn't be much help since I never did a delete but I am aware of much of what goes on. Basically a Diesel Particulate Filter collects the carbon particles that can be seen as black smoke, and then burns them when needed. Eliminating that filter and altering the electronics will allow the engine to function as they did before emissions controls. Your best bet is to do the searching online and gather all the information that you can. Since suppliers of products that defeat emissions systems are targeted by various government agency's, those suppliers come and go quickly. Hopefully a member here can help you thru private messaging so that it draws no attention.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Banged out another "landscaping" job over the past 1.5 days. Client wanted to "screen out" the neighbor. Problem was the steep embankment and crap (rock) soil.

Here's how it looked when I measured it:

Newell original.JPG

Start

Newell start.JPG

Triaxle load of fill dirt. The U-27 is a little beastie.

Newell 4.JPG

Newell 5.JPG

add another triaxle load of screened topsoil

Newell 6.JPG

spread and got some holes dug for trees before dark

Newell 7.JPG

Done

Newell 9.JPG

and one more with Mrs Dirty helping today in the background. Thanks for the helps sweets.

Newell 10.JPG

on to the next one. I'm beat for today.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good catch…It’s black walnut…it suffered some storm damage. It would have had some value if you could get a machine large enough to handle it to where it was. My B could barely fit to get down to it / reach it….and a couple chunks at a time is all the little B could bring up the hill safely.