What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I've said this before but your dirt is just ridiculous. I'm green with envy over that. I have to drill 12 holes for the new pole barn build and I'm dreading it. It's going to be a goat rope for sure! 😖

The soil here is incredible for farming and landscaping. The downside is that the lack of real rock/bedrock is that our roads don't hold up very well.

I did come across 5 of these bad boys in the 8 holes I dug😁

20240601_142833.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I could tell that the back end was light with loaded tires and the phd with this in the bucket. Flat ground, slow and steady.

20240601_142531.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The soil here is incredible for farming and landscaping. The downside is that the lack of real rock/bedrock is that our roads don't hold up very well.

I did come across 5 of these bad boys in the 8 holes I dug😁

View attachment 129814
Whoa ... I bet you had to get a chain around that so that you could pull it out! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Whoa ... I bet you had to get a chain around that so that you could pull it out! 😂

Actually, need to plant it. Picked up two Maple and a Lindon that size, a smaller Oak, Weeping Willow and two apple trees from a nursery. The bigger tree will be tomorrow's project.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Yeah, I'm not doing that! The berms in this case are 45 degrees at least and I offered to cut a 5ft swath around the base if I could get close enough but there's too much going on to be safe at that property. The owner will have to get a weed eater on those berms if it really bothers him. Personally, I'd leave them alone.
Yup, not worth risking equipment over a few hundred bucks.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Took Harold (The Laundry Fairy's, grandfathers 40+ year old L305DT tractor that I bought to keep in family) out. Shredded the sides of our road from the highway to the farm and then took it 11ft under water (imaginary water in our dry stock tank) and mowed 4ft tall weeds.

20240601_125131.jpg
20240601_125036.jpg
20240601_125028.jpg
20240601_124826.jpg
20240601_124759.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Still cleaning up storm damage from this springs 2' of snow and a week of no power.
No grapple here, just pallet forks spread wide and lots of hands on. Moved several pliles like this today. Cutting over the stone wall in a wet spot of course I slipped and down I went. Tylenol tonight for the shoulder.
And I still love my homemade step !!!

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Reactions: 1 users

KubotaHawg

Equipment
L2800DT, LA463, Landpride ΒΒ1260, RCR1260
Jan 9, 2022
NW Arkansas
Trimmed limbs from the front of the house with my two other orange tools and carried them down to the burn pile with the big orange tool—8 buckets worth, heaped up where couldn’t see in front of the tractor. Had been awhile, lots to trim up.
Best wheelbarrow known to mankind, an orange one with hydraulics…

Need to bush hog badly out at the property but got another inch of rain here in NWA again last night.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Actually, need to plant it. Picked up two Maple and a Lindon that size, a smaller Oak, Weeping Willow and two apple trees from a nursery. The bigger tree will be tomorrow's project.
I was referring to the rock! 😂😂😂

• Haha

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
I have to ask for absolution for a deadly sin. I bought a Cat 1 carry all frame from TSC today. The sin. It's black and not Kubota orange. I know this is a serious breach of protocol and that I may be banned from the forum for this. I beg forgiveness but the price was right.

Spent a few hours trying to find bushings for my Cat2 3pt. My TSC stores were out of stock on the top link 1 inch to 3/4 reducer. Resigned myself to waiting for the dealer to open on Monday.

Got back to the machine and accidentally dropped my keys in the cab "toolkit" pocket. Fished them out and found a bag of bushings that dealer had apparently placed there. The 1 inch to 3/4 was sitting in the bag the whole time. Not a very productive day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
A little landscaping job on Friday...took all day. I'm getting a little to old for these..

Start

Hess 1.JPG

done

Hess 2.JPG

Front

Hess 3.JPG

done

Hess 4.JPG

One down

Reactions: 10 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Saturday am job...little lipstick on a p-g.

Start
Vogrin 1.JPG

Vogrin 2.JPG

done

Vogrin 3.JPG

Vogrin 5.JPG

Starting another one tomorrow (Sunday). It's mini-ex time.

Reactions: 8 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Spent a little over 2 hours hooking up a 6' Howse landscape rake to the BX and then went out to the backyard and started raking the stones out of the dirt. Seems like the more I raked the more large rocks popped up. Then I took it off to the side yard where I store all the old iron. I had it listed for sale for $850 on Marketplace and was getting 4 & 5 hundred dollar offers. This rake is about 20 years old, has a wheel kit on it, and is very heavy steel. Now I remember why I sold my other Landpride landscape rake because it isn't quick hitch ready and neither is the Howse. I bought a used quick hitch-ready Landpride with wheels and will be finishing up with that one. I need to get some topsoil down on the rear "lawn" and plant some grass. I have been thinking that with the high cost of grass seed, sod might be the better choice.
I can barely move enough to go upstairs and take a shower, that is how tired I am. I can clearly remember 40 years ago when I did the same work with a 20 HP Bolens loader tractor. Seems as if it were a lot easier that time.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
When the county cut in this sewer line along the north side of our creek about 20 years ago (eminent domain is such a lovely concept) they put a silt fence using T posts on the downslope side. The cloth part is long gone but the T posts remain. Wife had wanted them gone for years. I sort of agree most of them should go. Now that I’m retired, figured I should get to work on it, but it’s been too wet to do it without tearing up the ground until the past few days.

Pulled about 100 yesterday afternoon by myself. Adult son helped today and we got around 100 more in an hour and a half or so this afternoon. About half done now, but have all of them out of the areas where there’s a reasonable possibility of someone accidentally running the Mule or tractor into one of them.
IMG_2506.jpeg

The little T post puller plate thing isn’t exactly a miracle gadget, but it does beat wrapping a chain if you’re pulling hundreds of posts. We originally got it for pulling about 500 T posts and associated silt fence at our church a few years ago.
IMG_2507.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I have to ask for absolution for a deadly sin. I bought a Cat 1 carry all frame from TSC today. The sin. It's black and not Kubota orange. I know this is a serious breach of protocol and that I may be banned from the forum for this. I beg forgiveness but the price was right.

Spent a few hours trying to find bushings for my Cat2 3pt. My TSC stores were out of stock on the top link 1 inch to 3/4 reducer. Resigned myself to waiting for the dealer to open on Monday.

Got back to the machine and accidentally dropped my keys in the cab "toolkit" pocket. Fished them out and found a bag of bushings that dealer had apparently placed there. The 1 inch to 3/4 was sitting in the bag the whole time. Not a very productive day.
At least it ain’t green.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
When the county cut in this sewer line along the north side of our creek about 20 years ago (eminent domain is such a lovely concept) they put a silt fence using T posts on the downslope side. The cloth part is long gone but the T posts remain. Wife had wanted them gone for years. I sort of agree most of them should go. Now that I’m retired, figured I should get to work on it, but it’s been too wet to do it without tearing up the ground until the past few days.

Pulled about 100 yesterday afternoon by myself. Adult son helped today and we got around 100 more in an hour and a half or so this afternoon. About half done now, but have all of them out of the areas where there’s a reasonable possibility of someone accidentally running the Mule or tractor into one of them.
View attachment 129884
The little T post puller plate thing isn’t exactly a miracle gadget, but it does beat wrapping a chain if you’re pulling hundreds of posts. We originally got it for pulling about 500 T posts and associated silt fence at our church a few years ago. View attachment 129885
I like the puller. Simple, but should be very effective. If made from hard steel and sharp edges left on the cutouts, it should bite the posts pretty well. I take it you have some sort of SSQA adapter for the chain? Do you use the curl to pull, or just the lift?

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
Did my first mowing with my Kubota LX3310/Swisher combo and it worked great.

swisher-kubota1.jpg

I started the day tweaking the install on the Kubota's MMM. It wasn't adjusted properly when it was installed and had some parts left bouncing around under the right belt cover. I installed the left off parts and adjusted the lift rods per the manual. The book setting for blade height turned out to be dead on after it was adjusted correctly. The gauge wheel holes specified for a 3" blade height were 3" on one side and 2-7/8" on the other. You can't get much closer than that. (On second thought I guess I can tweak the lift rod on the low side and get it dead on.) I had put new blades on the MMM the day before. I used Oregon gator blades on it and had to go to the dealer for an extra set of Bellville washers. Kubota has a special shouldered bolt and stepped washer with two Bellville washers on each blade. The Oregon blades were 0.40" thinner than the stock blades and spun when the bolts were tightened so I stacked a third Bellville washer under them. While at the dealer I discovered they had Kubota branded gator style blades that were as thick or thicker than the blades I removed. I will price those for consideration next time.

Before starting with the Kubota/Swisher combo I mowed around the areas I wouldn't be able to get to with my John Deere F725. I had to wear a face mask and goggles and was in a cloud of dust. Made me really appreciate the cab and AC when I got to the tractoring part.

The Swisher connected to the Kubota is a lot more controllable than it was connected to my finish mower. I can make clockwise turns around most of my trees and get right up against them where I can't with just the cab and MMM. I may still tweak the tongue one day. On sharp left turns it would get caught under the 3pt lift arm and I would have to raise the 3pt briefly to get it unstuck. It doesn't back up as predictably as it did connected to the finish mower but there isn't much reason to have to back up anyways. I'm getting a 10 foot wide cutting path and you can't tell the difference in cut quality between the two mowers.

Have I mentioned how well the AC works in this Kubota? It was mid 90s yesterday and I had to adjust the temp and fan speed because I was getting too cold.

I don't care much for the orange color and having to wear my 3M blue tooth hearing protection. The hydro whine isn't much louder than my JD and the engine is quieter but for some reason the ratcheting cruise control mechanism increases the hydro wine 10 fold. It's a common complaint on this model. I was having to use the hearing protection on my open station 4310 anyways. Life is full of compromise.

Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Did my first mowing with my Kubota LX3310/Swisher combo and it worked great.

View attachment 129894

I started the day tweaking the install on the Kubota's MMM. It wasn't adjusted properly when it was installed and had some parts left bouncing around under the right belt cover. I installed the left off parts and adjusted the lift rods per the manual. The book setting for blade height turned out to be dead on after it was adjusted correctly. The gauge wheel holes specified for a 3" blade height were 3" on one side and 2-7/8" on the other. You can't get much closer than that. (On second thought I guess I can tweak the lift rod on the low side and get it dead on.) I had put new blades on the MMM the day before. I used Oregon gator blades on it and had to go to the dealer for an extra set of Bellville washers. Kubota has a special shouldered bolt and stepped washer with two Bellville washers on each blade. The Oregon blades were 0.40" thinner than the stock blades and spun when the bolts were tightened so I stacked a third Bellville washer under them. While at the dealer I discovered they had Kubota branded gator style blades that were as thick or thicker than the blades I removed. I will price those for consideration next time.

Before starting with the Kubota/Swisher combo I mowed around the areas I wouldn't be able to get to with my John Deere F725. I had to wear a face mask and goggles and was in a cloud of dust. Made me really appreciate the cab and AC when I got to the tractoring part.

The Swisher connected to the Kubota is a lot more controllable than it was connected to my finish mower. I can make clockwise turns around most of my trees and get right up against them where I can't with just the cab and MMM. I may still tweak the tongue one day. On sharp left turns it would get caught under the 3pt lift arm and I would have to raise the 3pt briefly to get it unstuck. It doesn't back up as predictably as it did connected to the finish mower but there isn't much reason to have to back up anyways. I'm getting a 10 foot wide cutting path and you can't tell the difference in cut quality between the two mowers.

Have I mentioned how well the AC works in this Kubota? It was mid 90s yesterday and I had to adjust the temp and fan speed because I was getting too cold.

I don't care much for the orange color and having to wear my 3M blue tooth hearing protection. The hydro whine isn't much louder than my JD and the engine is quieter but for some reason the ratcheting cruise control mechanism increases the hydro wine 10 fold. It's a common complaint on this model. I was having to use the hearing protection on my open station 4310 anyways. Life is full of compromise.
The newest LX models are supposed to have addressed the hydrohowl with a new transmission design. I’ll agree, my 2019 LX2610SU has quite a howl, but it still beats hell out of my silent axe, shovel, pitchfork, bow saw, and wheel barrow. Only slightly more noisy than the little 6HP chipper/shredder with the WC68 on the back. I did as much deadfall and brush cleanup in an afternoon with the LX as what I did in the previous 5 years. As you say, compromise. Blown up rotator cuffs and old age are compensated for by listening to a bit of noise. That’s what hearing protection is for.