Welcome to my town

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just got a call from a Past Master of the Lodge to help board up the Lodge this evening, see the local police informed him there is going to be a protest in my little town and the odds of some bad people showing up were very good. So off to gather plywood and drill and saws and what ever else cause we have a ton of windows in the lodge, but I guess a firebomb would make short work of the wood anyway,,, What has this world come to,, though I did offer to sit in the upstairs windows and ,,well over see things ,, but he said no,,,bummer. SO maybe nothing will come of it I hope nothing does.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Stay safe out there.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Personally, I've had a bellyfull of the Floyd bs. The clown was a professional criminal, a druggie and had Covid to boot.

if the protesters stopped to look at what they are protesting about, they'd probably puke.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Personally, I've had a bellyfull of the Floyd bs. The clown was a professional criminal, a druggie and had Covid to boot.

if the protesters stopped to look at what they are protesting about, they'd probably puke.
Where did you hear that? In any case everyone scummy or not is entitled to a fair trial.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Where did you hear that? In any case everyone scummy or not is entitled to a fair trial.
Skeets method is much more efficient for everyone involved. They should just treat the looters like terrorists and remove the threat.

It would only take a few and the rest would run home and close the bulkhead door.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I just got a call from a Past Master of the Lodge to help board up the Lodge this evening, see the local police informed him there is going to be a protest in my little town and the odds of some bad people showing up were very good. So off to gather plywood and drill and saws and what ever else cause we have a ton of windows in the lodge, but I guess a firebomb would make short work of the wood anyway,,, What has this world come to,, though I did offer to sit in the upstairs windows and ,,well over see things ,, but he said no,,,bummer. SO maybe nothing will come of it I hope nothing does.
Prayers Brother that they leave your lodge alone. To bad you can’t inflict the penalties of the degree

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
In Casper, the nearest large town 120 miles awa, armed citizens accompanied the protesters to keep them out of trouble.
Neighbor saw a badger, that was the most excitement we have had.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA

Sheepfarmer ---Is right Innocence til proven guilty.

Sidecarflip --- Thats just a racist comment to me.
What if that was your son and was pulled over for speeding or something and got restrained with a knee on the back of his neck and died. I guess we could say he was a criminal for speeding and got what he deserved.

Yes he tested positive for Covid at one point like how many other hundreds of thousands of other people in this country. White or Black

Yes he had drugs in his system and a criminal background. Like a lot of people in this country. White or Black

But did he deserve to die because he may have possibly passed a counterfeit bill no. Maybe you should stop watching the news if your sick of this "Floyd BS"

Drugs, Crime, and Covid don't discriminate they ruin all lives equally.

Where all not as perfect as you. sidecarflip

Edit : some cops are just as much as criminals as the guys there arresting sometimes. Just seen a video today of a cop pushing down a 75 old man at a protest. he in serious condition

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
If I'm robbing your home and you shoot me dead I deserve it.
The looters are getting a free pass. The killer cop is going to prison. Its done. The media is feeding into the caos by following their every step. The local news was following protesters in Portland Maine tonight. I changed the channel.
I'm sorry to hear about the lodge also but don't risk your life for property.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If I'm robbing your home and you shoot me dead I deserve it.
The looters are getting a free pass. The killer cop is going to prison. Its done. The media is feeding into the caos by following their every step. The local news was following protesters in Portland Maine tonight. I changed the channel.
I'm sorry to hear about the lodge also but don't risk your life for property.
The looters may not all get a free pass. It takes a while but police in our area pore over videos of post game riots and identify as many as they can and bring them to trial for the property damage.

Ditto on the channel change. I've watched a lot of cooking shows, tow trucks pulling
Semis out of the ditch, game wardens writing warning for no fishing license, etc etc. :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
One of the Brothers a PSP stopped by to chat and said there is not a hotel, motel vacancy for 30 miles around,, I sure hope, the bad guys stay away. The town along the protest march route looks like something you would see for a hurricane everything is boarded up, it is not a pleasant sight

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Townhall. So tell me Sheep, think the officer will get a fair trail? I don't and Floyd is a scumbag, like it or not. I've seen plenty of footage of the arrest and what transpired. Yes, the cop used excessive force but that don't justify nine more dealths and millions in looting.

Floyd was a career criminal, a druggie (the coroner found fentanyl in his blood stream) and the Hennipin County Coroner did a swab test on the corpse and it came bacl positive Covid and he had heart disease and sickjle cell.

It's out there if you care to read it.

I'm up to my arse with the Floyd crap.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Skeets method is much more efficient for everyone involved. They should just treat the looters like terrorists and remove the threat.

It would only take a few and the rest would run home and close the bulkhead door.
+1. a couple well placed rounds and the lot of them would scurry back to their parent's basements where they belong.

Better not come here because that is exactly how it would play...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One of the Brothers a PSP stopped by to chat and said there is not a hotel, motel vacancy for 30 miles around,, I sure hope, the bad guys stay away. The town along the protest march route looks like something you would see for a hurricane everything is boarded up, it is not a pleasant sight
Whereabouts do you live Skeets? Close to Wheeling?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

What if that was your son and was pulled over for speeding or something and got restrained with a knee on the back of his neck and died. I guess we could say he was a criminal for speeding and got what he deserved.

Yes he tested positive for Covid at one point like how many other hundreds of thousands of other people in this country. White or Black

Yes he had drugs in his system and a criminal background. Like a lot of people in this country. White or Black

But did he deserve to die because he may have possibly passed a counterfeit bill no. Maybe you should stop watching the news if your sick of this "Floyd BS"

Edit : some cops are just as much as criminals as the guys there arresting sometimes. Just seen a video today of a cop pushing down a 75 old man at a protest. he in serious condition
Super super simple solution for the Floyd types and RACE has nothing to do with it.

Don't break the law and there is very little chance that cops will trigger your heart condition and cause you to die while resisting arrest.

Really, just don't break any laws. Super super easy.

I wish we could easily identify all these criminal apologists and tell all the criminals, "hey, if you just can't help yourself, steal and beat up these people as they think it is OK and will excuse it".

Everyone would be happy then right? The criminals can keep being criminals, the apologists can pay for it and the rest of us can get on with life.

I still like Skeets solution the best for the quickest, most effective method to solve the problem.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Don't know about racist but let me tell you for the record, I'm a half breed. I'm part African American by heritage and I'm still tired of the Floyd crap so, being part negro I'm very familiar with racism, I grew up with it, everyday.

Not perfect, no one is except the Lord and the Virgin Mary, all the rest of us have to attempt to make the climb. Some get higher than others, some never make it to the first rung.

Where you are on that ladder, I haven't a clue and frankly, don't care. I know where I'm at.

You can be as cynical as you want to be. Don't impact my views and opinions one iota.

I worked hard to achieve what I have both financially and morally and I'm real tired of the placating attitudes exhibited by our society today.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Townhall. So tell me Sheep, think the officer will get a fair trail? I don't and Floyd is a scumbag, like it or not. I've seen plenty of footage of the arrest and what transpired. Yes, the cop used excessive force but that don't justify nine more dealths and millions in looting.

Floyd was a career criminal, a druggie (the coroner found fentanyl in his blood stream) and the Hennipin County Coroner did a swab test on the corpse and it came bacl positive Covid and he had heart disease and sickjle cell.

It's out there if you care to read it.

I'm up to my arse with the Floyd crap.
I hope cops get a fair trial. A methodical judicial system is a key part of our democracy. As for additional deaths and looting, when I was a kid I was told two wrongs don't make a right. Still think that. There are way too many other people floating around using any excuse they can find to do violence. They have used this as an excuse to create chaos and vent their meanness. They should be caught and prosecuted. Demonstrating is legal. Looting is not.

My interpretation of all this is Floyd is a "last straw". Many of the other black deaths at the hands of police and citizen vigilantes have involved guns, and cops might have reason to fear for their own safety, but his death did not. He has become a symbol, albeit tarnished, and the pot just boiled over. All the way around it is a tragedy, and I am not sure showing all of the video clips showing one violent act after another over and over are a good thing. I have to turn the tv off.

BTW supposedly the cops were called because the store owner thought he had been paid with a counterfeit bill. Floyd was sitting in his car when they arrived. Any chance he paid with money he got from someone else, not knowing it was counterfeit? I haven't made any effort to see what the real truth here is, anyone have any reliable information? That's what trials are for, but here it won't happen, and the court of public opinion is pretty unreliable.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just as many Caucasian people are killed as blacks. You never hear about that and they aren't made martyred like Floyd was. Floyd was nothing but an excuse for mayhem. Natives got restless, I think a lot of that is attributable to the Covid lock down.

How about the black police officer that got killed during the mayhem? You didn't hear squat about that other than a small news blurb

All lives matter, not just blacks. I'm tired of the sensationalism and tired of the complacent attitudes of the politicians in the various areas where the mayhem took place.

Now I see that the Minneapolis's city council wants to 'disband' the police department and reorganize it in a much more liberal fashion. I say let them do it and I hope all the LE in the department resign then we will see how police response to any crime plays out.

Being an LEO is a thankless job. Remember, my son is a LEO in Georgia, a Georgia State Highway Patrol officer, he's a K9 officer. It wasn't my choice and I discouraged it but it's his choice and I constantly worry about him and his family. Having said that, he's an adult and as an adult, sets his own course. All my wife and I can do is sit back and worry, which we do. He has 2 wonderful daughters and a wonderful and understanding wife but we worry about if something happens to him what becomes of the kids and their mother.

Not a profession I'd want to be involved with. His choice as an adult however.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Considering Floyd's past, he might have printed it on his laser printer....:D If he has one that was his and not stolen.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
They are not 'cops' they are peace officers, bound by an oath to serve and protect.