What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
In June I spread 40 tons (30 yds) of 3/4" stone, 3 tons at a time, on a 1/4 mile stretch of our road/driveway. 22 years ago this was a seasonal dirt woods road. This is how I turned it into a year round driveway.

TG_G-1s.jpg

Yesterday I used the L3010 and my 650 lb 5' wide land plane grading scraper to mix the stone into the existing road surface so that it will pack. It takes a couple passes before good mixing occurs.

TG_G-2s.jpg

This how it turned out

TG_G-3s.jpg

Here is a little 4 minute video tail gating one load of stone and the land plane working on a couple different passes. Some vibration on the LPGS parts.

gg

Reactions: 12 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the L3901DT to put pallet forks in the truck and take down to my brother-in-law's. They are getting a wheelchair lift and they are going to use them with his LX. Not sure what model he has. They had to take his other leg a couple of months ago. So he is missing both legs just above where the knees were. I had never used a HST before, took a little to get use to. But I think I will stick with my geared tractor.

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Oly smokes! Seeing that dump truck driver spread that gravel was seriously impressive. It wasn't his first rodeo.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Stormed most all morning so couldn’t do anything outside until late afternoon. Didn’t do much, but did swap the grapple for the bucket and chipper for boxblade. Then filled in the hole left by pushing out the tree in front of the shed yesterday. The Piranha worked well getting dirt from a pile that had been there for several years and had the roots in it to prove it.

Pre-trip; swapping implements front and back; two buckets from a dirt pile a quarter mile away; running over the fill about 6 dozen times to pack it, relevel, pack, repeat; hose off, and park: ALL that took a total of 35 minutes.

I know we’ve had the L for a few years now, but sometimes I still feel a little spoiled running a reasonably capable modern tractor. Today was one of those days. From pushing over a decent size tree yesterday to filling the stump hole today, this was all just too easy.
IMG_1005.jpeg
IMG_1004.jpeg

Didn’t exactly wash, wax, and detail after, but at least hosed off the wet clay before it dried into something resembling brick, which can actually adhere sufficiently to negatively affect performance if not removed. Much more easily removed before it dries.
IMG_1007.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Moved the B2672 snow blade to its summer storage location. Thinking that since I haven't had a use for it in a few years, I will kick it down the road to someone that will have a use for it. I now use the snowblower more often with the K Connect and the K Connect plow when I need a plow.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
The “hoe” and I removed landscape rock from the kids house to make room for outdoor AC unit.

IMG_2023-7-10-121148.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
In June I spread 40 tons (30 yds) of 3/4" stone, 3 tons at a time, on a 1/4 mile stretch of our road/driveway. 22 years ago this was a seasonal dirt woods road. This is how I turned it into a year round driveway.

View attachment 106876

Yesterday I used the L3010 and my 650 lb 5' wide land plane grading scraper to mix the stone into the existing road surface so that it will pack. It takes a couple passes before good mixing occurs.

View attachment 106877

This how it turned out

View attachment 106878

Here is a little 4 minute video tail gating one load of stone and the land plane working on a couple different passes. Some vibration on the LPGS parts.

gg
Nice video.

Just curious if you go back and crown the road?

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Last few days I’ve been testing out a new spot I cleared and leveled for wood related hobbies. Cut some firewood, and grabbed some logs from my brothers property I’m going to mill for him.

Between the forks, grapple, and backhoe, I’m getting good at moving wood around!

IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_6214.jpeg
IMG_6225.jpeg
IMG_6227.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Nice video.

Just curious if you go back and crown the road?

Good question - That section in the picture a keep a flat slope draining from the high left side to the low right. There are some big boulders just beneath the surface on the left side that I don't need to deal with right now and it drains fine. This is the profile of that section looking up hill taken several years ago after mud season.

SmBeforeGrding.JPG

Other portions I crown. But I crown it first with a blade

CornerRearBlade.JPG

Then finish it with the LPGS

CornerLPGS1.JPG

gg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Scaffolding, scraped paint in prep for painting. View attachment 106993
Please be careful doing that.

Working out the bucket has gotten more than one person hurt.....so really watch yourself.

I use my tractor to move 'scaffolding' around. I welded up some brackets that attach to the bucket which allows me to pick it up, move it and to help anchor/steady it.

Needed it to reach a tree limb recently, since I don't have a bucket truck.

3Tier_f.jpg
3Tier_c.jpg
More limb2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Continued to work on a trail from my one driveway where my house is to another driveway that used to be (I think Based on the sketchy electric hookup when I moved) a camper parking area a long time ago well before I moved in or the house even being here. Cut down 4-5 trees a month ago and now pushed them out of the way with a bucket. I also tried to dig out a rotting Stump that’s right in the middle of the trail, but after 10 minutes I was already a foot deep on one side and it wasn’t moving, so I went around it for now.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Continued to work on a trail from my one driveway where my house is to another driveway that used to be (I think Based on the sketchy electric hookup when I moved) a camper parking area a long time ago well before I moved in or the house even being here. Cut down 4-5 trees a month ago and now pushed them out of the way with a bucket. I also tried to dig out a rotting Stump that’s right in the middle of the trail, but after 10 minutes I was already a foot deep on one side and it wasn’t moving, so I went around it for now.
Bigger tractor (TLB, or mini-ex) with root ripper, needed for stumps.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
For a tractor your size if you have numerous stumps or routine need for stump removal you might consider an economical stump grinder such as a a WC46. If it’s a one off project, renting a CTL with stump bucket or a mini-ex may be cheaper. Digging out a stump with a loader on a CUT isn’t always impossible, but sometimes is, and is usually asking a lot of a relatively small utility tractor.

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA
Finally got around to playing with a G3200 and G4200 I had laying around. The 4200 HST I bought years ago for the HST. Ended up swapping the HST into my G6200 because the original was having some issues. Everything else from that 4200 sat on the side of my shed for a few years untouched.

The 3200 I recently picked up for 100 bucks. Missing the cylinder head but everything else was there. It was used at a school to cut grass for its life. I’ve been looking for a manual trans G since buying my 5200 Over 10 years ago.

The original plan was to swap the manual into the 6200. Years ago, in preparation for that, I got my 6200 frame all ready for it…clutch pedal and all. Fast forward to now, I don’t think that what I want.

Current plan/project is taking the motor out of the 4200, and mating it to the manual of the 3200.

Pulled the engine the other day…

IMG_1084.jpeg

Had to swap crank pulleys and rubber insulators in order to make the driveshaft work. Engine is in and mated…

IMG_1097.jpeg

She cranks over nicely, had to order a fuel pump, so hopefully in the next few days I can get her up and running.

Reactions: 3 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I borrowed a home made 3 point ripper and dug a 250' trench for an underground electric fence. The underground fence connects two separate gardens electric fences. I was getting tired of mowing around the above ground fence and keeping it clear.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
No action shots, but cleared the end of the county culvert (again) with the BH, trying to minimize more dirt washing into ny watercourse.
IMG_0032.JPG