What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Looks good je1279. My BX has the same style bucket reinforcement across the top. Did you have to drill through 2 layers of steel to have the bolts come out inside the bucket? Which parts did you order? What Ken's shows for the BX bucket doesn't match what I have.

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Looks good je1279. My BX has the same style bucket reinforcement across the top. Did you have to drill through 2 layers of steel to have the bolts come out inside the bucket? Which parts did you order? What Ken's shows for the BX bucket doesn't match what I have.
Do you have the model number for your bucket? Mine is the square back style bucket and yes you end up drilling right through the seam where two layers connect on the bottom. I'd recommend good drill bits, going slowly and using plenty of cutting oil. In order to allign with the loader arms on my 60" bucket, you need to install the shim, washers and nuts in the small pockets on each end of the bucket and then tighten. I did it by myself but a spare set of hands would have definitely been helpful for that.

20210323_093244_001.jpg

Last edited:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
frustrated. 5 years ago I installed a little parking pad off the driveway with 3/4" crushed Delaware river stone. Now I'm trying to extend this pad, need the same stone, and no one has it. They are offering 3/4" smooth river stone (not crushed). I don't think that's a good idea, especially without a base. I think I'm going to substitute 3/4 crushed limestone and try to mix what's there. arrghhhh

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We need to put a layer of red clay gravel down first to seal the drive. Otherwise we will squish through and have a mess and remember to seal it on the redo.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Received the street pads for the backhoe today. Just wanted to post a link here so that others may find it.

flip pads 2.JPG

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
frustrated. 5 years ago I installed a little parking pad off the driveway with 3/4" crushed Delaware river stone. Now I'm trying to extend this pad, need the same stone, and no one has it. They are offering 3/4" smooth river stone (not crushed). I don't think that's a good idea, especially without a base. I think I'm going to substitute 3/4 crushed limestone and try to mix what's there. arrghhhh
That river stone won't compact. I used to use it around pools and (in smaller size) for the bare-footers and in accent area landscapes, but not for a parking pad. It also makes for good french drain stone. I don't think I've ever seen crushed river stone. What's the point of crushing it other than if it was a specific color blend?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Rear tie downs installed. 5/16 grade 70 chain. Was originally going to make a new plate but since I wanted to cut the chains anyways. Figured I might as well just take the center 4 links out.
B2224B2A-6BC3-4E5D-9579-959376A87ADC.jpeg

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
That river stone won't compact. ... not for a parking pad. It also makes for good french drain stone. I don't think I've ever seen crushed river stone. What's the point of crushing it other than if it was a specific color blend?
Thank you Steve! im glad i skipped that stuff. I ended up with 3/4" minus crushed limestone, and it blended well. Hopefully the limestone will get a shade darker after some rain.

Spread out 15 tons today, mostly with box blade, and finished with rake. I had such a nice mostly straight edge, until the dump truck driver, drove over it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Thank you Steve! im glad i skipped that stuff. I ended up with 3/4" minus crushed limestone, and it blended well. Hopefully the limestone will get a shade darker after some rain.

Spread out 15 tons today, mostly with box blade, and finished with rake. I had such a nice mostly straight edge, until the dump truck driver, drove over it :ROFLMAO:
Looks great!! I still have to wait to level my driveway. Ice is just finally off my pond. Gotta wait for the rest of the frost to get out of the ground before I can start on the driveway.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
Something therapeutic about spreading stone lol

Reactions: 1 users

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Bought another kubota.. this time a bx2200.. with 560 hours in very nice condition, unlike the b7300 I bought a few weeks ago..

My shop is stuffed with tractors now.. not complaining.

One thing I noticed is the front wheels need a alignment so to say.. came with the canopy and 48 inch box blade..

The pto engagement thingy? On the side of the transmission looks like it's been rebuilt, and the rear pto has rtv showing so it's been apart at some time..

Just going to mow with it.. 54 inch deck... about time for new blades and roller wheels..

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I stopped by the local dealer for price check on landpride PFL1242 forks. They had 2 sets in stock and @ good price. When I sent my wife the text they had 2 sets she took it as they had 1 when I left :)

Reactions: 5 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I stopped by the local dealer for price check on landpride PFL1242 forks. They had 2 sets in stock and @ good price. When I sent my wife the text they had 2 sets she took it as they had 1 when I left :)
Sounds like when I went to get my chains. Txted the wife that they actually had 3 in stock.. when I picked her up later she said “I’m guessing they only have 1 chain now?”

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Picked up a 12" auger for the post hole digger. Will be digging the holes for the new shrubs with it.
Called 'Call before you dig' to mark out the top of the driveway area by the street. Stopped by the local nursery and ordered enough shrubbery to keep me busy for a week.
CBYD is supposed to be here Friday so I marked out the area in white paint. Last experience with them was less than great. They missed the underground line service by 8'. The excavator who was removing my oil tank didn't miss it tho :(
I'm not too worried as I expect to go down only about 2'.

Looking forward to getting a planting section done so I can spread a few yards of bark chips.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Picked up a 12" auger for the post hole digger. Will be digging the holes for the new shrubs with it.
Called 'Call before you dig' to mark out the top of the driveway area by the street. Stopped by the local nursery and ordered enough shrubbery to keep me busy for a week.
CBYD is supposed to be here Friday so I marked out the area in white paint. Last experience with them was less than great. They missed the underground line service by 8'. The excavator who was removing my oil tank didn't miss it tho :(
I'm not too worried as I expect to go down only about 2'.

Looking forward to getting a planting section done so I can spread a few yards of bark chips.
There was almost and explosion that luckily only turned into a huge investigation after a friend of mine hit a natural gas line putting in fence post. Lucky for her she had the paperwork with all the drawings. There wasn’t a single item listed anywhere in her back yard. All utilities were labeled in the front. There was a line running between her house and her neighbors the the neighborhood behind them and it wasn’t on any of the drawings. She had 3 different people show up with maps and diagrams and checking around the area. None of them could figure out why there was nothing about that line listed anywhere.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Since we have had a stretch of warmer weather and the 15day forecast doesn't look like any real snow threat is on the horizon, I took a quick minute to pull together a "dolly" for the blower. I have some casters on order but had 2x10" PT hanging around from a deck project last year.

Simple, strong and damn heavy. Not sure which will be heavier the dolly or the blower !!!!

I know this isn't technically "tractor operation" but still it is tractor related.......and there is another tractor in the background in my shed lol

Dolly 1.1.jpg
Dolly 2.1.jpg

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Since we have had a stretch of warmer weather and the 15day forecast doesn't look like any real snow threat is on the horizon, I took a quick minute to pull together a "dolly" for the blower. I have some casters on order but had 2x10" PT hanging around from a deck project last year.

Simple, strong and damn heavy. Not sure which will be heavier the dolly or the blower !!!!

I know this isn't technically "tractor operation" but still it is tractor related.......and there is another tractor in the background in my shed lol

View attachment 56854 View attachment 56855
It will be a nice improvement over man handling it out of the way! Like the old Wheel Horse.,

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
....None of them could figure out why there was nothing about that line listed anywhere.
Our sewer lines were like that. The one in my backyard ran directly under 2 houses. It's not even listed on my deed. City has called me a couple of times telling me they are coming through to clear trees. I tell them when they get a deeded right of way, you can.... :ROFLMAO: I've held them at bay since 2001.

The sewer line out front of the house, I've showed the city where it was several times. One developer who did not want a manhole right in front of a million dollar house, simply covered it with dirt. Another time, in front of my house, they parked on top of the manhole that they could not find... 🤪 City finally survey the line and mapped it correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users