What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Chew

Aug 5, 2014
Centerville, Tx
I worked the crap out of my l3400. We had a big washout due to flooding and a bad culvert joint on the neighbors side.

I drove the tractor into the big creek and hand loaded 4 bucket fulls of big rock and dumped it in the hole. Then used the box blade to push me up a big pile of dirt in our future pond site. Then used 5 or 6 buckets of dirt to fill and pack the hole. Was too tired to take pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592554.434494.jpg

Then dog got snakebit right by us in the creek. She's ok now. Tough old Catahoula

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592600.852178.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436592614.070155.jpg

Last edited:

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
Hmm... I think I need to get you to "swing by" and trim the hedges around my front porch. :D

How many controls does the trimmer use, and where did you place them? Did you plumb it yourself and if so, use any four-way spools or double spools?

From your vid, it is clear that you have considerable experience with big trim jobs. Very nice!
trimmer is hooked up to the rear memote connection, the machine itself has 4 controls on it

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got the hill bush hogged, along with the access road to the bottoms where pops hunts at. :D
That hill had a pucker factor of 7 :eek: glad I put the rice tires back on. Wouldn't have made it back up with the other set. Hill dropped 70ft to 80 ft in elevation and was around 250 to 300 yards too the bottom. Tractor refused to back up it. So it was 2nd gear low range crawling up it and feathering the bush hog to keep the tires on the ground. At least now it can be maintained with a combination of his riding lawn mower and four wheeler to pull the mower back up :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

Mowed around the outbuildings and finally got on that wet section of the South pasture. I mow with an ancient Duetz 6' finish mower on the three point, still does a good job.

Sure am lovin' my air-conditioned mower! :p

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Had lots of seat time today - hauled 30 miles to lake, cleaned up some over grown areas and dug a french ditch! Dug a sloping ditch - placed drain sock in and covered with 57's.......hell I hope it works!:D

Attachments

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
What did you do to or on your Kubota today? did some ploughing

Hi there,

i did some ploughing last saturday using an old ferguson MF 793 two furrow plough on my L5040 to prepare some planting later in fall in the forest.
The hydraulic top link prooved to be very useful to get the plough into the soil and out again around the old stumps.
All went very well until i was basically finished but wanted to pass one more time and pushed back an old log with the plough got it inside the right back wheel and 5 sec. later sheared the valve off the air chamber...
5 sec too late with no reaction from myself...
luckily i had a mobile and a net too, so i called my dear wife to collect me, 10 km distance, bought a new air chamber on my way back to the house at a blacksmiths shop, , then back home to get the big jack, well filled air compressor, tyre levers and all the stuff you might need to get a wheel off, back into the woods and change the air chamber,
well all went reasanbly well, 2,5 h spent at 30° Celsius for not thinking 5 seconds!
Have fun with your Botas folks!

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im scratchin my head trying to figure out why my fuel gauge is reading high when there is only half a tank,,, Any ideas?

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Im scratchin my head trying to figure out why my fuel gauge is reading high when there is only half a tank,,, Any ideas?

Are you checking the gauge after beer thirty? You know that double vision would transform half a tank into a full tank. ;) :p :D

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
On the 14th I unloaded some firewood that has been on my truck for three weeks. It has been raining here on and off for that time. This pictures were taken with a game camera.

Attachments

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

I live on the coast of Maine. I'm here to tell ya, they don't call it the "Rockbound Coast of Maine" for nothing!

I used to mow a lot of fields around here, but as my equipment (and bod...) aged I gave them up one by one. I mowed with a John Deere 750 compact and a 5' Woods rotary mower. No power steering, no live PTO and an 8 speed manual transmission.

I've got one set of fields left that belong to an elderly lady that I've done odd jobs for for 25 years that I mow every year. Two fields in three sections. The lower half of the main field isn't bad, just gotta remember to stay well away from the ditch (it NEVER dries out) and all but a couple of the rocks are bigguns that you can't miss, and I generally remember where the gotchas are at.

Upper half of that field is a little more work, from the ditch uphill about 50 feet it's chockablock full of stumps. Used to be a raft of Eastern Larch (Tamarack) in there that were taken out with one of those excavator-mounted tree gobblers. The stumps were right down to ground level, but they stick up enough to make for a rough ride and ya gotta go slow. Once you get past that, the rest is easy.

The piece across the road is a genuine registered hellhole. Rocks. Stumps. Holes. Ditches. Steep grades and a 20 foot straight drop off into the harbor if you mess up. Fortunately, it's small.

All three require a lot of speed changes, backing and filling. And the owner doesn't want them mowed until mid/late summer after all the wild flowers have gone by so it's always hot, sticky and buggy.

Just mowed all three with my new rig. Nice and comfy, cool and bug-free in the air conditioned cab. Whipping around trees and stumps with one finger on the power steering. Speed changes consist of letting up or pushing down on a pedal instead of shoving in the clutch, waiting for the 'hawg to wind down, picking a gear and feathering the clutch while the 'hawg winds back up. Cut a half-hour off my best time for mowing that mess.

Shoulda dug up a couple of Mason jars of that moldy old money years ago!