What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Raked in some TTTF from Tractor Supply 6 days ago and aimed my sprinklers to get coverage. Eventually I'll have to add a sprinkler or two to the area (have had to manually water). I'm already seeing growth 😁 few more weeks of watering and it'll be ready for first mow.

I'm sure there will be some areas that won't fill in well, I'll end up overseeding with a KBG blend in the winter or early spring and let it all fill in. This open area will be my shed building site in the future but I can mow and maintain it for now.

Before:
PXL_20220814_200407858.jpg

After:
PXL_20220826_224837431.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Too lazy for pics but ran the chipper for a few hours today. Made a nice dent in one of a dozen or so branch piles. Vacation this coming week so gonna try to make a much larger dent in the piles when I’m not trying to finish up a deck rebuilding adventure, in the pool or dog shenanigans.

Reactions: 3 users

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Added a new ballast box snd contemplated what to do for the tire ballast.
With the ballast box no need to add tire fill. Personally I would never ballast (fill my tires) ever!

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Because the additional 6.3" of length and 7.3" of width would have been a deal breaker for you?
Actually, in my case, yes. Short of taking out numerous mature trees I have no desire to take out, there were, and are, pretty hard limits on machine size.

If you’re ever in central NC area, have a bit of extra time, and are really interested why just a few of inches width can be a deal breaker, shoot me a PM and I’ll be glad to give you a tour of our place. Only 70 acres so wouldn’t take long unless you wanted to walk it instead of riding in the Mule. At some point, “just a little bigger” is too big.

Based on the photos I’ve seen of your quite lovely place, looks like you have many wide open spaces. I think our property is lovely as well, but wide open spaces… not so much.

Reactions: 3 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Actually, in my case, yes. Short of taking out numerous mature trees I have no desire to take out, there were, and are, pretty hard limits on machine size.

If you’re ever in central NC area, have a bit of extra time, and are really interested why just a few of inches width can be a deal breaker, shoot me a PM and I’ll be glad to give you a tour of our place. Only 70 acres so wouldn’t take long unless you wanted to walk it instead of riding in the Mule. At some point, “just a little bigger” is too big.

Based on the photos I’ve seen of your quite lovely place, looks like you have many wide open spaces. I think our property is lovely as well, but wide open spaces… not so much.
I’ve been told on this forum by knowitall experts to thin out my wooded areas if all I can fit is an LX, that I am inexperienced since I don’t have a larger tractor, that an L series is better for my needs, blah, blah, blah.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Thanks for offer, that's very kind. You clearly have a much better idea of your needs and thought it through and made the best choice for you and your property. I wish I'd taken a shorter path to my final destination, but sometimes you have to get it wrong in order to get it right.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Took the roof off to install radio & speakers. Also going to hardwire my LED beacon and Reflectix underside while I have it off.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...dio-to-a-kubota-cab-tractor.56484/post-574816

View attachment 86089
View attachment 86091
That's awesome. Are you going to add insulation in addition to the Reflectix. I'm not familiar with that product but will check it out. I would like to do something similar to my tractors, both for cold and for heat. I was thinking that a cellulose based insulation would be a good choice.

Last edited:

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
That's awesome. Are you going to add insulation in addition to the Reflectix. I'm not familiar with that product but will check it out. I would like to do something similar to my tractors, both for cold and for heat. I was thinking that a cellulose based insulation would be a good choice.
From what I remember reading there is not a whole bunch of room so I think everyone uses the Reflectix.

1DBDBF65-AB37-4CA8-89CF-B904F074FA20.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I finally had a slow spell at work which gave me a little free time to add the Standard Features that should have been "standard" on the Standard L2501.........

First up: The L3302 floor mats.
20220826_110343.jpg

Next: The right side handle.
20220826_110439.jpg

Following the RS handle: Bucket level gauge
20220826_110415.jpg

And finally the bolt on bucket cutting edge.........This will come in handy to scrape ice + snow off my parking lot this winter.
20220826_110333.jpg

With a little time left in my day and some scrap 3/16 steel plate I started fabrication of a hydraulic pump skid plate.......
20220826_132738.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Edit: Basically the same as NCL4701 said above...being in TN, it's not surprising we have similar topography and needs.....my original reply below as well.

Because the additional 6.3" of length and 7.3" of width would have been a deal breaker for you?
You can make this comment over and over for each step up. At some point it's big enough :).

I see your point but I'd suggest looking at it from another perspective -- the argument you make from the L4701 to MX is the same as one can make from the L3901 to the 4701. The extra 45% lift capacity for the 4701, extra weight, and bigger frame were totally worth it. Another step up would have been too much IMO. Could it work? Sure. Is the MX a good deal compared to the 4701? Absolutely. But it already feels tight in the trees - the extra width and length would make it even more difficult to turn around and work the grapple, mower, and rake in tight spaces.

it'd be worth taking a good look at both if you're in the L/MX market.
Absoultely agree it's worth looking at both. But I don't think it's fair to expect that the MX is the right choice for 100% of buyers.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Edit: Basically the same as NCL4701 said above...being in TN, it's not surprising we have similar topography and needs.....my original reply below as well.

You can make this comment over and over for each step up. At some point it's big enough :).

I see your point but I'd suggest looking at it from another perspective -- the argument you make from the L4701 to MX is the same as one can make from the L3901 to the 4701. The extra 45% lift capacity for the 4701, extra weight, and bigger frame were totally worth it. Another step up would have been too much IMO. Could it work? Sure. Is the MX a good deal compared to the 4701? Absolutely. But it already feels tight in the trees - the extra width and length would make it even more difficult to turn around and work the grapple, mower, and rake in tight spaces.

And in truth, the width is a non-starter because the rear wheels are adjustable for width. It makes no difference to me what folks decide to buy, and it's a good thing that you're happy with the L, but I really don't see how an MX would be a problem for someone who likes and has an L.

Absoultely agree it's worth looking at both. But I don't think it's fair to expect that the MX is the right choice for 100% of buyers.
You're absolutely right. I kind of apologized to @NCL4701 for my presumptive comments. We all have our own wants, needs and ideas. It's good to get the chance to compare different models on the lot, to get a sense of the size differences, but we don't typically get to use them on our properties unless we buy them. Many of us will never know if a different sized tractor would be better for us until we make a change.

The jump from a BX to an MX seemed massive at first for me, but I soon got used to the much bigger tractor. Now an MX feels small to me. I'm good friends with the manager at the local Kubota dealer, and I think he thought he was doing the right thing selling me a BX back in 2016, but in truth it was never enough tractor for my needs. He ended up buying that tractor from me for his cabin by the lake and maybe that was his plan all along! :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Yesterday, I bought a middle buster plow. The plan is to dig potatoes the next couple of days. View attachment 85989
I just used mine for first time today…way better than digging by hand…followed behind with pitch fork and put in buckets.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I just used mine for first time today…way better than digging by hand…followed behind with pitch fork and put in buckets.
I used mine to dig out 5 bushels, mostly Kennebacks. I had my top link at the shortest length; my thinking was to make it dig deeper and more aggressively. I didn't destroy too many. There will be some more ready next month.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I just ran my all the way down on the 3pt hydr lever…i did not split or poke a single one that we found that way. I did not know it was back there for that matter. It exceeded my expectations.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Apparently I have been slacking on the FEL grease. Found a missing pin keeper bolt. Turned out to be a stuck/seized pin. Mapp gas torch, penetrating oil and a BFH wouldn’t move it. Round 2 tomorrow, maybe.
Finally getting back to this. All I can say is, grease your loader pins!!
79A06476-75DB-444C-B521-19487F95E5ED.jpeg

0EF7CDEF-7BC3-48EB-B492-105B9FE6FE6A.jpeg

Looking at the pin, looks to have some rust in it, seized to the link, not the ssqa plate. Heat, oil, hammer, repeat. Finally got it out enough to put the pry bar in keeper hole and got it twisting, then put some tension with strap. Really started moving then. All of this with loader arm hard against tree.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users